The Student Room Group

2nd degree funding for counselling

Hi,
Please could you help me figure out if I can apply for tuition funding for a 2nd degree as an exception? The course is part time BA Hons degree in Humanistic Counselling at Chichester Uni. Many thanks in advance.
Original post by Alice287
Hi,
Please could you help me figure out if I can apply for tuition funding for a 2nd degree as an exception? The course is part time BA Hons degree in Humanistic Counselling at Chichester Uni. Many thanks in advance.

Hi there, Your course does not seem to appear on the list, here is a list of the part time exception courses:
- Medicine and Dentistry
- Subjects to Allied Medicine
- Biological and Sport Science
- Psychology
- Veterinary Sciences
- Agriculture, Food and Related Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Computing
- Geographical and Environmental Studies

Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply Angela,
There are several other posts in here about other very similar courses being questioned, including counselling degrees and being confirmed exempt? And previous mention of it being under STEM? Is there a way for me to double check this as it seems odd other counselling degrees would be but not this one. Thanks
Original post by Alice287
Thanks for your reply Angela,
There are several other posts in here about other very similar courses being questioned, including counselling degrees and being confirmed exempt? And previous mention of it being under STEM? Is there a way for me to double check this as it seems odd other counselling degrees would be but not this one. Thanks

Hi there,

Unfortunately, Counselling is not a course that is an exception to previous study and equal level qualification rules.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending