The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tatt0barbie
Yes

Care to elaborate?
Original post by TurboCretin
Do you mean to say that men regard rape as normal?

lol check this kid. Mate every sexual encounter involving a man and a woman is in fact the man raping the women, consensual sex DOES NOT EXIST....

https://witchwind.wordpress.com/2013/12/15/piv-is-always-rape-ok/

BUT, denying a woman sex is ALSO rape...

http://thoughtcatalog.com/anne-gus/2014/06/when-he-says-no-denying-a-woman-sex-is-rape/

And yes, tongue in cheek is tongue in cheek I hear you say? Lol no kid, **** just got real...

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/09/05/french-man-ordered-to-pay-ex-wife-nearly-12000-in-damages-for-lack-sex/

So I ask you, are you going to be a "PIV rapist", or are you going to be a "reverse rapist", you makes you choice, you rapes your rape.

Onto the topic at hand, any men getting "upset" are overreacting for no reason, its a bit like when feminists go ape **** over some non-issue and we all call them out on it, so its a bit hypocritical to complain about this written clearly as a joke by a "comedian".
Original post by TurboCretin
Care to elaborate?

Re-read what I wrote and read what one or two of the sources I took the time to post and then maybe reply why I think that. Go on....
It's a joke, who cares. Sensitive idiots.
Original post by KingStannis
yes, but having your arse grabbed is fairly trivial (though not acceptable), and feminists use that stat to try to make rape into a political issue.

!?

It is an issue still! The point is that stat shouldn't be used to talk about rape, as it wasn't asking about just rape, but sexual assault. Sexual assault =/= rape, but it can still be traumatising for the victim.
Original post by AnnekaChan173
!?

It is an issue still! The point is that stat shouldn't be used to talk about rape, as it wasn't asking about just rape, but sexual assault. Sexual assault =/= rape, but it can still be traumatising for the victim.

erm, yeah, I guess it's an issue. But c'mon, you don't get traumatized because someone slaps your arse.

We use "sexual assault" to refer to a whole spectrum of things, some much worse than others, ie attempted rape. Grouping them all under one ominous phrase automatically makes people think of the worse ones. It's a linguistic slight of hand.
Original post by KingStannis
erm, yeah, I guess it's an issue. But c'mon, you don't get traumatized because someone slaps your arse.

We use "sexual assault" to refer to a whole spectrum of things, some much worse than others, ie attempted rape. Grouping them all under one ominous phrase automatically makes people think of the worse ones. It's a linguistic slight of hand.

Then again we aren't in the shoes of the victim, so we can't judge, idk. That's another problem, I agree. -nodnod-
Original post by tatt0barbie
Re-read what I wrote and read what one or two of the sources I took the time to post and then maybe reply why I think that. Go on....

I have read those sources before, but I'm struggling to understand how you get from that to a normalisation of rape and violence. I certainly don't consider rape normal, and neither does any guy I know.
Reply 128
Original post by jaw1990
Making it sound like ordinary law abiding citizens

Well aside from the rape part, I'm fairly certain most rapists are indeed law abiding citizens. In fact, most victims are likely to be raped by a family member/friend/friend of family member etc as opposed to a stranger. So I advice you not to make the assumption that rapists are some sort of alien splinter group far removed from the rest of society, when the can infact be anyone.
Original post by sacca
beacause of patriachy. rape culture is endemic in our society and university campuses, look at page 3 and david cameron refusing to identify as feminist. this is why 1/5 women are raped.

1/5 women get raped? Where was that source from? The daily feminist newspaper?
Original post by Truths
It was actually a question. And I'm sure you knew the answer.

You want an answer?

This is hands down the stupidest question/thread I have ever seen on a website, ever.
Reply 131
Original post by clh_hilary
So basically only men rape and only women get raped.

No. men rape women. That is all.
Original post by katbob
No. men rape women. That is all.

Are you being serious? If so, I suggest you stop making it harder for the thousands of men who are raped annually to speak out as they are generally told by morons 'only women get raped' and 'you must have enjoyed it' which are obviously untrue.
Original post by sacca
This is good, we should be teaching men not to rape and stop victim blaming. Institutionalized violence towards women must stop.

the violence towards women by men has to stop , mrapists(male rapists) should be executed! Sometimes I just hate men!

People laugh at domestic violence against men and in films it is portrayed as comedic. Violence is not only against women, do you think female rapists (and there are many) should be executed too?. Male rape victims are generally made to feel by society that they were actually 'lucky' which is disgraceful.
You say 'I just hate men', I'm fairly certain that you wouldn't say this about an ethnic group or religion. Try not to be so one-sided, it's an issue that effects both genders and men shouldn't always be made to think they're merely people who if they don't stop themselves from doing so, would rape someone at a moments notice.
Reply 134
Original post by VotreAltesse

This is hands down the stupidest question/thread I have ever seen on a website, ever.

ok. But at least give #8 a try if nothing else.
Reply 135
Original post by Chucklevisionary
Are you being serious? If so, I suggest you stop making it harder for the thousands of men who are raped annually to speak out as they are generally told by morons 'only women get raped' and 'you must have enjoyed it' which are obviously untrue.

Are you one of them?
Original post by katbob
Are you one of them?

A rapist or someone who has been raped? I am neither.
Reply 137
The majority of men aren't rapists. End of thread.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 138
Original post by Protégé
It's a joke, who cares. Sensitive idiots.

Well if a male celebrity wrote a list on 'how to avoid being called a slut' do you think feminists would just be saying 'what a great joke'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chucklevisionary
People laugh at domestic violence against men and in films it is portrayed as comedic. Violence is not only against women, do you think female rapists (and there are many) should be executed too?. Male rape victims are generally made to feel by society that they were actually 'lucky' which is disgraceful.
You say 'I just hate men', I'm fairly certain that you wouldn't say this about an ethnic group or religion. Try not to be so one-sided, it's an issue that effects both genders and men shouldn't always be made to think they're merely people who if they don't stop themselves from doing so, would rape someone at a moments notice.

was it Get him to the Creek where Jonah Hill has a dildo forceably inserted into him by a woman? Its a scene played for laughs but if the genders were reversed there would be uproar.

Sharon Osborne was another one, a man has his penis cut off by his wife and Sharon says he probably deserved it.

It is a societal problem where violence and sexual abuse against men whether it comes from men or women is considered to be a comeuppance, or he had it coming or that even worse he enjoyed it as he got some.

Latest

Trending

Trending