The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I remember seeing this a few years back. Made me laugh then, still does now.
Original post by zedeneye1
Because people teaching people to commit crime are better teachers than teachers teaching people not to commit crime.

Who are these teachers of crime?
Reply 22
Those were actually pretty funny, loled at number 9.

Original post by clh_hilary
So basically only men rape and only women get raped.

How common actually (pretending for a moment that it is legally a thing) is female on male rape? Because it seems to be one of the many issues men only seem to care about when it comes to point scoring against feminists.
Original post by zedeneye1
Because people teaching people to commit crime are better teachers than teachers teaching people not to commit crime.

Where are these crime teachers you speak of? Are there any specific schools you could refer me to?
Reply 24
So basically only men rape and only women get raped.

According to the British law you need a penis to rape. Weird, I know.
i'm sorry, but this is an idiotic set of rules. how can one so casually classify a whole gender as rapists from the get go? and the other, to be victims, when the reverse occurs as well?

(i do realize that they could be viewed as funny; but i just don't see it:/)
Original post by Josb

not weird, **sexist**. against a whole freaking gender.
Original post by lucaf
How common actually (pretending for a moment that it is legally a thing) is female on male rape? Because it seems to be one of the many issues men only seem to care about when it comes to point scoring against feminists.

Because 'feminists' see all men as potential rapists, and all accused rapists as actual rapists. This doesn't mean it's not an actual thing.

Also, I didn't even say it's just female on male. It can be male on male, too.

As a gay person myself, if a 'friend' actually gives me this note to 'learn' not to rape, I'd feel she's really flattering herself by thinking that I'd even want to do that ever if she pays me to.
Original post by Josb

And this suggests that men cannot be raped, how?
Reply 29
Because 'feminists' see all men as potential rapists, and all accused rapists as actual rapists. This doesn't mean it's not an actual thing.

As a gay person myself, if a 'friend' actually gives me this note to 'learn' not to rape, I'd feel she's really flattering herself by thinking that I'd even want to do that ever if she pays me to.

women cannot rape men as rape is a tool of institutionalized violence agaisnt women, whilst patriachy is still in existence women cannot rape men .end of, the dictionary is wrong.
Original post by theDanIdentity
i'm sorry, but this is an idiotic set of rules. how can one so casually classify a whole gender as rapists from the get go? and the other, to be victims, when the reverse occurs as well?

(i do realize that they could be viewed as funny; but i just don't see it:/)

Well, it's funny if you see this as mocking modern-day feminism, which it probably is.

Original post by theDanIdentity
not weird, **sexist**. against a whole freaking gender.

It's actually a product of patriarchy for to be so biased in favour of females - females were seen as men's properties, so obviously they cannot be violated, especially when they were 'tools' to reproduce issues for inheritance.
Reply 31
And this suggests that men cannot be raped, how?

Men can be raped, but not by women (according to the British law).
Original post by sacca
women cannot rape men as rape is a tool of institutionalized violence agaisnt women, whilst patriachy is still in existence women cannot rape men .end of, the dictionary is wrong.

The dictionary is once again not wrong, you are.
Reply 33
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Tbh this is on par with what I read awhile ago about ways for women to "prevent" rape, so this doesn't exactly shock me. Both are as awful as each other.

How are both equally awful when one is putting the responsibility on the perpetrator, as it should be?
Seriously? Men can be raped too.. Feminists :frown:... Zzz
Original post by sacca
beacause of patriachy. rape culture is endemic in our society and university campuses, look at page 3 and david cameron refusing to identify as feminist. this is why 1/5 women are raped.

Sorry to dissapoint you but 1/5 women do not get rape, that's a debunked myth that's been disproven by numerous studies. For example:

I'm going to assume you can't be bothered to read it so let me post a summery.
The full study, which was published by the Bureau of Justice Statistics, a division within DOJ, found that rather than one in five female college students becoming victims of sexual assault, the actual rate is 6.1 per 1,000 students, or 0.61 percent (instead of 1-in-5, the real number is 0.03-in-5). For non-students, the rate of sexual assault is 7.6 per 1,000 people.

So please, stop spreading your misinformation and lies. Perhaps instead educate yourself and probably stop taking the words of glorified bloggers or other out of touch individuals or publications.
(edited 9 years ago)

thanks for that my man, i now see the funny side aha:biggrin: didn't know there were still sane people on the interwebz..:P
But if I walked onto the street and a woman shot me in the head with a tranquliser dart and starting riding dirty on me then it'd be on YouTube within 10 minutes and have 2 views both of which are 60 year old dudes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by sacca

Institutionalised rape.... What does thst even mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Josb
Men can be raped, but not by women (according to the British law).

Yes, so why should the document be suggesting that only women can be raped?

Latest

Trending

Trending