The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Skygon
Could anyone please guide me through an appropriate way to handle such questions? I get how the trapezium rule works but I have no idea how to set up the range of x values.

Thanks in advance!

Edit:- Only need help with part (b) and (c).

For part c) you could just try integrating 1/2 - 1/2cos2x between pi/3 and 0 and that should give you an idea whether your answer is correct or not
What does the R next to some papers mean? Replacement or Regional?
Last year across London did people sit the R paper? Since I heard it leaked last year aswell.

****ting myself becAUSE OF this leak bombaclart
Original post by imfrassin
Last year across London did people sit the R paper? Since I heard it leaked last year aswell.

It's just the paper international students sit because of time zones, usually it feels a bit harder than our Uk papers

it means replacement
the international a level ones have a completely different spec and they have c1 and c2 together i think
Original post by yasmin#2
it means replacement
the international a level ones have a completely different spec and they have c1 and c2 together i think

It means regional
https://knowledgebase.edexcel.com/?p=1749

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
i guess you can use both formulas. its the same thing if im not wrong.
Original post by usmanzubair
Make a physics unit 1 thread pls lol we have that before c2 :frown:

Hey what do you think the 6 marker will be on unit 1 physics?
Original post by 1017bsquad
Hey what do you think the 6 marker will be on unit 1 physics?

why not start a thread on this in the physics forum?
Hey guys,

When you prove that something is a increasing function is it when f(x)' is >0 or >=0???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 589
Original post by Medicjug
Hey guys,

When you prove that something is a increasing function is it when f(x)' is >0 or >=0???

Posted from TSR Mobile

f ' (x) > 0
Original post by Skygon
f ' (x) > 0

That's wha I thought too until in the Solomon paper they used f'(x) >=0

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 591
Original post by yasmin#2
it means replacement

No International A-Level has the same spec and we sit C1, C2, S1... Ect separately just like a normal A Level the exams are just different so we don't have to get up at 4am to make sure we are doing the exams at the same time as you :tongue:
Reply 592

Posted from TSR Mobile

The values of x that you find, are to be included as well. For example if you get x = 3 and -3, and then the inequality ends up being x < -3 and x > 3, 3 is to be included as well. Since f(x) will increase at that value too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is strictly increasing. The f'(x)>0

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

so lets say the official c2 paper has been leaked, will we sit the regional instead?
so lets say the official c2 paper has been leaked, will we sit the regional instead?

Don't think so. All the papers get swapped.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
That is strictly increasing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So wait I'm a bit confused. You can write f'(x)>=0 as well as f'(x)>0? But you have to have inclusive inequalities for your x values

Posted from TSR Mobile
So wait I'm a bit confused. You can write f'(x)>=0 as well as f'(x)>0? But you have to have inclusive inequalities for your x values

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you show me the question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is the definitions
If X_1>X_2 and f(X_1)>f(X_2) then this function is STRICTLY increasing. Ie F'(x)>0
If X_1>X_2 and f(x_1)>=f(x_2) then this function is increasing in the interval ie f'(x)>=0

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

The two are different. When a function is increasing you say f'(x)>=0

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending