The Student Room Group

Criminal law students: Coursework

How to prioritise legal issues? Is there anything in particular that examiner wants to see?

Is there anyone willing to check my work? I am already over the word-count and haven't finish discussing all the legal matters. Any help would be much appreciated!
Avoid any long quotes or major paraphrasing if you have any, I tend to get carried away when referring to hansard olde chap....

:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by nathan2k1
Avoid any long quotes or major paraphrasing if you have any, I tend to get carried away when referring to hansard olde chap....

:smile:

Thanks for replying! It's a problem question, so I don't have any quotes, at all. 300 words more to delete, meh!
In which case you are better off sticking it out keeping it clear and simple and necessary (as you probably are doing I am sure :smile:)
Reply 4
In which case you are better off sticking it out keeping it clear and simple and necessary (as you probably are doing I am sure :smile:)

Hopefully, I feel like I don't know anything, haha. Just panicking...
Aye, join the club lmao :smile:
Reply 6
Aye, join the club lmao :smile:

Haha. Are you doing criminal coursework now as well? Or something else? I still need to do an essay for contract law and then I have got economics exam. It's gonna be a hard week or two. :frown:
I've done the criminal law assessment for year 2 which was essay based - 'just' an exam of 4 hours duration to do which gives 50% of the marks, you know... no sweat there then... :smile:

2 Exams this week (Trusts and European) and 2 next week (criminal and land)

and then the pub for a pint or 10
Reply 8
I feel sorry for you. Fortunately, I've only had two law exams in January. I was very stressed out - before then, I haven't had an exam for about 3 years. I was sure that I failed one of them (contract), but got 64% at the end. How do you find EU and trust law? I think I am doing these next year. EU law doesn't sound nice at all.
Reply 9
I was very disappointed with the exam questions as well. For criminal, most of the lectures were about different types of homicide, and then on the exam the questions were on non-fatal offences against the person, diminished responsibility + loss of control and recklessness.
Sorry to hear about your stresses - I am glad your giving it a go now though :smile: I find EU relatively good, it makes sense and is more prominent than the ECHR when you see the direct implications, whereas the ECHR is actually not so certain or onerous despite what we hear in the press about people being given a free ride (so to speak).

I am not so keen on land law or trusts but it's a compulsory subject and if you can grasp the middle ground then that is good enough. Thanks for the heads up on the criminal law exam. It's ok because before last year I hadn't had an academic exam for over 10 years !!. I am supposedly 'mature' pffft....
Reply 11
Just need to get through this. Haha, then you must be proud of yourself. It must have been weird to be in that examination room again, after all these years. Anyway, law is quite enjoyable, once you get to know the basic principles (etc). I couldn't get my head around contract law for a very long time and although it now seems easy, I am now struggling to get that contract coursework done. The one for criminal is almost done, just 205 words to get rid of. I've got 4 questions to choose from and I can't seem to find enough sources for either of them.

I have only heard of ECHR in relation to some tests in criminal law (like Ghosh). Anyway, thanks for your kind words and good luck on the exams!
Original post by agaata5
Just need to get through this. Haha, then you must be proud of yourself. It must have been weird to be in that examination room again, after all these years. Anyway, law is quite enjoyable, once you get to know the basic principles (etc). I couldn't get my head around contract law for a very long time and although it now seems easy, I am now struggling to get that contract coursework done. The one for criminal is almost done, just 205 words to get rid of. I've got 4 questions to choose from and I can't seem to find enough sources for either of them.

I have only heard of ECHR in relation to some tests in criminal law (like Ghosh). Anyway, thanks for your kind words and good luck on the exams!

You too, good luck.
Reply 13
You too, good luck.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending