The Student Room Group

Is Nuffield really that good?

Ok so I've been accepted for the Nuffield project this summer and I'd love to do it only I'm really busy. If I do Nuffield I won't be able to sleep and eat my bodyweight in nutella in the holidays as I'd planned :cry::cry::cry: instead i'll be

doing gold dofe

going away for a week with the family

doing four weeks of Nuffield

doing a week's work experience at a GP surgery

volunteering and working on sundays

possibly doing epq about nuffield research

i want to do medicine and i know you really need good experience but is nuffield worthwhile? or should i sack it and choose the nutella? i would love to do nuffield though, plus you get paid...
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by hungryhannah
Ok so I've been accepted for the Nuffield project this summer and I'd love to do it only I'm really busy. If I do Nuffield I won't be able to sleep and eat my bodyweight in nutella in the holidays as I'd planned :cry::cry::cry: instead i'll be

doing gold dofe

going away for a week with the family

doing four weeks of Nuffield

doing a week's work experience at a GP surgery

volunteering and working on sundays

possibly doing epq about nuffield research

i want to do medicine and i know you really need good experience but is nuffield worthwhile? or should i sack it and choose the nutella? i would love to do nuffield though, plus you get paid...

Hey :wavey:

Firstly, well done for getting in - places were really hard to get this year! Which region are you in? I've managed to get a placement, too - I'm in Greater London and Surrey, but I have to find it myself (eeek).

Personally, I think Nuffield is great - especially if you're considering Medicine! Think of all the lab experience... plus I'm sure your project is relevant. You can write about it on your Personal Statement, too.

Have you told your co-ordinator about DofE? You may be able to change the dates of your project slightly? I don't know if you can, but it's worth a try - I know of people who took a week off in the middle for festivals, etc :colondollar:

I've just realised your post is probably sarcastic, so I now look very silly...

Looks like a great summer you have planned :redface:
There is always time for Nutella :sexface:
Original post by Neuth
Hey :wavey:

Firstly, well done for getting in - places were really hard to get this year! Which region are you in? I've managed to get a placement, too - I'm in Greater London and Surrey, but I have to find it myself (eeek).

Personally, I think Nuffield is great - especially if you're considering Medicine! Think of all the lab experience... plus I'm sure your project is relevant. You can write about it on your Personal Statement, too.

Have you told your co-ordinator about DofE? You may be able to change the dates of your project slightly? I don't know if you can, but it's worth a try - I know of people who took a week off in the middle for festivals, etc :colondollar:

I've just realised your post is probably sarcastic, so I now look very silly...

Looks like a great summer you have planned :redface:
There is always time for Nutella :sexface:

Thanks, my post wasn't sarcastic, I'm still not sure whether I should do Nuffield but think I probably will as it's too good to turn down and was just trying to inject a little humour :wink: thanks for the advice :smile:
I think my placement might be on neuroeconomics, seeing how money changes your behaviour--it makes you vote Tory and be less of a nice person generally... good luck in finding your placement!
and thanks, Jessica I'm new here and I've no idea where I should be posting these things so thanks :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest