The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Which formulas we have to learn to prove for the C2 exam?
~Good luck to everyone doing C2 :biggrin:
Original post by TrentL
Apparently the c2 paper got leaked on twitter...

But thats highly unlikely...right? Lol, hm.
Reply 43
Original post by prepdream

I assume just the sum of a geometric series?
Reply 44
Original post by prepdream

We are given loads, but no geometry ones, gotta know about shapes, area, distance from points and stuff. The rest we are given I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by Anon_98
But thats highly unlikely...right? Lol, hm.

Well last year the same thing happened and they introduced 'replacement' papers which were much harder than the original paper that they were meant to do. I don't know weather this year it's just a rumour but many seem to be convinced it's true, i for one hope its not.
Original post by TrentL
Well last year the same thing happened and they introduced 'replacement' papers which were much harder than the original paper that they were meant to do. I don't know weather this year it's just a rumour but many seem to be convinced it's true, i for one hope its not.

Well thats just awful tbh, yeah if it is true then obviously theyll have ro replace them and thats just ugh lol. Hopefully its just a rumour, i mean this is the first ive heard about it lol... ahh well hopefully whatever happens the paper wont be too difficult. How did you find C1?
Reply 47
Original post by Anon_98
Well thats just awful tbh, yeah if it is true then obviously theyll have ro replace them and thats just ugh lol. Hopefully its just a rumour, i mean this is the first ive heard about it lol... ahh well hopefully whatever happens the paper wont be too difficult. How did you find C1?

It went Well for me i got mid/High A, i should have really gotten around 70-73 though, i made many small errors, how about you?
Reply 48
how many marks is needed for a B or A?
Aw, well that's so great! Ithink mine could've gone better as I too made a lot of silly mistakes and just ugh on how I approached some questions...hoping itll be an A though.
Original post by TrentL
It went Well for me i got mid/High A, i should have really gotten around 70-73 though, i made many small errors, how about you?
Why is the website going down every 2 seconds, too many people on/what?
Reply 51
what are Solomon papers?
I think it was 67 for an A last year... so somewhere around there. Im not entirely sure and may have remebered wrong so feel free to correct me lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh my gosh, I just realised there is an app for this..so ive got it amd its so much easier to reply woah lolll!!!! It was so difficult before, why did nobody tell me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by War-Mac
what are Solomon papers?

Im not entirely sure but i believe they are maths papers with incredible difficultttyyyy... people usually seem to do them after they have attempted all the normal past papers for extra "practice ".. but stuff on them isnt likely to come up at all i think. I may be completely wrong though for i have never tried them before.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mquinn
how many marks is needed for a B or A?

Forgot to quote you... I answered above.. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Original post by Anon_98
Im not entirely sure but i believe they are maths papers with incredible difficultttyyyy... people usually seem to do them after they have attempted all the normal past papers for extra "practice ".. but stuff on them isnt likely to come up at all i think. I may be completely wrong though for i have never tried them before.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see.
I have looked at one but just wondered what the point of them were and what they are for. And why are the called Solomon papers
Original post by War-Mac
I see.
I have looked at one but just wondered what the point of them were and what they are for. And why are the called Solomon papers

Ahh rightt, just to prepare you maybe if they were going to throw something overly difficult youd probably know how to solve it without trouble perhaps... Ive no idea tbh. Hm.... why called solomon papers? according to a quick search rn apparently a publisher called solomon press sold pretend papers bc there were no real past papers at the time, specificatioms were new apparently. Lol, I have no idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Original post by Anon_98
Ahh rightt, just to prepare you maybe if they were going to throw something overly difficult youd probably know how to solve it without trouble perhaps... Ive no idea tbh. Hm.... why called solomon papers? according to a quick search rn apparently a publisher called solomon press sold pretend papers bc there were no real past papers at the time, specificatioms were new apparently. Lol, I have no idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha thanks for the reply.
I might do a Solomon paper for C2 just to make me feel good.
Original post by War-Mac
Haha thanks for the reply.
I might do a Solomon paper for C2 just to make me feel good.

You're welcome. :smile: yeah sounds good haha, especially if you've completed all the past papers. I wish you the best with it all,

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending