The Student Room Group

Please Draw Muhammad ;)

[video="youtube;TMjIDD-p3GU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMjIDD-p3GU[/video]This should be how to cope with bigots as opposed to reacting with unnecessary violence, which leads to the spewing of more hatred and for despicable people such as Pam Geller to gain more publicity
PLEASE WATCH VIDEO BEFORE COMMENTING... PEOPLE ON TSR ARE TOO QUICK TO JUMP TO FALSE ASSUMPTIONS!!!
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by TheTruthTeller
[video="youtube;TMjIDD-p3GU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMjIDD-p3GU[/video]This should be how to cope with bigots as opposed to reacting with unnecessary violence, which leads to the spewing of more hatred and for despicable people such as Pam Geller to gain more publicity.

Would you not agree that the greater issue is that some kill (or try to) because of pictures?
Reply 2
WTF?
Original post by pjm600
Would you not agree that the greater issue is that some kill (or try to) because of pictures?

Precisely. People are ignoring the real issue here -- drawing a cartoon could actually get you killed. Why is this not the controversy? Why would I be the problem for drawing a freakin' cartoon and not the religious lunatics that would murder me for it? It's insane.

People should have the right to draw whomever they choose without having to worry about 'offended' terrorists trying to kill them and moronic apologists who would think I of all people am the one with the problem in this effed up scenario.

That's why these 'draw Mohammed' protests exist. Ask yourselves why 'draw Jesus' protests don't happen. It might be because drawing Jesus isn't going to result in death threats and people trying to censor it because it may offend a group of people that cares way too much about cartoons.
(edited 8 years ago)
Drawing cartoon of muhammad = bigotry, racism, religious hatred, islamophobia
Killing those who draw muhammad cartoon = I condemn the violence BUT .... , when you insult my mother, what do you expect, why would you draw when you know what can happen, they were baiting for violence...

Strange world we live in.
This shuld be how to cope with bigots as opposed to reacting with unnecessary violence, which leads to the spewing of more hatred and for despicable people such as Pam Geller to gain more publicity.

Why don't you grow some balls and draw your prophet, and then show the world that islam is a religion of peace because no one would ever carry out violent actions over some cartoons?
Reply 6
No drawing can EVER compare on how beautiful our prophet Muhammed (SAW) was! Whoever came up with lame idea to disrespect Islam! GO TO HELL!
Original post by Scenekid
No drawing can EVER compare on how beautiful our prophet Muhammed (SAW) was! Whoever came up with lame idea to disrespect Islam! GO TO HELL!

How can you claim Muhammed was very handsome when you never saw him and there are no convincing/neutral contemporary accounts of him being the epitome of masculine beauty?
(edited 8 years ago)

Surely those who feel the need to respond to drawing cartoons with extreme violence are the ones who are disrespecting Islam? It is a religion of peace, right?
Absolutely agree with Dandaman. The issue is trying to be shifted away from the awful attitude against those who are simply expressing one of their rights. I yearn for the day where religious people will look back and realise how unreasonable and ridiculous they were for killing or wanting to kill people over a picture.
Reply 10
Original post by EdmundWoodstock
How can you claim Muhammed was very handsome when you never saw him and there are no contemporary accounts of him being the epitome of masculine beauty?

There is a recording (hadith) that describes him.
How can you claim Muhammed was very handsome when you never saw him and there are no contemporary accounts of him being the epitome of masculine beauty?

Off course he was beautiful! you don't need to see one to know they are beautiful! and people trying to draw him here like wtaf? Is this some sick kinda joke! these people need to get a ****ing life! :angry:
Yamnnnnnn
[video="youtube;TMjIDD-p3GU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMjIDD-p3GU[/video]This should be how to cope with bigots as opposed to reacting with unnecessary violence, which leads to the spewing of more hatred and for despicable people such as Pam Geller to gain more publicity.

That video is deliberately dishonest and misleading because it's asking people to draw one of their friends by the name of Muhammed, not the Prophet Muhammed...
Reply 14
wat
Original post by Tonight
There is a recording (hadith) that describes him.

I know there are descriptions of him, but do they say he was ridiculously handsome?
Off course he was beautiful! you don't need to see one to know they are beautiful! and people trying to draw him here like wtaf? Is this some sick kinda joke! these people need to get a ****ing life! :angry:

How do you know that? You either need contemporary evidence or eye witness accounts attesting to it. Otherwise it just seems that you're giving your Prophet all the positive charactersitics and seems rather superficial. Would it really make a difference to Islam and to you if he had been ugly or simply average-looking?
Original post by Quantex
Surely those who feel the need to respond to drawing cartoons with extreme violence are the ones who are disrespecting Islam? It is a religion of peace, right?

yeah but this is an extreme offence to islam and yes i agree violence isnt the way to set things right but surely the people who are drawing Prophet Muhammed (SAW) know what they are putting themselves into they are doing it to disrespect islam and the beauty of the prophet, why would they do that? why to islam? why not any other religion hah?
Reply 18
I know there are descriptions of him, but do they say he was ridiculously handsome?

Based on the way they described him, yes.

Although I'm not sure if Prophet Joseph or Muhammed (pbuh) would be better looking than the other.

Or on the same par.
How do you know that? You either need contemporary evidence or eye witness accounts attesting to it. Otherwise it just seems that you're giving your Prophet all the positive charactersitics and seems rather superficial. Would it really make a difference to Islam and to you if he had been ugly or simply average-looking?

why does it matter hah? the point here is people are drawing something which is forbidden in islam and then there's people like you trying to define how beautiful the prophet is! go get a life :mad:

Latest

Trending

Trending