The Student Room Group

Nuffield Research Placement 2023

Hey,

Just got shortlisted for the Nuffield Research placement for this summer, I applied for the genetics/biomedical science strands. Does anyone have any idea which employers/unis are going to host the placements?
Hi, just wondering did you meet all the eligibility criteria?
Original post by Donut357
Hi, just wondering did you meet all the eligibility criteria?

I met all the required criteria and only one from the list you had to meet such as whether youre first generation, free school meals etc
Hi everyone, I was shortlisted over a month ago and I still haven't heard anything from them. Has anyone gotten accepted or heard anything from Nuffield?
Reply 4
Original post by khadijac2004
Hi everyone, I was shortlisted over a month ago and I still haven't heard anything from them. Has anyone gotten accepted or heard anything from Nuffield?

Hi I heard back from them a few weeks ago, I was offered a placement in Anaesthesia and Perioperative Medicine at Queens Mary University. Have you not heard anything back? I would recommend emailing the regional placement coordinator to find out what's going on. xx
Thanks for replying, I've emailed them now asking when I'll find out if I've been accepted or not. I have a gut feeling that I haven't been accepted and they just forgot to tell me. :frown:

Original post by ourfavv
Hi I heard back from them a few weeks ago, I was offered a placement in Anaesthesia and Perioperative Medicine at Queens Mary University. Have you not heard anything back? I would recommend emailing the regional placement coordinator to find out what's going on. xx
Reply 6
Thanks for replying, I've emailed them now asking when I'll find out if I've been accepted or not. I have a gut feeling that I haven't been accepted and they just forgot to tell me. :frown:

I heard from them like a month ago saying i’ve been short listed for a placement and they sent me the befutureready modules to complete. The deadline to finish it is tomorrow. I finished the modules a good few weeks ago and i still haven’t heard anything. I was going to leave it until 1st of june then email. Maybe they’re struggling to find placements for people?
i applied for the physics placement in the hertfordshire region if that helps
Reply 7

if it helps i got an email today after i emailed them asking about my placement and it said that they can’t offer me a place yet but they’re putting me on the waiting list because they don’t have enough places for the amount of people that applied to my subject and that apparently it has nothing to do with my application or academic ability they just don’t have enough spaces? idk if that was just said to make me feel better tho 😂
Original post by lcianfini
if it helps i got an email today after i emailed them asking about my placement and it said that they can’t offer me a place yet but they’re putting me on the waiting list because they don’t have enough places for the amount of people that applied to my subject and that apparently it has nothing to do with my application or academic ability they just don’t have enough spaces? idk if that was just said to make me feel better tho 😂

Hi, I did manage to get a placement! I was wondering what we're supposed to wear to the induction event?
Reply 9
Your only having yours now? I had mine a few weeks ago and I’d say it’s not really important as there was no dress code or anything. There was quite a lot of people so nobody was paying attention to what anyone else was wearing. I would say just something smart casual or anything that’s not too revealing. Maybe just wear what you’d normally wear to sixth form or college?

Hi, I did manage to get a placement! I was wondering what we're supposed to wear to the induction event?
Original post by ourfavv
Your only having yours now? I had mine a few weeks ago and I’d say it’s not really important as there was no dress code or anything. There was quite a lot of people so nobody was paying attention to what anyone else was wearing. I would say just something smart casual or anything that’s not too revealing. Maybe just wear what you’d normally wear to sixth form or college?

Yeah, mine is this Thursday. It must be different for England and Wales. Thank you for letting me know. :smile:
Reply 11
Hi, when you got your placement did the email say what your placement was on because mine didn't? And has anyone else got an online placement?
Original post by A.k2906
Hi, when you got your placement did the email say what your placement was on because mine didn't? And has anyone else got an online placement?

Hi, mine did. You can check on the Nuffield portal what your placement is about if it doesn't show up on the email.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 13
Has anyone elses induction date been postponed?
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending