The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Poetry Conflict

I am doing the aqa poetry exam on friday and need any help and predictions for the conflict cluster as well as how to answer for some poems! I believe Flag, Falling Leaves and The Yellow Palm haven't come up?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by andyman1006
I am doing the aqa poetry exam on friday and need any help and predictions for the conflict cluster as well as how to answer for some poems! I believe Flag, Falling Leaves and The Yellow Palm haven't come up?

I'm doing the same exam-yellow Palm I think has come up recently on re last years..I do have a feeling for flag but then I think again that they both are simple poems so mayb not. I'm jus keeping my fingers crossed for the charge of the light brigade or futility 🙈
Reply 2
Original post by Aniiforever
I'm doing the same exam-yellow Palm I think has come up recently on re last years..I do have a feeling for flag but then I think again that they both are simple poems so mayb not. I'm jus keeping my fingers crossed for the charge of the light brigade or futility 🙈

Ah realised its The Right Word that hasn't come up not the yellow palm, doubt futility will come again as its the easiest and compares to everything
The right word, Flag and the falling leaves wont come up on higher tier
Reply 4
Original post by Alejazambrano
The right word, Flag and the falling leaves wont come up on higher tier

Oh how come? Are you sure??
Aqa chose 3 poems from each cluster that wont ever come up on higher- but tbh its worth while revising them because you could use them to make comparisons ...
https://community.tes.co.uk/tes_english/f/14/t/520082.aspx
Reply 6
Original post by Alejazambrano
Aqa chose 3 poems from each cluster that wont ever come up on higher- but tbh its worth while revising them because you could use them to make comparisons ...
https://community.tes.co.uk/tes_english/f/14/t/520082.aspx

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-W-ENGLIT-CHANGES.PDF new changes for this years exams
Reply 7
Flag,
the right word,
belfast confetti
the falling leaves
have NEVER come up before and AQA dont use the same poems twice

Theres a good chance these will come up!
Reply 8
belfast confetti and bayonet charge were in the june 2011 paper. They only haven't used the same poems twice because there have been a larger choice. Now theres only three left its pretty predictable so they will have to repeat at least one to make it less predictable.

Oh my god . Aqa are evil
Reply 10
yeah so because they can be on either tier the flag the right word and falling leaves will have the most possible chance as they not have yet been on higher tier, so all we have to find is which poem has not been used on foundation than we will know for definite what two poems it will be.
Reply 11
Belfast Confetti, The Yellow Palm & next to of course god America i are the higher only poems
Reply 12
Yellow Palm and next to of course... were both in 2013 (June and Jan respectively) while Belfast Confetti was 2011, not even on the AQA website. I reckon Belfast Confetti and one of Flag, Falling Leaves and The Right Word
Reply 13
what foundation poems were in 2011?
Reply 14
not a clue
Original post by Bartek99
what foundation poems were in 2011?

Bayonet charge and Mametz wood. I haven't been on this thread until now, can you update me on which conflict poems are likely to come up?
Reply 16
its pretty hard to predict in foundation mametz wood and bayonet charge there both been repeated twice
Reply 17
As the foundation poems can now appear on the higher paper, it's likely we will see a foundation poem (thanks god) and poems like belfast conetti haven't come up since 2011, it is definitely not going to be come on come back or out of the blue as they appeared last year. It's a good chance it will be either belfast confetti, the right word, falling leaves or mametz wood!!
Reply 18
so I've made my final prediction for conflict poetry to be Belfast Confetti and next to god america i
Reply 19
but also learn Falling Leaves The Right Word and Flag as they not came up in the higher, good luck guys, if you need any help what to compare it with just ask:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending