The Student Room Group

OCR G542 Psychology Monday 18th May *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by huzi45
I don't how the hell I'm going to learn all 15 studies and the perspectives in 1 day

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, its got to the point. Im questioninf focusing on section B and C. But its a huge risk. As id drop half marks- from section A!

Lets just hope the section A questions are easy!
Original post by theperformer
I sat the May 2014 paper and Behaviourist/Cognitive was on Section C

So it's VERY unlikely Behaviourist will be on Section C

Thank you so much for this!! I couldn't find that paper. What studies came up for section b? Do you remember
Original post by ilgc
Could it not be quasi experiments for Sec B if they haven't come up yet either?

Apparently its likely to be case studies
Original post by huzi45
I don't how the hell I'm going to learn all 15 studies and the perspectives in 1 day

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lmao this is me haha, I've done 6 (almost 7) today so tomorrow should be a busy day.
Original post by LaurenceJ96
Apparently its likely to be case studies

which studies are case study,i know Freud and thigpen and cleckley is
Original post by huzi45

Posted from TSR Mobile

Be smart with your revision.

If there are any studies which you really don't like, for example Savage-Rumbaugh, Reicher and Haslam etc then don't bother revising them completely, because even if they come up in section B you won't pick them if you hate them. Yes, there will be a 4 mark question in section A but you could possibly wing it if it is an easy question, or you lose a few marks.

Same with section C, if there are any approaches and perspectives that you don't like, then maybe don't revise them as much. With section C there is more of a risk because the ones you hate may be the ones that come up :eek: but definitely be clever with your revision. I am not revising any of the perspectives (behaviourist came up last year, too) and am not gonna go over cognitive again (came up last year and unlikely to come up this year) but will go over the others.

For this exam, it is very hard and quite stupid if the examiners and OCR really expect us to learn every single study completely, I am sure they are expecting us to be a bit more clever about it :smile:
Original post by veryscared123
which studies are case study,i know Freud and thigpen and cleckley is

Isn't Savage a case study too but also a lab
Original post by natashaellenx
Isn't Savage a case study too but also a lab

yh i it is also a case study,but thigpen and cleckley came up last year
This is actually so helpful!! I'm going to do this and just hope for the best on Section A, to be honest, I wish there wasn't a section A because it makes you have to have some knowledge of all studies but I've blocked some of the studies out because I hate them so much haha
This is actually so helpful!! I'm going to do this and just hope for the best on Section A, to be honest, I wish there wasn't a section A because it makes you have to have some knowledge of all studies but I've blocked some of the studies out because I hate them so much haha

This has to be one of the hardest A level subjects, especially now its all linear. I just hope i scrape a pass...
This has to be one of the hardest A level subjects, especially now its all linear. I just hope i scrape a pass...

Totally agree, I just want to at least pass and not resit it. Even if I just get an E, I think I'd be happy haha
Totally agree, I just want to at least pass and not resit it. Even if I just get an E, I think I'd be happy haha

Yeah, I just wan to scrape a pass.
Do our psychological investigations and core studies grades get combined for AS or remain seperate? :/

Are you guys planning to do it at A2?
People may find this useful

This is what it says we need to know in the specification. Also states what studiesbelong to which approach.
Original post by moment of truth

I have to, I only chose 3 A levels.

As long as these exams dont go so dreadful that my teachers say that the course really isn't suited for me then yes, I am planning to do A2. I dont know what I'd d if I actually fail though, I really dont want to resit

I'm retaking the core studies paper from AS and currently doing it for A2, let me just tell you now- don't let AS scare you, because even though the A2 syllabus has 72 studies instead of 15...it's WAY easier to get marks this year and you only need to know the basics, not too much detail.
Good luck for monday guys :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
I have to, I only chose 3 A levels.

Ahh okay, fair enough. A2 psychology is more interesting (imo) but you have wayyy more to learn!

As long as these exams dont go so dreadful that my teachers say that the course really isn't suited for me then yes, I am planning to do A2. I dont know what I'd d if I actually fail though, I really dont want to resit

Ahh cool. Hopefully they don't go too bad for you. Resitting is long (I have had to do it a couple of times) but you may find that this paper is easier if you do resit after doing A2.

Original post by Amberjoshi
I'm retaking the core studies paper from AS and currently doing it for A2, let me just tell you now- don't let AS scare you, because even though the A2 syllabus has 72 studies instead of 15...it's WAY easier to get marks this year and you only need to know the basics, not too much detail.
Good luck for tomorrow guys :smile:

I have already done A2 psychology :smile: I found A2 psychology more interesting than AS, although it was quite a bit harder, in my opinion.

Good luck to you too :smile:
Yeah, I just wan to scrape a pass.
Do our psychological investigations and core studies grades get combined for AS or remain seperate? :/

I'm actually not sure, maybe someone else might know?
& I only do 3 subjects too but don't be freaked out by dropping psychology if you really don't want to do it, you can pick up another AS in another subject (put you'd have to sit a class with the year below you haha)
Ahh okay, fair enough. A2 psychology is more interesting (imo) but you have wayyy more to learn!

Ahh cool. Hopefully they don't go too bad for you. Resitting is long (I have had to do it a couple of times) but you may find that this paper is easier if you do resit after doing A2.

I have already done A2 psychology :smile: I found A2 psychology more interesting than AS, although it was quite a bit harder, in my opinion.

Good luck to you too :smile:

How difficult did you find A2? Do you think if someone struggled with AS that A2 would be a lot for them to handle? 72 studies is crazy!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending