The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Stepidermis
Does anyone have some sort of graph for past grade boundaries?

Ah ive not seen a graph, but have you tried using AQA's useful UMS online converter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 121
Does anyone have access to a topic by topic set of questions for this exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone else noticed how ridiculously low the boundaries are for this exam? You need on average only 67 for 100 UMS, and on average 60 for an A*...
Has anyone else noticed how ridiculously low the boundaries are for this exam? You need on average only 67 for 100 UMS, and on average 60 for an A*...

Yeah, you're right.. Need on average 60/75 to get an A*.. Does sort of suggest that students easily slip up on C4
Reply 124

Original post by lionelmessi19
Yeah, you're right.. Need on average 60/75 to get an A*.. Does sort of suggest that students easily slip up on C4

Yeah, as lionelmessi19 implies, it does make me feel uneasy at how hard they're making the papers!
Original post by CD223
Yeah, as lionelmessi19 implies, it does make me feel uneasy at how hard they're making the papers!

You can just see the level of difficulty increases as you work your way up towards the more recent papers.. My marks averaged 65ish in the older papers, and have now fallen to 55ish in the more recent ones.
I think i'd prefer an easier paper and higher boundaries.. At least it would be a test that everyone can do. It would test you upon making the fewest silly mistakes in the allocated time
Reply 126
You can just see the level of difficulty increases as you work your way up towards the more recent papers.. My marks averaged 65ish in the older papers, and have now fallen to 55ish in the more recent ones.
I think i'd prefer an easier paper and higher boundaries.. At least it would be a test that everyone can do. It would test you upon making the fewest silly mistakes in the allocated time

That's true. It's very difficult to see how this set of exams will go. If it's anything like last year it will be a very tough paper. 59 for an A*!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
That's true. It's very difficult to see how this set of exams will go. If it's anything like last year it will be a very tough paper. 59 for an A*!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I know.. That's mad! I've got that June 14 C4 paper for my mock after easter :eek:
Reply 128
Yeah, I know.. That's mad! I've got that June 14 C4 paper for my mock after easter :eek:

Oh me too! Mines on Wednesday 22nd :/ when's yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Oh me too! Mines on Wednesday 22nd :/ when's yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mines about that time.. Haven't been given a date yet
Good luck with that though! :smile:
Lets hope its not as bad as this..

Spoiler

Reply 130
Mines about that time.. Haven't been given a date yet
Good luck with that though! :smile:
Lets hope its not as bad as this..

Spoiler

If it was 59 for an A* it can't be far off! I'll look out for the Jack Sparrows in my class hahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
If it was 59 for an A* it can't be far off! I'll look out for the Jack Sparrows in my class hahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahahaha :tongue: :wink:
Reply 132
Hahahaha :tongue: :wink:

Haha - joking aside which topics do you find hardest in C3 and C4?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Haha - joking aside which topics do you find hardest in C3 and C4?

Posted from TSR Mobile

C3: I hate transformations, and don't really like using the chain rule to differentiate and integrate. I don't like drawing graphs either.. Everything else is alright :wink:

C4: I don't like vectors and I hate differential equations

How about you?
Reply 134
C3: I hate transformations, and don't really like using the chain rule to differentiate and integrate. I don't like drawing graphs either.. Everything else is alright :wink:

C4: I don't like vectors and I hate differential equations

How about you?

Oh right!

For me,

C3: Proving trig identities and sketching transformed graphs

C4: Vectors

Knowing my luck there'll be tough questions on all those topics this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Oh right!

For me,

C3: Proving trig identities and sketching transformed graphs

C4: Vectors

Knowing my luck there'll be tough questions on all those topics this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't mind proving trig identities,, but i'm with you on the others
Reply 136
I don't mind proving trig identities,, but i'm with you on the others

Ah sometimes trig is nice, but they can make it impossible on other occasions!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Ah sometimes trig is nice, but they can make it impossible on other occasions!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's true!
Reply 138
Yeah that's true!

Do you tend to use any resources on YouTube? Not sure if I should hunt for some. Videos do help me on most cases.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Do you tend to use any resources on YouTube? Not sure if I should hunt for some. Videos do help me on most cases.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I don't use videos for maths.. but videos help me too.
For maths, I only do practise papers and any difficult questions that we are given in class..
If I don't understand something, i'll look it up in my notes or revision guide

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending