The Student Room Group

AQA A Geography (Human) Unit 2 Exam - 3rd June

No one has made this thread yet, so I thought why not?!

Anyone else doing this exam? Which topics are you doing? Which one are you most worried for?

I'm doing Population, Changing Urban Environments and Tourism.

Definitely most worried about Tourism... there is just so much to learn!

What does everyone predict will come up this year? I am going to make another thread, but for the Physical one as well:smile:
Reply 1
I'm doing the same three topics. Tourism will be the worst for me because we went through it so fast. Then again, we haven't started Urban yet so that won't be good either.
Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
Population, Urban Environments, The Development Gap :colondollar:
I'm Doing population, urbanisation and tourism.

We we covered Tourism in like 5 lessons if that
Population
Tourism
Development Gap

Worried for all three because our teacher changed and he is so bad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I'm doing changing urban environments, the development gap and tourism.

We still have to finish changing urban environments, but I'm not worried about that, it seems ok. I'm more worried about the development gap as we did some small case studies (not for questions for 8 marks, but for 6 or even less) which confuse me a lot! In comparison I find tourism very easy because I think all of the case studies we did are interesting and easy to remember as there are not many numbers and we have to remember ecotourism for the Living World as well (tropical rainforest). The only bit I don't like is the Butler's model and remembering all of the stages there...
Changing urban env, development gap and population - mostly winging it for physical, but I cannot do that for Human it seems..
Reply 8
I'm doing Population, changing urban environments and Tourism - I'm worried about changing urban environments, it seems like it never finishes. But I'm currently revising for the Physical units as that exam is first

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing Changing Urban environments,Tourism and globalization
Original post by Acirar
I'm doing Population, changing urban environments and Tourism - I'm worried about changing urban environments, it seems like it never finishes. But I'm currently revising for the Physical units as that exam is first

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, I haven't started my revision for human. Since it is after the half term, I will do it then. For now, I'm just doing physical. If any of you need the June 2014 papers for practice (either human or physical & the markschemes) pm me with your email so I can send them to you, cause I'm pretty sure mocks are over, and may is too late to wait for more past papers to practice with!
Urban Environments is sooooo easy guys! Only 2 real case studies!
Reply 12
Original post by --jc
I'm doing the same three topics. Tourism will be the worst for me because we went through it so fast. Then again, we haven't started Urban yet so that won't be good either.

You haven't started Urban?
Oh well good luck:smile:

Now I don't feel as behind, it is just that there is so much to learn for every single topic, which is so annoying;/
Reply 13
Original post by bigboyrory
Urban Environments is sooooo easy guys! Only 2 real case studies!

2 Case Studies?
There is:

- Revitalising the CBD
- Redeveloping Inner Cities x2
- Cultural Mix in Urban Areas
- Squatter Settlements
- Sustainable Cities
- Managing Traffic
- Problems in Developing Cities

Haha that seems like more than 2 to me!:biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by CeltyV
I'm doing changing urban environments, the development gap and tourism.

We still have to finish changing urban environments, but I'm not worried about that, it seems ok. I'm more worried about the development gap as we did some small case studies (not for questions for 8 marks, but for 6 or even less) which confuse me a lot! In comparison I find tourism very easy because I think all of the case studies we did are interesting and easy to remember as there are not many numbers and we have to remember ecotourism for the Living World as well (tropical rainforest). The only bit I don't like is the Butler's model and remembering all of the stages there...

Awh! I am the opposite tourism we studied in the transition of teachers...so I don't understand any of that!

What do you think will come up for the 6 and 8 markers this year?:confused:
Reply 15
Original post by fabsafxo
Awh! I am the opposite tourism we studied in the transition of teachers...so I don't understand any of that!

What do you think will come up for the 6 and 8 markers this year?:confused:

That's too bad, but case studies aren't difficult, so just try to learn them as if you were a tourist and wanted to visit the places? Maybe it will help :confused: Do you have a revision guide?

And I have no idea what might come because I don't really remember doing exam questions for tourism, it was a long time ago :biggrin: but I'm going to learn all of the case studies anyway, so I won't feel surprised. And I don't plan to revise anything form the human paper before the holidays in between our exams - it's better to focus on the physical paper first.
Reply 16
Original post by CeltyV
That's too bad, but case studies aren't difficult, so just try to learn them as if you were a tourist and wanted to visit the places? Maybe it will help :confused: Do you have a revision guide?

And I have no idea what might come because I don't really remember doing exam questions for tourism, it was a long time ago :biggrin: but I'm going to learn all of the case studies anyway, so I won't feel surprised. And I don't plan to revise anything form the human paper before the holidays in between our exams - it's better to focus on the physical paper first.

Yeah that's true.. Coastal Zone sucks!

Aawh yeah thanks..yup I have the CGP Revision guide, which is actually really good:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending