The Student Room Group

How did your exam go?? The epic 2015 GCSE exam discussion thread!

Scroll to see replies

Hey everyone! I did the WJEC RS Spec B Unit 1 exam today-I think it went okay-thankfully I remembered what a vocation was! :h: Next up is WJEC Chemistry 2! Anyone else?
Original post by PrincessAisha
i DID IT TODAY AND IT WAS HARD

ohhhh .... which essay did you do ?
Original post by electric33
I think there might be one on B1 about genetic testing and the complications as that always comes up or stem cells as that would fit a 6 marker :smile:

B2 i think could be about homeostasis as that hasn't come up in the exam in ages or it could be about infection or the drugs.

I think B3 could possibly be about evolution (or Darwin or Lamar) or differences between natural selection and selective breeding.

What do you think?

genetic testing and its implications, stem cells, negative feedback, or drug trials, cloning, WBC, natural selection, or evolution, basically pretty much everything :lol:
Reply 163
Original post by laurenpez6
In RS philosophy and ethics exam anybody know how many marks I will lose for not paragraphing in the part E question. Somebody please put my mind at rest, it would be very much appreciated:smile:

The absolute maximum you can lose is 3 so don't worry !!
Original post by amz16
Is this tomorrow because my friend is doing WJEC French tomorrow? I'm doing WJEC German. :smile:

Yep, it is! Good luck!
Original post by Chandan1998
ARGH ive got b2 and b3 tomorrow! with french listening and reading :frown:

Same! :frown:
Original post by Clarke2642
I did the citizenship. I found the test alright considering nothing I revised came up. LOL. I just struggle with some of the questions but thought the 12 marker was alright.

Which essay did you do ?
I didn't really like the essays but i thought section A was okay .... I guess well find out on august 20th ......
Original post by CrystalMath101
Yeah!! I kinda bluffed through it though saying stuff like you will feel close to god nd stuff but I don't think I'm gonna get any marks tho haha :colondollar:

What exam do you have next? I hae biology AQA unit 2 and 3 tomorrow :redface:

haha don't worry i probably got none either! And goodluck for tomorrow!! I'm only in year 10, did my re gcse early this year to get it out of the way, just got my unit 2 religion and human experience on june 2nd and the rest of my gcses next year :smile:
I have my first exam next Monday (English Lit) and I haven't got study leave urrrggghhh
I had OCR ethics this morning and 15 minutes in the fire alarm goes off... :frown:apparently someone burnt some toast in a boarding house
I had a sociology exam today and it wasn't really too difficult
Original post by ouatislifex
I have my first exam next Monday (English Lit) and I haven't got study leave urrrggghhh

Same! What book are you studying?
Original post by chocolatesauce
genetic testing and its implications, stem cells, negative feedback, or drug trials, cloning, WBC, natural selection, or evolution, basically pretty much everything :lol:

I hope it's genetic testing because that's really easy to score 6 marks on :biggrin: i forgot to mention the nitrogen and carbon cycles for B3! They could come up as well :smile:
Original post by harry998
Same! What book are you studying?

To kill a mockingbird, hated it. All of us read of mice and men in year 10 but our teacher made us read to kill a mocking bird from September-December...waste of time.
Original post by Nirgilis
So, how did everyone find the RS exams today? :holmes:

I forgot to fill in the tiny box which said something like how many pages or booklets used and I'm scared that it might not be marked 😱😱😱
So, how did everyone find the RS exams today? :holmes:

Did you do OCR? I did and it was actually okay haha got bio edexcel tomorrow.
Original post by bamboolie
I hope implications do come up, I've looked at those quite a bit. I'm not sure if Huntingdon's disease and cystic fibrosis will come up much this year though, they've been on the papers quite often too.

Good luck for tomorrow! :h:

Yeah same, I love the implications questions ahah - good luck to you too!
Reply 177
Original post by Schooltomato
I forgot to fill in the tiny box which said something like how many pages or booklets used and I'm scared that it might not be marked 😱😱😱

:console: . You'll be fine :yep: . You won't be the only one that made this mistake :tongue:

Original post by J_student14
Did you do OCR? I did and it was actually okay haha got bio edexcel tomorrow.

Haha! I was simply stimulating conversation - I'm beyond my GCSEs :tongue: .

Looking forward to Biology? :colone:
A lot of people made that mistake but will that stop AQA from still going on and marking our papers?? Hopefully they do but I'm stressed.
(edited 8 years ago)
:console: . You'll be fine :yep: . You won't be the only one that made this mistake :tongue:

Haha! I was simply stimulating conversation - I'm beyond my GCSEs :tongue: .

Looking forward to Biology? :colone:

hahaha um i think so! i've done pretty much every past paper so hopefully i can get an A* !

Quick Reply

Latest