The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LearningGeek
wow, i wouldve never got that in a million years, is it likely that edexcel would put a question like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got like 71+ on the last few papers I've done and I've not seen anything like it. The hardest thing and most silly thing I've seen is two 8 mark questions (Two papers) where they wanted you to find the area of something between two lines (Obviously integrating gives you the area between a curve and the x axis). So you had to treat the whole stupid thing as a square and work it out separately (It took ages, basically).

I might have spotted it sooner in an exam, I've been revising all day so braindead :P It's one of those if you don't spot it - you're done - on the C2 paper I took last year I was one of the only people to spot you had to use Pythagoras twice to solve a particular question, most of my friends who got As on C2 couldn't do it and I only got 69 UMS. You either spot these dumb things or you don't. If they did ask it, it's one of those questions that would force down the 100 UMS I think to below 75.
Original post by lulupixie
I'm doing so well 😂😂😂 that will be me after C2 as I have biology the next day then chemistry the day after that! I mean seriously who plans these things I mean why?! Bring on C2 revision tomorrow and chem and bio cramming 🙈

Yayyyy, I'm happy for you haha. 😂😂Lol, same!!! *Majortastic highfive*. Oh em gee, I know right.
BRANG UT UN..Cramming is the best.😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Columbo97
Guys take a look here, much more active thread.

Thanks
Guys, does anyone have some rules for the the questions where they ask you to solve for 0 < x < 360 and they give you 3sin(x+45) = 2 (for example)

I know how to do everything except the final part sometimes I get confused. I know it's 180 - x for Sin, 360 - x for Cos and 180 + x for Tan.

But in this example you do 180 - x which is fine, then minus 45 which is also fine.

But the other answer is 360 + x minus 45, why is it 360 + x is it just because 360 - x is for Cos? is there a set of rules for this?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anon_98
Yayyyy, I'm happy for you haha. 😂😂Lol, same!!! *Majortastic highfive*. Oh em gee, I know right.
BRANG UT UN..Cramming is the best.😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

I crammed critics quotes for English this morning, I feel it might be the same with maths equations 😂🙈 how did you find C1?
Can someone tell me how to do all the stats stuff on the Casio fx-9750GII please.
Original post by AJC1997
Guys, does anyone have some rules for the the questions where they ask you to solve for 0 < x < 360 and they give you 3sin(x+45) = 2 (for example)

I know how to do everything except the final part sometimes I get confused. I know it's 180 - x for Sin, 360 - x for Cos and 180 + x for Tan.

But in this example you do 180 - x which is fine, then minus 45 which is also fine.

But the other answer is 360 + x minus 45, why is it 360 + x is it just because 360 - x is for Cos? is there a set of rules for this?

First of all, draw a graph, to understand what you're actually doing, then you can just do it anyway without thinking too much, but still draw a graph anyway! or use a cast diagram but wouldn't recommend it. okay for this question let (x+45) equal a variable then sin(variable)=2/3 then inverse sin of 2/3 equals the variable, work it out. plug into variable, subtract 45
Reply 287
Original post by AJC1997

The way we do it is to as soon as u inverse the function, draw the CAST diagram and then u can see what the angles are and how to get to them and since u can only go one way round on CAST, then u can see how to work out the angles

Posted from TSR Mobile
I crammed critics quotes for English this morning, I feel it might be the same with maths equations 😂🙈 how did you find C1?

Hahah, I think may friend may have done that exam- she found it awful. Ahhh no, hopefully not bahahah. Ah C1?.. Hm, well initially I thought it was okay but then I came onto student room and viewed Arsey's markscheme and ugh lol- the way I answered some questions just irritates me.😂What about yourself? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 289
Original post by War-Mac
Can someone tell me how to do all the stats stuff on the Casio fx-9750GII please.

To get to the stat table in which u can insert ur x and y values and use various functions to calculate different things, u do as follows
1-make sure ur in stat mode by pressing mode setup and selecting the stat option 2-then select the function A+BX
3-insert ur x and y values accordingly
4-then, once uv inserted all ur values, press AC-this is highly important
5-now press shift then 1 and to calculate sum select the sum option
6-and select the according function
-then repeat step 5 until ur screen is displaying the formula u require
8-now press enter and eh voila!

Hope this helps :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
Hahah, I think may friend may have done that exam- she found it awful. Ahhh no, hopefully not bahahah. Ah C1?.. Hm, well initially I thought it was okay but then I came onto student room and viewed Arsey's markscheme and ugh lol- the way I answered some questions just irritates me.😂What about yourself? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same I was poodling through it without a problem, spoke to my friends and saw the unofficial mark scheme and saw how many stupid mistakes I made which could have easily got me more marks! So annoyed 😫
Same I was poodling through it without a problem, spoke to my friends and saw the unofficial mark scheme and saw how many stupid mistakes I made which could have easily got me more marks! So annoyed 😫

That pretty much described me haha!!- Hoping C2 will be better, what do you do as your chosen unit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1431718400.918648.jpg
Q3 I can't do it all otherwise got full marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Myst0x
answer says for b 15.7

I'm confused shouldn't it be

Perimeter of triangle - perimeter sector

When they're asking for perimeter of R

It asks for the area.
Original post by Anon_98
That pretty much described me haha!!- Hoping C2 will be better, what do you do as your chosen unit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean :/ we do stats as well if that's it? I don't do mechanics or any of that stuff 😂 my friend does further maths I would be dead now if I was her 😂
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1431718400.918648.jpg
Q3 I can't do it all otherwise got full marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is a que in the textbook very similar to this and I was confused too. I went to my maths sir and he said that they don't ask you to find the power of binomial it is a portion of C4..
Sorry I'm not sure what you mean :/ we do stats as well if that's it? I don't do mechanics or any of that stuff 😂 my friend does further maths I would be dead now if I was her 😂

Lol, yup that's what I meant.😂Bc I've talked to others here who do D1 too which sounds like death itself tbh. 😂
Hahah!! Further maths, oh not for me I dont think. But wooh!- I do S1 too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
Lol, yup that's what I meant.������Bc I've talked to others here who do D1 too which sounds like death itself tbh. ������
Hahah!! Further maths, oh not for me I dont think. But wooh!- I do S1 too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh good 😂😂😂 sorry I just assumed everyone did stats and ignores the D1 etc 😂😂😂 I find stats easy tbh, if I could just continue with stats next year and leave the core behind I would but I don't think you can do that unfortunately 😂🙈 how do you find it? It's my last exam so I hope I will have energy left by then but I have half term to revise still 😊
Reply 298
Original post by Myst0x
answer says for b 15.7

I'm confused shouldn't it be

Perimeter of triangle - perimeter sector

When they're asking for perimeter of R

Use l=r x theta to find the ark length and the add it onto the other two sides and eh voila-u have ur perimeter

Posted from TSR Mobile
ambiguous case
what the hell is that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending