The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8460
Has anyone applied to the Barclays Marketing Summer Internship?
Original post by Cookie_m14
Just got invite to telephone interview for BAML summer insight week. Standard competency I assume? Cheers!

Original post by nxjx
Got an email as well for a telephone interview with BAML

When did you apply and for what division?
Guys has anyone heard back from DB for being campus ambassador?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by welcometoib
Guys has anyone heard back from DB for being campus ambassador?

Does being a campus ambassador come with any recruiting perks or is it just a formality?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Does being a campus ambassador come with any recruiting perks or is it just a formality?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're the guinea pig for the firm who you're ambassditing for is how I see it. Unless they're chanelling funds your way, it probably doesn't benefit you in the slightest apart from having a more unique response to "why do you want to work for our firm?"
Original post by James E Walker
You're the guinea pig for the firm who you're ambassditing for is how I see it. Unless they're chanelling funds your way, it probably doesn't benefit you in the slightest apart from having a more unique response to "why do you want to work for our firm?"

Fair enough, it's kind of like a way to mesh with the company culture/represent the firm a bit.

(I like your creative spin with the word "Ambassditing" BTW :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by James E Walker

I would imagine it potentially helps with networking, but I think that depends on whether it's HR that does it all or whether employees better positioned to help you also get involved.
Fair enough, it's kind of like a way to mesh with the company culture/represent the firm a bit.

(I like your creative spin with the word "Ambassditing" BTW :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

get paid up to a k a year and a guaranteed ac for summer iirc
may be first round int, i cant remember

Posted from TSR Mobile

pretty strong thing to have on cv
Original post by Noble.
I would imagine it potentially helps with networking, but I think that depends on whether it's HR that does it all or whether employees better positioned to help you also get involved.

Ah, I might look into when the time comes.

get paid up to a k a year and a guaranteed ac for summer iirc
may be first round int, i cant remember

Woah! Now that is a deal I'd gladly sign up for; never hurts to get a leg up like that.
Ah, I might look into when the time comes.

Woah! Now that is a deal I'd gladly sign up for; never hurts to get a leg up like that.

ofc, its an excellent opportunity but insanely competitive, at least here at warwick I know only 4 get to the ints for the role each year. i cant remember which unis they do it for, notts was probably there
Original post by cube123
When did you apply and for what division?

Early February - Global Banking & Credit Risk Management

Posted from TSR Mobile
ofc, its an excellent opportunity but insanely competitive, at least here at warwick I know only 4 get to the ints for the role each year. i cant remember which unis they do it for, notts was probably there

I have an int for that next week for the LSE campus one, have you applied bro?
Reply 8474
hey has anyone applied to the bank of america summer insight programme? anyone heard back? my application is stuck in the "under review" stage
Original post by Avshua
hey has anyone applied to the bank of america summer insight programme? anyone heard back? my application is stuck in the "under review" stage

Interview stage has began
Reply 8476
I applied to the bank of america summer insight programme and my application is still under review. I rang up the recruitment office to see what was happening though (I submitted my application in March), and they said that there's only one person processing all the applications so it could take some time to receive interview invites/rejections. How many people have heard back?
Original post by ecs123
I applied to the bank of america summer insight programme and my application is still under review. I rang up the recruitment office to see what was happening though (I submitted my application in March), and they said that there's only one person processing all the applications so it could take some time to receive interview invites/rejections. How many people have heard back?

Literally just got the email now saying I had been invited for telephone interview. Applied for IBD quite early on. Anyone got any advice, first telephone interview for me! I've read its mostly motivational and competency but any guidance would be much appreciated :smile:
Reply 8478
Original post by sam_224
Literally just got the email now saying I had been invited for telephone interview. Applied for IBD quite early on. Anyone got any advice, first telephone interview for me! I've read its mostly motivational and competency but any guidance would be much appreciated :smile:

Just had the interview today. The questions I had were pretty standard. Quite a few motivation questions: why BAML, what are you hoping to gain etc. Two competency questions.

However, I had a question about my understanding of the division that I picked. Which is exactly the same as the question in the online form and I wasn't too sure how much of the same answer I should give. So I tried to give a different version and it kind of went wrong...
Original post by Conan
Just had the interview today. The questions I had were pretty standard. Quite a few motivation questions: why BAML, what are you hoping to gain etc. Two competency questions.

However, I had a question about my understanding of the division that I picked. Which is exactly the same as the question in the online form and I wasn't too sure how much of the same answer I should give. So I tried to give a different version and it kind of went wrong...

Which division and what was your response?

Latest

Trending

Trending