The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 & C3 (14th May 2015)

Scroll to see replies

How did u take photos of it?!
Original post by Emma_B1
I put a 2 infront of the second substance - can't remember what that was now ������

I just put 2 as well. I almost missed it out
Please may you also send me the copy? Thanks
Original post by Jamesosborne
You wouldn't mind sending me one too please !
Original post by Emma_B1
I put a 2 infront of the second substance - can't remember what that was now ������

That's exactly what I did haha
Original post by Palette
I think I talked about the 'backward reaction', but I don't think I said it was endothermic.

Other people have already answered your question on iron.

I found Biology Unit 2 much easier than Biology Unit 3. I also found Chemistry Unit 2 much easier than Chemistry Unit 3!

But then my own assessment of how I did isn't the most accurate because:

1) I tend to overestimate the number of marks I get.
2) I tend to believe that I did terribly based on a few difficult questions.

P.S. I regret calling my username 'Palette'.

Well you did say backward reaction, so hopefully you would get marks.

That's sort of what you would expect, to find the unit 3s harder!! Chem unit 2 was really nice, loads on bonding which was great.

I have the same problems tbh, I think the best thing is to forget about it all really... we can't change it anyway! But it's probably best to be pessimistic and be pleasantly surprised than be optimistic and disappointed.

P.S. Are you artistic xD why did you choose Palette?
Original post by Ben_Follester
Okay, I cant find the pictures, but I saved them so ill try and upload

Thanks a lot I appreciate ot
What the hell was the C2 six marker, because i wrote about how endothermic the reaction is, but apparently it was about rate of reaction:confused:
Original post by Ben_Follester

Do you have the page with the homo hetero tick boxes?
Original post by gcsesimsoscared
How did u take photos of it?!

I didnt someone else posted it
Anyone else doing aqa spanish tomorrow
Original post by Pra99
Anyonme else doing aqa spanish tomorrow

I am!!
Anyone else find the c3 5 marker on comparing methods really annoying? What did you all write?
Original post by zogreenie
Please may you also send me the copy? Thanks

Original post by Cbrown223
I would appriciate it if I could get a copy too! Thanks!

Have made a post, and am currently loading pix on.... so will be free for all !!
and will put a link on this forum - hopefuly it works!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Nomes24
Well you did say backward reaction, so hopefully you would get marks.

That's sort of what you would expect, to find the unit 3s harder!! Chem unit 2 was really nice, loads on bonding which was great.

I have the same problems tbh, I think the best thing is to forget about it all really... we can't change it anyway! But it's probably best to be pessimistic and be pleasantly surprised than be optimistic and disappointed.

P.S. Are you artistic xD why did you choose Palette?

I loved the bonding questions too. Even better were that they were essentially adaptations of questions from previous years, so I conquered them.

I chose 'Palette' because it sounded original. I'll be honest, I hated art at school and I'm rubbish at art. There's another reason, which is perhaps not the best to talk about here.

I regret choosing it since it sounds a bit girly (the '-ette' suffix).
Original post by Pra99
Can people explain to me why it was carbon 12 in the fill in gaps. I put isotope. I have never learnt anything in school about carbon 12 and it's not in the textbook so is this really the answer. I was pretty sure about isotope.

it's carbon 12, it's on the specification. The average relative atomic mass of each atom is compared to carbon 12, always, and in every element :smile:
i found the chemistry C2 paper so easy which is a relief after the atrocity that was biology. That 6 marker was amazing so easy far from a stupid transect up a tree! So glad we got nothing on electrolysis, electroplating or how to make salts:smile: This paper actually tested knowledge and the content that we learn rather than stupid 'suggest' questions.
What do you guys reckon the grade boundaries for C2 will be?
Original post by Turtlebunny
Filtration as it is a precipitate

It's not filtration because lead nitrate is soluble so you cant filter out something that is dissolved

i found the chemistry C2 paper so easy which is a relief after the atrocity that was biology. That 6 marker was amazing so easy far from a stupid transect up a tree! So glad we got nothing on electrolysis, electroplating or how to make salts:smile: This paper actually tested knowledge and the content that we learn rather than stupid 'suggest' questions.

C3 on the other hand, for me anyway, had so many ambiguous questions, I wasn't sure what many of the questions were asking :/ a lot of the things on it were just confusing, and some didn't even test knowledge, just how well you can make up advantages and disadvantages on the spot about something you shouldn't have even learn't about :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Aquafreshh
It's not filtration because lead nitrate is soluble so you cant filter out something that is dissolved

Evaporation since its in solution with water?

Also, what was the metal oxide question, I wrote a base
Original post by Palette
I loved the bonding questions too. Even better were that they were essentially adaptations of questions from previous years, so I conquered them.

I chose 'Palette' because it sounded original. I'll be honest, I hated art at school and I'm rubbish at art. There's another reason, which is perhaps not the best to talk about here.

I regret choosing it since it sounds a bit girly (the '-ette' suffix).

Haha I know, I recognised the metal bonding one! I was hoping for diamond vs graphite though :erm:

It does stick in your mind. I don't like my username either dw. If anyone knows me in real life it is wayyyy too recognisable.

Personally I love art! Glad I got my gcse exam done a few weeks before the rest. It didn't feel like an exam as it was so chill :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending