The Student Room Group

Aqa english literature unit 1: Modern texts

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing Lord of the Flies and Of Mice and Men.

Screwed for LotF but fairly confident on OMaM. There's going to be a lot of cramming and essay writing tomorrow, up at 8am! :biggrin:
Reply 21
I'm worried. Doing lotf and omam. Fingers crossed for Monday! Nice questions please AQA.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by asha.o
I'm doing Kindertransport and Mister Pip - predicted A*! I don't think there are many people do my books and there's no study guides :frown:

Are they good books? I've not come across many who do those books. How about looking at examiners reports? They are really useful is seeing what examiners want to see in the exam. Good luck! I'm sure you will do great!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by OJP
I'm worried. Doing lotf and omam. Fingers crossed for Monday! Nice questions please AQA.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry! Just do your best! :biggrin:
anyone got any key quotes and analysis for OMAM or inspector calls
Original post by asha.o
I'm doing Kindertransport and Mister Pip - predicted A*! I don't think there are many people do my books and there's no study guides :frown:

looool i do mister pip!!! i need so much help lol
Original post by dragonblazer11
anyone got any key quotes and analysis for OMAM or inspector calls

I started an OMAM and AIC revision thread and I put some key quotes up so you could check that out if you want

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi. I'm stuck. What does it mean my questions such as what methods does Steinbeck used to present curleys wife.
What does the word'method' means.

I also need help with what are stage direction in kindertransport and why are they effective Nd how.
Also how is the ending effective.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fishmonger-uk

Could you share your notes with us please. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi im doing tkamb and aic what do you predict the questions:biggrin:
Original post by coco-shah
hi im doing tkamb and aic what do you predict the questions:biggrin:

I am doing those texts too, I'm hoping for tkam that Mrs Dubose comes up but calpurnia and jem haven't come up either. As for aic the only two characters that have never come up are Sheila and Mr Birling.
Original post by asha.o

Me too... doing both of them- I'm predicted an A* too but I'm screwed - have no idea how revise + not done any practice questions
Prediction questions for Kindertransport?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by turquoisecat
Prediction questions for Kindertransport?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

How does Samuel present the theme of betrayal?
Original post by karimoja
I am doing those texts too, I'm hoping for tkam that Mrs Dubose comes up but calpurnia and jem haven't come up either. As for aic the only two characters that have never come up are Sheila and Mr Birling.

Thankyou
Are you doing the conflict cluster as well, for poetry?
Hopefully we will pass, really hoping for a high gradexx good luck:smile:
Original post by Fishmonger-uk

Me too! I found notes online, they are fairly easy to find like this!
Original post by #sarahsmith2
Me too... doing both of them- I'm predicted an A* too but I'm screwed - have no idea how revise + not done any practice questions

Finally someone who does them! I just reread Mister Pip since I didn't really finish the boo off properly! There are notes for MP like these! For Kindertransport, its's even harder to find them but my teacher says to always talk about the symbols in the play as you can expand on them easily and can get you easy marks! These notes are really helpful too!:smile:
Original post by coco-shah
Thankyou
Are you doing the conflict cluster as well, for poetry?
Hopefully we will pass, really hoping for a high gradexx good luck:smile:

No I am doing Character and Voice. The annoying thing about English is there is so much stuff to learn when only one element will come up. Guaranteed to be the one thing I forget to revise :wink: I'm sure we'll be fine though!! Good luck!
Original post by karimoja

what is there to write about mrs dubose , if there any helpful resources on the internet please tell me. thanksx
Mister Pip....maybe something linked to loss or conflict. Last year it was about education. What character do you think will come up for part b?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending