The Student Room Group
It is a good degree

Therefore it is a STEM degree

:yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope, technically it's a vocational degree (like btecs).

******s doing medicine will struggle to get a job in the saturated market because it's not a STEM degree. There are so many medicine graduates.

Mathematics CEO £10k/day master race checking in.
Original post by Etomidate

Retards doing medicine will struggle to get a job in the saturated market because it's not a STEM degree. There are so many medicine graduates.

Strictly speaking it's usually both. Medical sciences degree is normally awarded after 3 years, and then MB ChB after another 2.
There aren't even any junior doctor jobs at the moment - last year's graduates took them all!
Reply 5
Original post by Etomidate

Retards doing medicine will struggle to get a job in the saturated market because it's not a STEM degree. There are so many medicine graduates.

I know- it's a worry exactly what I'm gonna do at the end of my medicine degree, because, let's face it, it's just not to the same standards as a STEM degree. If you're relegated to studying medicine, you may as well sign onto jobseeker's early- it's not like your knowledge of the related life and human sciences will ever enrich society.:frown:

Why oh why didn't I take a Stem degree when I had the chance? I did well in chemistry A level!
(edited 9 years ago)
The STEMM acronym has been doing the rounds for a while (http://www.bristol.ac.uk/equalityanddiversity/act/protected/gender/swancharter/).
Not in my opinion. And I'm glad, because it means it hopefully won't be associated with snobbery and comments like this:

Original post by Amir al-Mumineen
It is a good degree

Therefore it is a STEM degree

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't consider myself to be a "science" student by any means.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Democracy
Not in my opinion. And I'm glad, because it means it hopefully won't be associated with snobbery and comments like this:

Lol bro

I've seen your posts here and there and you are defo the epitome of snobbery

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amir al-Mumineen
Lol bro

I've seen your posts here and there and you are defo the epitome of snobbery

Posted from TSR Mobile

Join Date 24-03-2015

Posts Per Day 20.02

k, sounds legit
(edited 9 years ago)
It doesn't matter. You could consider it one, I guess. It seems to be classed as a STEM subject here: http://www.russellgroup.ac.uk/uploads/STEM-briefing.pdf

Only idiots on TSR think doing a STEM subject makes them better...
Original post by Democracy
I don't consider myself to be a "science" student by any means.

Then we went to very different med schools, though I suspect level of integration is the difference rather than content.
Reply 12
I'd say it is, because medicine has it's roots in science.
Original post by nexttime
There aren't even any junior doctor jobs at the moment - last year's graduates took them all!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you mean? I thought there is plenty of jobs for doctors?
Original post by nexttime
Then we went to very different med schools, though I suspect level of integration is the difference rather than content.

That goes without saying :wink: :p:

Did you consider yourself to be a science student over a medical student?

I think there's a reason why the degree we're working towards (or in your case, have already achieved) is entitled MB ChB/MB BS/BM BCh etc as opposed to BSc. Medicine is way more than just science.

Having done a 3 year BSc before, I don't view my current experiences as being very similar at all. But that's just my personal experience.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh boy.

There's just about enough jobs to cover all Foundation places. Last year we were a few short. That excludes any preference to your rotations (if you did poorly in your cohort, you have little say in where you end up; you're just guaranteed 'a place' in FP)
Reply 16
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

No, not many jobs in medicine, and the pay isn't that good anymore.
Original post by vikrmmn
No, not many jobs in medicine, and the pay isn't that good anymore.

Are you a doctor? Why,what happened?

Latest

Trending

Trending