The Student Room Group

Business studies Unit 1 AS Edexcel

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adam0007
hi SaidAkhmeev97 i got the exam on monday aswell can you please also send me the past paper definitions too thanks

what's your email?
Reply 61
Original post by rohan taneja
Hi Thought I would make this forum anyone else doing this exam on the 18th May and then unit 2 on the 4th June?

Me too!!!
Any study notes for all units? :biggrin:
QUOTE=deano321;55720009]I know I'll get a C no problem. But I really want a B in business and I'm always 1-3 marks away. I don't know what I'm doing wrong :frown:

Hey everyone,am doing this exam too - if your going for medicine or dentistry - resit is not really an option - i was like you a week a go or so - just do all the past papers available and get used to the time and writing fast - when i first did this subject i expected a lot of numbers - but its really a lot of writin - so practice! practise!for 4 marks - 1 knowlege , 1 application , 1 analysis , 1 eval - easier way to take that is give a definition , then say why what u chose is correct , if you struggle with that just give reason o why 2 are correct so you an still get 4 marks , dont ever expand if your unsure take the safer option.as far as longer answers - once i started pp at home - when your fine with time you can do well on those - my teacher said the marking is really lenient because their was someone in the class in one of the mock they didnt have nothing like the mark scheme on the 8 markers but she followed the structure and made valid points - so dont stress.as far as am with unit 2 - i havent done much - but i guess it won't take long - such a couple days hard study .good luck am intending to do 3 more pp today - done 1 already - i have 3 left and done with them all
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SaidAkhmeev97
what's your email?

do you have any idea to structure the 12 markers? the ms is confusing me - im getting High A in all past papers - marking not too sure about but my teacher said its pretty lenient like i said before .

any one ? for the 12 markers??
Reply 65
Are you guys learning everything for unit 1 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Hey, Can you please send me the past paper definitions or any additional study materials? Many Thanks

Email: alphakilomike @ outlook . com
Reply 67
Hi Thought I would make this forum anyone else doing this exam on the 18th May and then unit 2 on the 4th June?

yep, i am, not too confident, just revising and doing past papers
im doing it :biggrin:
i'd say im getting pretty strong A's - i was getting B throughout year at xmas time i studied the content hard - now ive done all the past papers and everything is becoming easier to recall.

any one know how to go about the 12 markers? im fine upto 8 ? but when i go to old papers the 12 markers seem like a mission?
Original post by Alpha_k1
Hey, Can you please send me the past paper definitions or any additional study materials? Many Thanks

Email: alphakilomike @ outlook . com

I have just send them to u check your email
Reply 71
Original post by ahsan_ijaz
i'd say im getting pretty strong A's - i was getting B throughout year at xmas time i studied the content hard - now ive done all the past papers and everything is becoming easier to recall.

any one know how to go about the 12 markers? im fine upto 8 ? but when i go to old papers the 12 markers seem like a mission?

Recently they've been splitting the final 12 mark question into 2 6 mark parts which is much better imo. But for the sake of it, i think for the 12 markers you would just do an extra analysis point, maybe either and advantage/disadvantage? Or both, not too sure.
Original post by Nath98
Recently they've been splitting the final 12 mark question into 2 6 mark parts which is much better imo. But for the sake of it, i think for the 12 markers you would just do an extra analysis point, maybe either and advantage/disadvantage? Or both, not too sure.

Sec A I just got 32/32 on jan 10 paper - hope the exams like that on monday.

sec B - i got 24 - its pretty hard to push for the evaluative marks on some questions as you really do go blank - you give a postive and then just stuck n negative for long . totally depends on topic - but ive done all past papers now - tomorrow i think i should just memorise the notes.

good luck
Reply 73
anybody have useful revision notes for this unit and or unit 2
Reply 74
Original post by Yousf
anybody have useful revision notes for this unit and or unit 2

just know all formulas, definitions, past papers
Reply 75
Woke up today from 9 and did unit 1 revision until 5 now just taking it easy until tomorrow another day of business :smile: Hope you guys all do well and hoping for someone to make a rough mark scheme on this forum also we can go through the answers etc on Monday after the exam good luck this is my first time sitting the paper :P
Woke up today from 9 and did unit 1 revision until 5 now just taking it easy until tomorrow another day of business :smile: Hope you guys all do well and hoping for someone to make a rough mark scheme on this forum also we can go through the answers etc on Monday after the exam good luck this is my first time sitting the paper :P

Same , hope it goes well - its my first seating too
the best thing right now is pp i think and just memorising stuff
hope we do well and get the top A Grade.
it will be good to see the boundaries dropping this year
Reply 77
is anyone taking the exam later than 11 am?
No everyone wil be taking it a 9am across the country.

Good Luck everyone! Re ember to know your terms! And read around the advantages and disadvantages of main things like market mapping :smile:
Original post by ahsan_ijaz
do you have any idea to structure the 12 markers? the ms is confusing me - im getting High A in all past papers - marking not too sure about but my teacher said its pretty lenient like i said before .

any one ? for the 12 markers??

Yes did exam last year ; 1 knowledge ( define.)

( Application with anaylsis - so 1 advantage include app in this.)

One evaulation- include app

- what you thinks final parageraph

12marks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending