The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abdul-Karim
Will do a full in-depth Q&A on Canary Wharfian, once one of their developers gets back to us with a full bank of questions. Will link it here, probably within the next 2-3 days. Just completed one of my SWs at a BB and got a summer fast track interview conversion so I'll give my insight and advice.

How many people got fast tracked? I heard many got rejected from their first choices...
Original post by TheBankinator
How many people got fast tracked? I heard many got rejected from their first choices...

I don't have numbers, I only know of 2 others atm who got FT. Each division has different campus recruitment HR so interviews are seperate, I'm interviewing for IBD.
I don't have numbers, I only know of 2 others atm who got FT. Each division has different campus recruitment HR so interviews are seperate, I'm interviewing for IBD.

FT? Is that front office? And was ibd your first choice?
FT? Is that front office? And was ibd your first choice?

Fast track interviews & yes IBD was my first.
Fast track interviews & yes IBD was my first.

Last question: did you get the interview on Friday or this weekend?
Last question: did you get the interview on Friday or this weekend?

2 hours after the programme closed so the Friday.
How hard is it to get a summer internship without having done a spring week?
Original post by neji123

given there's more summer spots than springs, I guess not as difficult. Granted alot of summer spots may get taken SW fast trackers.
given there's more summer spots than springs, I guess not as difficult. Granted alot of summer spots may get taken SW fast trackers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What inspired you to do Investment banking?
Original post by neji123

With no spring week or no prior experience at all?
If the latter you'll need to apply very very early (think of not later than a week after the applications open) so you have a spot of waving in the first found of interviews and assessment centres (where everything is considerably easier)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would disagree. More summer places offer internships but the process for a summer is far more gruelling and you usually need more on your CV than you would for a SW. Also some SW classes are huge, whereas summers aren't.
Original post by neji123

Harder but definitely possible. So many people have done this.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR MobileWhat inspired you to do Investment banking?

interest, a lot to learn, work with smart people, financial incentive, I like the business exposure & hope to develop my entrepreneurial mindset.
Reply 8094
Original post by Aenigma
With no spring week or no prior experience at all?
If the latter you'll need to apply very very early (think of not later than a week after the applications open) so you have a spot of waving in the first found of interviews and assessment centres (where everything is considerably easier)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are fast track offers conditional on any first year grades?
Original post by CD315
Are fast track offers conditional on any first year grades?

Not really
They're just like normal SA offers, but earlier
Some firms may say 'on track far a 2.i' but there's no way of verifying that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Never had a SW and completed and secured multiple internships, it's not the end of the road. It is actually harder to go into summer interviews and be asked "why didn't you convert x spring week" as opposed to "why did you not secure a spring week in your first year"
Anyone who participated in the 2014 RBS First Year Spring Insight Programme around here?

Sent from my iPhone
Original post by Econight
Never had a SW and completed and secured multiple internships, it's not the end of the road. It is actually harder to go into summer interviews and be asked "why didn't you convert x spring week" as opposed to "why did you not secure a spring week in your first year"

Thanks for the confidence boost :smile:

What would a good answer be to "why did you not secure a spring week in your first year"?
Original post by Bloxorus
Thanks for the confidence boost :smile:

What would a good answer be to "why did you not secure a spring week in your first year"?

Wasn't notified of the opportunities available? Only started looking into IB during the summer of 2015?

Latest

Trending

Trending