The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA5 - Thursday 18th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by CD223
The next two weeks for me is still finishing the syllabus!

Posted from TSR Mobile

We finished FP4 this week, but it didn't really feel like doing much because everything in FP4 is matrices so it's just more of the same! Chemistry is a fair few weeks off finishing but everything else is done and ready to be revised :smile:
Reply 421
Original post by Lau14
We finished FP4 this week, but it didn't really feel like doing much because everything in FP4 is matrices so it's just more of the same! Chemistry is a fair few weeks off finishing but everything else is done and ready to be revised :smile:

All coming together! Scary stuff though 😖

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 422
Original post by CD223
All coming together! Scary stuff though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just got to get myself through the rest of FP2 really!
Reply 423
Sorry if this has already been asked, but does anybody have the unit 5 papers from last year?
Reply 424
Original post by einot
Sorry if this has already been asked, but does anybody have the unit 5 papers from last year?

I will hopefully have them after my unit 5 mock, but no one has yet volunteered to upload them :frown:

I think most colleges want to keep them under wraps unfortunately.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 425
Original post by Lau14
Just got to get myself through the rest of FP2 really!

I feel somewhat more behind 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 426
Original post by CD223
I will hopefully have them after my unit 5 mock, but no one has yet volunteered to upload them :frown:

I think most colleges want to keep them under wraps unfortunately.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see. Annoying that AQA haven't put up last years papers yet when other exam boards have :rolleyes:
Reply 427
Original post by einot
I see. Annoying that AQA haven't put up last years papers yet when other exam boards have :rolleyes:

Have other exam boards? I can't see my Edexcel subject (History), but I can with WJEC (Computing).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 428
Original post by CD223
Have other exam boards? I can't see my Edexcel subject (History), but I can with WJEC (Computing).

Posted from TSR Mobile

My Edexcel subjects (History, Maths and Further Maths) are all up?
Reply 429
Original post by einot
My Edexcel subjects (History, Maths and Further Maths) are all up?

Oh my mistake! Maybe I haven't looked at history enough 😂 what history do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 430
Original post by CD223
Oh my mistake! Maybe I haven't looked at history enough ������ what history do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do option C: United States challenged and transformed and the coursework of course :rolleyes:
What about you?
Reply 431
Original post by einot
I do option C: United States challenged and transformed and the coursework of course :rolleyes:
What about you?

Ah! I do option D; the Challenge of Fascism (Germany Kaiser to Fuhrer) and the coursework.

How are you finding physics? What option do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 432
Original post by CD223
Ah! I do option D; the Challenge of Fascism (Germany Kaiser to Fuhrer) and the coursework.

How are you finding physics? What option do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah fair enough, I always found Germany units interesting (at GCSE anyway).

I'm doing the astrophysics unit, which has probably been my favourite part this year to be honest. Didn't like some of the fields stuff in unit four really, the mechanics stuff I did in maths so didn't find too bad but the magnetism stuff was just :confused:. Wishing we still did the particle physics from unit one!
Reply 433
Original post by einot
Ah fair enough, I always found Germany units interesting (at GCSE anyway).

I'm doing the astrophysics unit, which has probably been my favourite part this year to be honest. Didn't like some of the fields stuff in unit four really, the mechanics stuff I did in maths so didn't find too bad but the magnetism stuff was just :confused:. Wishing we still did the particle physics from unit one!

Yeah I did Germany at GCSE which was cool. There's a lot of overlap between GCSE and A2 so learning the content this year has been a lot easier.

I feel the same really! There's a lot of content in astro which is rather annoying, but it's one of the more interesting units I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys!

For those who are doing the Turning Points Option could someone please explain why in special relativity EK = (m mo) c2 ?
Reply 435
Does anyone have any of their own revision notes for this unit they would be happy to contribute to the thread?

I'm in the process of finalising mine before I upload them onto here and the PHYA4 thread! Just trying to gather as many resources as I can for the benefit of everyone here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 436
Original post by CD223
Yeah I did Germany at GCSE which was cool. There's a lot of overlap between GCSE and A2 so learning the content this year has been a lot easier.

I feel the same really! There's a lot of content in astro which is rather annoying, but it's one of the more interesting units I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's always a plus! Yeah there is a lot of content but nothing, in my opinion anyway, that seems too bad or overly complicated.
Reply 437
Original post by einot
That's always a plus! Yeah there is a lot of content but nothing, in my opinion anyway, that seems too bad or overly complicated.

Oh right! Yeah, I see what you mean. If only that was the same for the fields topics in unit 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 438
Original post by CD223
Oh right! Yeah, I see what you mean. If only that was the same for the fields topics in unit 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly!!
Reply 439
Original post by einot
Exactly!!

Haha! Hoping it gets easier with revision!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending