The Student Room Group

OCR G542 Psychology Monday 18th May *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tasmins
I don't think so! It was an ethics question so positive and negative points on ethics, what did you write about!

I didnt read the question properly, i just did the general pros and cons of the approach i didnt mention anything about the ethics :frown: i dont think im gonna het any marks on it
Reply 261
can a clued up individual give a model for the 12 marker. pref physiological one in ref to ethics
Reply 262
Original post by Rstlss
Really hoping Piliavin with the right type of questions comes up & also psychodynamic !!!! PLEASE JESUS

Thank you Jesus, but no thanks for that section A.
For the ethical strengths and weaknesses of the physiological approach I had to completely wing it and make stuff up!
For strengths I said:
It mainly uses experiments which means that informed consent would be gained by agreeing to be involved in the experiment e.g in dement and kleitman by turning up at the sleep lab they were giving consent
Also the methods used are scientific and use complex equipment which do not cause harm to subjects e.g in maguire MRI scans are not harmful so welfare isn't an issue and sperry wasn't harmful
And then something else but I can't remembers
For weaknesses I said:
Something to do with welfare I can't remember exactly but I used the example of sleep deprivation in dement and kleitman
And the invasion of privacy cause studying biological factors can be quite intrusive into people's lives e.g in dement they had to report to the sleep lab several times which would interfere with their lives and also the control group for Maguire was collected from the MRI database meaning they had access to these files

Probably completely irrelevant but it was such a random question!
Original post by gemmax6x
Cognitive alternatives was where the 10th prisoner was introduced on day 7 to suggest cognitive alternatives to the other prisoners on new ideas, the trade unionist guy!

i wrote trade union,do i still get mark
For the ethical strengths and weaknesses of the physiological approach I had to completely wing it and make stuff up!
For strengths I said:
It mainly uses experiments which means that informed consent would be gained by agreeing to be involved in the experiment e.g in dement and kleitman by turning up at the sleep lab they were giving consent
Also the methods used are scientific and use complex equipment which do not cause harm to subjects e.g in maguire MRI scans are not harmful so welfare isn't an issue and sperry wasn't harmful
For weaknesses I said:
Something to do with welfare I can't remember exactly but I used the example of sleep deprivation in dement and kleitman
And the invasion of privacy cause studying biological factors can be quite intrusive into people's lives e.g in dement they had to report to the sleep lab several times which would interfere with their lives and also the control group for Maguire was collected from the MRI database meaning they had access to these files

I wrote something very similar to you, it was an awful question to be honest hopefully this means low grade boundaries :3
Original post by thiss1

Well it says how was it operationalised and was 2 marks, you would need to say the introduction of the trade unionist and the fact that they were a prisoner and then you would say that they were introduced on day 7
Original post by ButtonsBile
I wrote something very similar to you, it was an awful question to be honest hopefully this means low grade boundaries :3

Ok that makes me feel a bit better! Hopefully we've got some points right!
Yeah it was, it was a bit sneaky! They'll probably be the same as last year to be fair, they don't vary much
Well it says how was it operationalised and was 2 marks, you would need to say the introduction of the trade unionist and the fact that they were a prisoner and then you would say that they were introduced on day 7

do they look at spelling,is is ok if you say trade union
Original post by thiss1

Can someone help?

I think section A was good for some of it, just the Sperry, Pilivian and Reicher and Haslam that I know i got wrong... do you think that even if i got these questions wrong that it would ruin my chances of passing?

Section B went good and Section C was average
do you think these section A errors will lower it or will it not matter?

also can anyone get the answers to the last question? :smile: thanks
Original post by thiss1

As long as you said it was a trade unionist that was introduced in order to suggest cognitive alternatives further making the situation unstable as well as unfair due to the fact that he allowed the prisoners to imagine more alternate situations.
Oh and it was Day 5 not day 7!!
Original post by gdowning11
Can someone help?

I think section A was good for some of it, just the Sperry, Pilivian and Reicher and Haslam that I know i got wrong... do you think that even if i got these questions wrong that it would ruin my chances of passing?

No they won't make too much of a difference, it's only 4 marks per study!
I thought Section A was very good, section B was pretty good and section C was quite horrible, especially the last question. Overall, a better paper than last year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BethCx
As long as you said it was a trade unionist that was introduced in order to suggest cognitive alternatives further making the situation unstable as well as unfair due to the fact that he allowed the prisoners to imagine more alternate situations.
Oh and it was Day 5 not day 7!!

It was day 7, the textbook says day 7?
For strengths I said:
For weaknesses I said:

I did this too! Hopefully it will be alright!
Original post by gdowning11
Can someone help?

Well no one will be able to get the official answers but I did psychodynamic for the last question and said:
Strengths:
1) Informed consent - thigpen - she chose to go their (included fine details etc!) then said why it was a strength!
2) Deception - lack of deception involved - action research - they were treating the patient whilst documenting observations and qualitative/quantitative data and therefore had no reason to lie as they were simply forming conclusions and treatments around information given (included fine details and said why a strength).

Weaknesses:
1) Distress - Thigpen - possibly iatrogenic, intergration - killing off two of the alters and leaving one but unknown who they would leave and the fact they had to access her repressed memory of kissing her dead grandmothers forehead in order to get to the root of her condition (fine details and explain why a weakness)
2) debrief - wasnt sure about this but said in thigpen she was not debriefed properly possibly due to the fact that they still did not know much about MPD and therefore could not debrief her to completely give her peace of mind - BUT because she wasnt debriefed she never knew that her condition could return - which it did with 21 alters - therefore this could also cause distress (fine details and explain why a weakness)

This could be wrong but I was put on the spot and thought of the best things I could haha!
Anyone got an unofficial mark scheme for this?! Really want one!

Oh our teacher did his own revision guides and we got taught day 5, we also got taught day 5 through a video he showed us but I dont know ahha! It shouldn't matter too much anyway:smile:

Ive just looked on a few websites too and it also says day 5 but Im not sure!
Original post by BethCx
Oh our teacher did his own revision guides and we got taught day 5, we also got taught day 5 through a video he showed us but I dont know ahha! It shouldn't matter too much anyway:smile:

Oh god I don't know then! The textbook definitely said day 7 but I guess if there is a video saying day 5 then maybe both will be accepted, sometimes there's variations in how things are published yknow like how some things aren't included in certain studies, I don't think we'd lose a mark for that though that was just an extra bit of knowledge!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending