The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by domy20
Don't worry brother, the grade boundaries are gonna hit rock bottom from the sound of things

yeah about as rock bottom as your sad life
Original post by greggkn
reply you rats

For the factorising one, I think you'd be alright with your answer although it did say factorise fully. I can imagine you won't lose a mark for that.
For getting your sin^2(x) rule wrong, you'd lose a mark and then cause there is no error to carry forward, you'd pretty much lose everything on that question. Might get the odd 1 mark if one of next calculation steps was the right idea, but you'll lose a lot cause you won't get any marks for the last part of question 8 as you woudn't be able to calculate cos(x) properly
how did you guys find question 10 on the back ???
Original post by domy20
A lot of people found it easy mate but you dont need to share it with us. It may suprise you, but we dont give a ****

You are right,I guess I am sorry. Perhaps telling this in a more kind way would be better.
Original post by Kevi14
You got the last one wrong as it does not cost £3 for a whole clean (common sense) but you sub 2.92 which was r back into the equation to get the whole cost which was C!

Ahh I found R which was £2.92. But I didn't realise you had to substitute it back in...
nearlly missed it
Original post by IvoryToast
Will 74/75 be 100ums??
I didn't put the 3 outside so just had (2x+1)(x+4)(x-4)
I assume that's only 1 mark lost?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Might not even lose a mark for that. It was a decently hard paper so yes, I think 74/75 would give you 100ums
As long as your 3 is still inside on of he brackets I mean like (3x+12). If its missing completely you will lose a mark
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Vesniep
You are right,I guess I am sorry. Perhaps telling this in a more kind way would be better.

hahahahahah, mate im just joshing with you, but yeah its true
Original post by domy20

it was alright but 2 circles questions on one paper was kind of gassed!!
Original post by Vesniep

awwwww
Original post by IvoryToast
Will 74/75 be 100ums??
I didn't put the 3 outside so just had (2x+1)(x+4)(x-4)
I assume that's only 1 mark lost?
Posted from TSR Mobile

100 UMS is pretty much sure for you,since this year's paper was found difficult.Congradulations!
By far the worst exam I sat this year and out of all of the C2 papers..even the R module ones. However looking at the mark scheme it looks okay..
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Random20
I really liked the paper today. No one else seemed too. Also does anyone have a mark scheme for the core 1 paper last week?

Go to the physics and maths tutor site, it's there
Or search under arseys posts on hear. I cant link ot on phone sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by domy20

Funny one :tongue:
I always check and so should you all!
But on this occasion i can confirm 9 was the last question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by domy20

What :cry2: question 10?
Original post by greggkn
awwwww

Is this ironic?
Original post by AA10743
For the factorising one, I think you'd be alright with your answer although it did say factorise fully. I can imagine you won't lose a mark for that.
For getting your sin^2(x) rule wrong, you'd lose a mark and then cause there is no error to carry forward, you'd pretty much lose everything on that question. Might get the odd 1 mark if one of next calculation steps was the right idea, but you'll lose a lot cause you won't get any marks for the last part of question 8 as you woudn't be able to calculate cos(x) properly

how do you know theres no error carried forward because i did correct working throughout the whole question besides that
Original post by Boundless_x
What :cry2: question 10?

Of course he/she is just making fun with. The questions were 9
60/75 - would that still be an A?
Original post by Vesniep
Of course he/she is just making fun with. The questions were 9

its a she she's a bit of a rat. aren't you the one that got 100%!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending