The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 & C3 (14th May 2015)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dropthebase
was the empirical formula br3o2?

Pb2O3
Did anyone else freak out at the five mark question on c3?
Most likely but is said symbol but they won't mark you down for the word :smile:

I didn't realise it specified? I put words but they normally include the symbols/words as interchangeable don't they?
I thought the tests were easy does someone want to make an unofficial mark scheme?

Yes!
what did people get for the energy released for the question towards the end of c3
Original post by AtomicCaitlin
Did anyone else freak out at the five mark question on c3?

I did. I think I got one out of five marks for that question, two if the examiner's generous.
Original post by battenberg123
what did people get for the energy released for the question towards the end of c3

3234 J.
Reply 767
Original post by Jamesosborne
Bonding between sodium and chloride ? Did anyone write that sodium gives an electron to chlorine so it has a positive charge and chlorine gains it and becomes negative both have a full outer she'll?

Yes I put that, I said about ionic bonding, so it is in a giant lattice and that it has a strong electrostatic attraction between positive and negative ions, so ir has a high melting point because it takes a lot of energy to break the bonds.
Reply 768

I put 4620 but I used 20°c as the temperature change- I know some people put 14°c as the temperature change so would have got something different!
Original post by AvKar
I put 4620 but I used 20°c as the temperature change- I know some people put 14°c as the temperature change so would have got something different!

what did you use for the mass?
Reply 770
what did you use for the mass?

55, you??
Original post by AvKar
55, you??

yes same but i used 14 for the temp change
I found C2 so hard - maybe it's just me!
Does anyone want to make an unofficial mark scheme for the c2 and c3 papers? :smile: Please don't ignore
what would be the grade boundaries for c on c2 and c3?
(yes i know it's a weird question but my goal is c grade on both i'm confident i just got it hopefully and if i don't, my a in the coursework should boost it up)
Reply 775
yes same but i used 14 for the temp change

Yeah I've seen quite a lot of people use 14°c for the temperature so would have got like 3234J (I think that's what it was)?
Original post by AvKar
Yeah I've seen quite a lot of people use 14°c for the temperature so would have got like 3234J (I think that's what it was)?

I think that was what i got
what sort of things did people include for the 5 marker in c3?
I am so annoyed I freaked about the empirical formula and for some reason switched the Valencies at the end 😢
Original post by AvKar

that's the answer i got

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending