The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Unit 6 Physics ~ 14th May 2015

Poll

How did you find the physics unit 6 exam?

Since I couldn't find a thread for Physics unit 6 (IAL) i thought i'd make one myself. If there are any notes any one wants to share that'l be great. Also what do you guys think might show up based on what showed up in the previous papers.

Scroll to see replies

yo! Radioactivity highly unlikely to come up since it was in jan 2015.... I have a weird feeling its gonna be some capacitor or momentum or spring stuff, Most likely capacitors because there was nothing on it in Jan 2015
Reply 2
Original post by Lallana 11
yo! Radioactivity highly unlikely to come up since it was in jan 2015.... I have a weird feeling its gonna be some capacitor or momentum or spring stuff, Most likely capacitors because there was nothing on it in Jan 2015

It's probably gonna be momentum, that **** hasn't showed up in quite a while.
Reply 3
GUYS HELPPPPP! for Ln graphs how do we know what values to place on x and y axis???
Original post by Sal296
GUYS HELPPPPP! for Ln graphs how do we know what values to place on x and y axis???

The dependent variable usually goes on the y axis and the independent variable on the x-axis. For example in an experiment where you increase/decrease power to change light intensity, power is the independent variable and light intensity is dependent as it changes when we increase/decrease power.

If they say 'draw a graph of lnA against lnB, A is on the y-axis and B is on the x-axis.
Reply 5
Original post by thymolphthalein
The dependent variable usually goes on the y axis and the independent variable on the x-axis. For example in an experiment where you increase/decrease power to change light intensity, power is the independent variable and light intensity is dependent as it changes when we increase/decrease power.

If they say 'draw a graph of lnA against lnB, A is on the y-axis and B is on the x-axis.

THANKYOU, writing in the exam in 2 hours so nervous.
Original post by Sal296
THANKYOU, writing in the exam in 2 hours so nervous.

Me too, don't get nervous! We obviously have to try our best on this paper as well, but Unit 4 and 5 account for a much greater percentage of the grade and you can still revise for them. Just try to remain calm when you're doing the paper. :h:

As long as you know how to do uncertainties, remember general precautions, and know how to read and plot graphs, you will do fine. The experiment planning related question is a bit of a wild card though, because it could be anything.
Reply 7
Original post by thymolphthalein
Me too, don't get nervous! We obviously have to try our best on this paper as well, but Unit 4 and 5 account for a much greater percentage of the grade and you can still revise for them. Just try to remain calm when you're doing the paper. :h:

As long as you know how to do uncertainties, remember general precautions, and know how to read and plot graphs, you will do fine. The experiment planning related question is a bit of a wild card though, because it could be anything.

That's true well its kind of Unit 3 and unit 6 at the same time, Hopefully we can pull this off. Goodluck to you too, will be looking forward to discussing it with you. TC!
Good luck to everyone :smile:
inshallah we can walk out happy
Reply 9
So how was it? I think it was great. :biggrin:
Easy enough. I accidentally scaled the graph wrong and had to do it again and lost a fair bit of time though and couldn't check properly. :frown: But I think I did okay. :biggrin:
Reply 11
How much did you guys find the percentage difference of planks constant?

I found the gradient 8*10^-34 and I did (6.63*10^-34) - (8*10^-34) and all divided by 6.63*10^-34 and found -20% and i reversed the sign to 20%

Also what did you put for the question asking why subtracting the internal volume and the external volume gave an uncertainty of 10%
Reply 12
Original post by iWant.A

I found the gradient 8*10^-34 and I did (6.63*10^-34) - (8*10^-34) and all divided by 6.63*10^-34 and found -20% and i reversed the sign to 20%

Also what did you put for the question asking why subtracting the internal volume and the external volume gave an uncertainty of 10%

I got 19%. There will be a range of answers so a range will be given. I don't remember what i wrote for the uncertainty question though.
Original post by iWant.A

Ok so, the %D was 18% found by (7.8-6.63)/6.63 and for the volume question you should have added their uncertainties: 4+0.1 so that you find the %U of the volume of the metal to be (4.1/15)x100%=27%>10%
X in last question between 2.3-2.5 ?
Reply 15
how do we know if ln values come on x or y axis?
Original post by takis123
Ok so, the %D was 18% found by (7.8-6.63)/6.63 and for the volume question you should have added their uncertainties: 4+0.1 so that you find the %U of the volume of the metal to be (4.1/15)x100%=27%>10%

Da*** you talking about 27%!?!
Reply 17
Original post by Lallana 11
Da*** you talking about 27%!?!

Exactly. 27%?! I didn't get that either.
Original post by Nid03
Exactly. 27%?! I didn't get that either.

How did you draw the set square diagram ?
Ii spent too much time at the start and really messed up my graph. Couldnt even calculate the gradient. For the planks constant my value came 17.8%. I couldnt also answer the one about why the % d for volume of metal is more than 10%. What did you guys write. Well I can count -6 right there. I wish 90% comes around 32 or something!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending