The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hai_Ann
Somebody needs to help me with optimisation :frown:

that's the differentiation stuff right? I might be able to help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Skygon
Besides sequences in c2, what else do we have to be able to prove the formula for?

Sum of a geometric sequence is the only proof you will need, and it has a high chance of coming up (as it hasn't for the past few years).
Alright if I'm done solving the solomon papers, is there anything else that could serve as better practice?
Original post by ImJared
Sum of a geometric sequence is the only proof you will need, and it has a high chance of coming up (as it hasn't for the past few years).

what was the last paper that a question like that came up on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys can you help with a trapezium rule question please?

June 2014- question 1 a)

I'm really confused as to how I solve this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
Guys can you help with a trapezium rule question please?

June 2014- question 1 a)

I'm really confused as to how I solve this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Put the values of x into the formula they mentioned, and get values of y for those values of x.
Original post by Skygon
Put the values of x into the formula they mentioned, and get values of y for those values of x.

Ohhh- oh my gosh, thank you!!!!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm so screwed for this paper... I'm pretty sure I did badly in C1 so I really need a decent UMS in this :emo:
Original post by Skygon

That was such an easy question lol, but I hope trapezium rule doesn't come up bc apparently I can't do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bubblegumcat
what was the last paper that a question like that came up on?

Edexcel C2 January 2007 was the last paper, as far as I know. Better safe than sorry.
Original post by laylarose
I'm so screwed for this paper... I'm pretty sure I did badly in C1 so I really need a decent UMS in this :emo:

Ahhh you'll be okay, Dont worry- hopefully it won't be too hard and you'll be able to get the UMS you need. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could anyone please help me with this question: Screen Shot 2015-05-20 at 3.50.53 AM.png

I would like to know where to start :s-smilie:
Original post by Skygon
Could anyone please help me with this question: Screen Shot 2015-05-20 at 3.50.53 AM.png

Is this a real past paper or Solomon?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
Is this a real past paper or Solomon?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Solomon..
Original post by Skygon
Solomon..

Ahh...I'd help but I dont think I'd know where to start either...sorry. ;(

I feel like everyone's having an early night, hopefully it won't be long until someone can help. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Skygon

Really not worth your time...
What topics are best to keep fresh in my mind for smaller non long winded questions?
Original post by laylarose

Just try your best! I did the paper last year and the day before my exam i got a c in a solomon paper-in the actual thing i got 96 ums!
Just keep cool and skip if u don't get something so you don't waste time!
Original post by Skygon

If you join ABO you get an equliateral with π/3 as angle

Shaded area = half Of circle - 2 unshaded areas

Posted from TSR Mobile

Part d on this question confuses me. I've drawn a diagram, but can't get my head around how they got the angle ARQ. I drew a diagram from my understanding of the situation. Is there anything wrong with it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending