The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Pretty Difficult, it was split as some were very easy, the middle questions were the hardest
Original post by AA10743
Attachment not found
Hope you can see this picture on how the solution to how to write cos(x) in terms of k.
Pretty sure i got 100% in that paper but trust me when I tell you that's one of the hardest C2 papers I've seen, and I've done them all

When you got 4 and took it to the other side surely the two 4s cancelled each other

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jabberjay_
For the factorise one I got

(2x+1)(3x-12)(x+4)

instead of

3(2x+1)(x-4)(x+4)

SAME lol
Original post by lukejoshjames
Yeah that's what I got, but is that really the answer. I was confused because that seems more like k in terms of cos x than cos k in terms of k...

cosx=(1+(1+16k)^0.5)÷8
or cosx=(1-(1+16k)^0.5)÷8
Original post by 12345678zzz
I remember d2C/dr2 is something like 12pi + 600pi(r^-3) :colondollar:

I got that too :smile:
Original post by edwardsheeran
I got this too!! I'm pretty sure it's wrong though

omg same hahaha it's definitely wrong but I did this too
Original post by prepdream
Same. Just that I didn't take 3 put of the bracket. Feeling regret a little bit now :frown:

How do you do that sequences question??
Original post by Jabberjay_
For the factorise one I got

(2x+1)(3x-12)(x+4)

instead of

3(2x+1)(x-4)(x+4)

I wrote (6X+3) so pretty much the same :smile:
Some one just told that it would cost only 1 mark so don't worry.
Original post by jf1994
Didn't anyone else just set 4cos^x + cosx = 4-k and then factorise the LHS?

Would the 4 not disappear because there would be another 4 on the LHS?
When does Arsey deliver?
Original post by Mathisfun2015
cosx=(1+(1+16k)^0.5)÷8
or cosx=(1-(1+16k)^0.5)÷8

How did you get that?
Anyone made an unofficial mark scheme yet?
Original post by RaghuR5
When you got 4 and took it to the other side surely the two 4s cancelled each other

Posted from TSR Mobile

They do cancel out....
Overall I think the paper had a couple areas where people may have been stumped on, on the other hand you guys are lucky that an annoying circle question did not come up, or they didn't make you write logs in terms of letters and numbers which confuses a lot of people
Anywhere I think people may have been stumped on?
The geometric series question part a) and b) if you didn't know what method to use
The integration question, you had to integrate using 4 limits, a pair between 9 and 4 and a pair between 4 and 0
The trig and logs questions were alright imho.
The last question part a) may have confused people if you didn't know the surface area of a cylinder but hopefully most of you did
My predictions for the grade boundaries compared to difficulty with other years: similar to summer 2013 ( the paper had problems which were very similar )
100 ums- 75
90 ums- 69
A- 62
B- 55
C- 48
D- 41
Is it right if I got (2x-1)(3x+12)(x-4) for the factorising? I know the 3 isn't outside the bracket but idk if that's even the same
Original post by MJS107
How do you do that sequences question??

Hmm pretty fine I guess. I have been practising that kind of question for a long time so not really a struggle for me :smile:
How about you?
what did people get for question 9?? as the cost? That exam was terrible and C1 was so good :frown:
Them trig questions were so had when do you think the mark scheme will be up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tizzydag
A bit inconsiderate. You should be ashamed. Just because you did well doesnt mean you should laugh at others. I hope you get like 20% . somebody like you doesnt deserve 100 ums.

lol dont cry m8

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending