The Student Room Group

IGcse cambridge 42 maths

How did you find paper 42 maths?
Original post by RiccardoRocco

Heya, I'm going to put this in the Maths forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=38
Original post by RiccardoRocco

It was the worst paper in the History of paper 4 from the CIE syllabus if you ask me. The paper 22 was OK with only a few tricky questions but the paper 4 was hideous. The exam board seemed to have picked the trickiest questions from each topic. I am a teacher by the way; my students were really upset after the exam. I will be writing to the exam board to complain because this paper was completely unfair. Can I ask where you're from Riccardo? My school is in Rome. How did the rest of your class feel about it? If they are all of the opinion that it was horrible it would be a good idea to encourage your teacher to write to CIE to complain. I expect the grade boundaries to be low but if we don't complain they'll never learn!
Definitely a tough one, personally I thought it was doable but all my friends said it was a nightmare...I know I made a silly mistake on the 22 paper so I'm hoping if I do better I can make up for that - grade boundaries should be lower anyway though. Alan's fuel consumption stood out as tough and I must have spent half an hour trying to draw that graph!
Hope the boundaries are low! Me and my peers found it challenging
I got 77% overall. Hope its 80% for A* (i took it in spain) . Look on twitter at #IGCSEMATHS
Reply 5
The paper wasn't so bad. Me and my friends did pretty well. Few tricky questions but good overall. Students were also psyched on getting 130/130. Found it much simpler than Paper 22.
Original post by amarok1981
It was the worst paper in the History of paper 4 from the CIE syllabus if you ask me. The paper 22 was OK with only a few tricky questions but the paper 4 was hideous. The exam board seemed to have picked the trickiest questions from each topic. I am a teacher by the way; my students were really upset after the exam. I will be writing to the exam board to complain because this paper was completely unfair. Can I ask where you're from Riccardo? My school is in Rome. How did the rest of your class feel about it? If they are all of the opinion that it was horrible it would be a good idea to encourage your teacher to write to CIE to complain. I expect the grade boundaries to be low but if we don't complain they'll never learn!

LMFAO are you kidding me? This paper was the EASIEST paper 4 in the history of iGCSE. We didnt have Sequences, Venn diagrams, the messy complicated last questions. The paper was so direct and to the point, it was really good lmao

EDIT: NVM, I thought you were talking about today's paper!
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey what did you guys get for the Mr.Chan question?
did you get $146.90?
Reply 9
Original post by chemistry igcse
did you get $146.90?

Yes
Original post by amarok1981

Wow, I'm surprised as I found it quite easy. There weren't any questions on vectors, venn diagrams, circle theorems (except for one easy one, that a chord makes an isosceles triangle with the centre), hardly any factorising or tricky percentages. Just out of interest what are you saying we're the hard bits?
Reply 11
See guys, here the thing. I have gone to this tutor for maths for about a year. And all that she has said has been completely true. She said that all the material that came in Paper 22 will not come in Paper 42 and vice versa. That's happened a lot of times.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending