The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

I'm putting either vine court or crown place as my first choice because my course is 25 contact hours and I'm a vegan so can't go catered. Do you think this means I'll have more chance at getting the on campus self catered one? Do I have more chance if I put vine first?
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Hey everyone, I'll be a first year med student at Liverpool. I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice regarding accommodation? Preferably want en-suite room :tongue:.

I really want a good social life so I really like the idea of the student villages, but the on-campus accommodation looks pretty decent too! Is there much difference in the social life between the two types?

Is the on-campus less social compared to the off-campus?

Any help is appreciated! :biggrin:
Original post by TheStudent18
Hey everyone, I'll be a first year med student at Liverpool. I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice regarding accommodation? Preferably want en-suite room :tongue:.

I really want a good social life so I really like the idea of the student villages, but the on-campus accommodation looks pretty decent too! Is there much difference in the social life between the two types?

Is the on-campus less social compared to the off-campus?

Any help is appreciated! :biggrin:

Hey, current first year student here.
If you prefer en-suite, on-campus is probably your best bet, either vine or crown. I tell you what, the shower in crown is divine.

About social life, people say it's more social off-campus. I think it's pretty social anywhere you stay. I know there's always parties in crown or vine or mount Pleasant. Do bear in mind if you go off-campus, you'll need to get a taxi back home after the night out, which might cost you a bit esp. if you're in carnatic.
I'm trying not to be biased but I stay on-campus so you know what.
Do keep in mind feeding arrangements as well, some catered, some self-catered.
Hope you guys make a good choice.
Original post by Changing Skies
Hey :smile: I'm at Greenbank and the bus service is actually pretty good. There used to be issues at Greenbank as the people from Carnatic would fill them up, but at particularly busy times they've started sending buses straight to Greenbank. You're pretty much always guaranteed to get on :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a lot :smile: useful reply and good to know they've sorted that out!!
Original post by yemiprecious
Hey, current first year student here.
If you prefer en-suite, on-campus is probably your best bet, either vine or crown. I tell you what, the shower in crown is divine.

About social life, people say it's more social off-campus. I think it's pretty social anywhere you stay. I know there's always parties in crown or vine or mount Pleasant. Do bear in mind if you go off-campus, you'll need to get a taxi back home after the night out, which might cost you a bit esp. if you're in carnatic.
I'm trying not to be biased but I stay on-campus so you know what.
Do keep in mind feeding arrangements as well, some catered, some self-catered.
Hope you guys make a good choice.

Thanks for the reply :smile: .

This is going to sound like a silly question, but where do the majority of societies meet? Do they meet in student-villages etc for their meetings/nights out?
Original post by TheStudent18
Thanks for the reply :smile: .

This is going to sound like a silly question, but where do the majority of societies meet? Do they meet in student-villages etc for their meetings/nights out?

It's not a silly question 😀
I know some societies meet in the student guild (there are bars and restaurants in there). Some have their pre-drinks off campus, usually at a student's house depending on who's hosting it.

Long story short, if it's not in the guild,then it's pretty random

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Hello :smile: I'll be starting my first year of med in the University of Liverpool this coming September. And I have a couple of questions if anyone is willing to help me (I'm an EU applicant and the accommodation process is fairly unfamiliar to me so please bear with me.)

From what I've read so far on this thread, the on campus accommodation perfectly balances social life and good quality facilities (it being on campus is a plus too). Anyway, so I've been thinking of applying either to crown or vine. I'm too fussy when it comes to food so I'd rather be self catered, and I'd love to have an en suite too. I just can't decide if I want a studio or a bedroom. Would you recommend getting a bedroom or a studio? Are studios worth their money (because they a re bit too costly)? And do you recommend crown or vine in terms of quality? Lastly, realistically speaking, do you think a first year undergrad has a chance of getting a studio? Thanks :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1827
Hi, I'm currently trying to apply for my accommodation for next year but having problems filling out my information on Liverpool life. Was just wondering if anyone else was also having problems?
How do we get the accommodation form?
Original post by hopefulmed96
Hello :smile: I'll be starting my first year of med in the University of Liverpool this coming September. And I have a couple of questions if anyone is willing to help me (I'm an EU applicant and the accommodation process is fairly unfamiliar to me so please bear with me.)

From what I've read so far on this thread, the on campus accommodation perfectly balances social life and good quality facilities (it being on campus is a plus too). Anyway, so I've been thinking of applying either to crown or vine. I'm too fussy when it comes to food so I'd rather be self catered, and I'd love to have an en suite too. I just can't decide if I want a studio or a bedroom. Would you recommend getting a bedroom or a studio? Are studios worth their money (because they a re bit too costly)? And do you recommend crown or vine in terms of quality? Lastly, realistically speaking, do you think a first year undergrad has a chance of getting a studio? Thanks :smile:

Hi, allow me to answer your questions backwards. If you're a first year undergrad and you apply for a studio, you'll probably get it. I reckon it's not 100% guaranteed though, but if your application is early enough you might get it.
In terms of standard, Crown and Vine are probably the same, although crown is newer so the equipment are still a bit new. They both use key cards and auto-gates, so it's a matter of choice really.

With bedrooms/studios, I wouldn't really recommend a studio to be honest. They're not as social as bedrooms because you don't get a communal kitchen. They are worth the money though. You get a tv, kitchen, fridge-freezer, hoover and some other few things. Studios are also bigger so if you like a lot of leg room, you could go for a studio.
Are the only self catered ones vine, crown and philharmonic? What would people recommend out of these? I'm going to be studying medicine and am very sociable if that helps!
Original post by yemiprecious
Hi, allow me to answer your questions backwards. If you're a first year undergrad and you apply for a studio, you'll probably get it. I reckon it's not 100% guaranteed though, but if your application is early enough you might get it.
In terms of standard, Crown and Vine are probably the same, although crown is newer so the equipment are still a bit new. They both use key cards and auto-gates, so it's a matter of choice really.

With bedrooms/studios, I wouldn't really recommend a studio to be honest. They're not as social as bedrooms because you don't get a communal kitchen. They are worth the money though. You get a tv, kitchen, fridge-freezer, hoover and some other few things. Studios are also bigger so if you like a lot of leg room, you could go for a studio.

Thank you so much for answering :smile: I ended up choosing crown double, vine double and a studio at crown. Hoping I can get one of the first two though, being a bit more social is worth the limited space :tongue:
Original post by JMJ_1996
Are the only self catered ones vine, crown and philharmonic? What would people recommend out of these? I'm going to be studying medicine and am very sociable if that helps!

I'll be studying medicine too :smile: I chose crown double, vine double, and a crown studio though I'd much rather getting one of the first two. I don't know anything about Philharmonic but Crown's facilities are a bit more new compared to Vine's.
I'm thinking of putting down philharmonic. Does anyone have any info about this bc there isn't much on the website?! Also does anyone know the chances of getting on campus/self catered accommodation?
I'm currently a student at UoL (1st year). I recommend Crown Place. It's the best and plus it's close by to everything.
Reply 1835
I need help as I'm currently panicking :frown:

I applied for accomodation 2 months ago and it says that my application has been submitted

Due to financial reasons I've changed my mind - I no longer wish to stay in a studio and would like to change my 3 choices to single rooms instead

Is this possible? I've never really been sure about how the whole process works
Original post by kateroberts1994
Hey again! Just a tip, I looked at Crown Place too but a few things put me off.. They studios aren't amazing and they don't provide you with a TV in your room or TV License and that's like £150 extra to pay :/ awks.

Philharmonic were okay when we went to have a look around on the Open Day but we went to Vita Student in the same day and saw the difference. So nice and newwww :smile: I am looking forward to having my studio cleaned once a week - lazy LOL

You do get a TV in studio rooms in crown place and most people use the TV without paying for TV license. The studio is small but not really small, i think its a good size.

How much do Vita charge per week? Also did you take any pics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aksaa
I need help as I'm currently panicking :frown:

I applied for accomodation 2 months ago and it says that my application has been submitted

Due to financial reasons I've changed my mind - I no longer wish to stay in a studio and would like to change my 3 choices to single rooms instead

Is this possible? I've never really been sure about how the whole process works

Hi,

The best thing to do here would be to give our friendly accommodation team a call on 0151 795 0319, they'll be able to help you :smile:.

Amy
Original post by kateroberts1994
Hey :smile: didn't take any pics, sorry! I'm sure there's loads on their website if you have a look. We did before we went and it looks even better in real life haha! Not too sure on price, we paid something like £140/£150. Defz have a look around, may aswell haha :smile:

Just had a look and they look great. What V rating did you get? I'm wondering if the 2V rooms are good? Also how long would it take to walk to campus?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long does it take for applications to be processed? I applied around December but I'm still waiting to recieve offers... Should I be concerned?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending