The Student Room Group

B (Salters) F331 (Chemistry for Life) 22nd May 2015 [Official Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elhamm
Oh. looooooool, so blind, what has ocr done to me :biggrin: Thanks!

ahahaha no worries :u:
Original post by brown_eyes
think I got a D or even an E in F331 😭 if I get,say a D in F331 and a B in F332 , and a high A in the controlled assessment , what would my grade be overall ? F331 is worth 30%, F332 is 50% and practical skills is 20% of AS grade pls someone help

A high C
Can someone please explain free radical addition polymerisation with it's stages in detail?? I cant get my head around it I looked in the textbook, and watched videos still dont get it :/
Reply 503
Hi Everyone

For the F331 Exam, I Have 2 questions
For the Bond angle question, I got the Bond angle wrong, but I said Electron repel as far as possible to minimise Repulsion. Would I get a mark for this, even though bond angles are wrong.
For the Zeolite Question, it asked why is zeolite used in cracking. I Put it has a large surface area . Is that right because a previous mark scheme said that this was the answer.
For the dot and cross diagram, I did a covalent, instead of an Ionic. However it did not specify that it wanted an Ionic Bonding. So would I get mark for this

Final
what do You think grade Boundaries will be (I Think 46-47) due to the amount of mistakes that could have been made in this paper
Original post by Why me
Hi Everyone

For the F331 Exam, I Have 2 questions
For the Bond angle question, I got the Bond angle wrong, but I said Electron repel as far as possible to minimise Repulsion. Would I get a mark for this, even though bond angles are wrong.
For the Zeolite Question, it asked why is zeolite used in cracking. I Put it has a large surface area . Is that right because a previous mark scheme said that this was the answer.
For the dot and cross diagram, I did a covalent, instead of an Ionic. However it did not specify that it wanted an Ionic Bonding. So would I get mark for this

Final
what do You think grade Boundaries will be (I Think 46-47) due to the amount of mistakes that could have been made in this paper

i made sooooo may stupid mistakes on that paper.... are we allowed to retake teh paper next year?????
Original post by Supergirlxxxxxx
Aw thanks :':wink: and apparently an A will be 54 since most people get to resit this coursework and get a lot of guidance for full marks! But fingers crossed you get an A :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh I got exactly 54...
How are you guys preparing for the pre-release section?
Hey guys big question :frown:

I got like a high b in my coursework..b/a and probably a high b again in my first paper or a low a depending on the grade boundaires cause i got maybee a 45/60 so many STUPID mistakes

I was wondering if i do really well on my last paper..if the A overall is still possible? :frown:
Original post by JhusJane
Hey guys big question :frown:

I got like a high b in my coursework..b/a and probably a high b again in my first paper or a low a depending on the grade boundaires cause i got maybee a 45/60 so many STUPID mistakes

I was wondering if i do really well on my last paper..if the A overall is still possible? :frown:

what mark did u get for cw????
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mismash
what mark did u get for cw????

About 48
Reply 510
Hi I have got roughly a low/middle C in the course work I am hoping to get an A in both the papers could I get an A overall? In the corse work I got 44 I think. Thanks
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Supergirlxxxxxx
Aw thanks :':wink: and apparently an A will be 54 since most people get to resit this coursework and get a lot of guidance for full marks! But fingers crossed you get an A :smile:

The grade boundaries wont go up again. They only went up to 53 last year and was at 52 for 3 years before that.
Posted from TSR Mobile
If i got 40/60 for F331 and a solid A for Coursework, what do you think i'd need on F332 to secure an A?

Anyone else kinda worried about the advanced notice?
You guys using the storylines to revise too?? Not sure if it useful tbh
Original post by Elhamm
You guys using the storylines to revise too?? Not sure if it useful tbh

Some stuff like the English and American scientists finding out ozone in the ozone layer had depleted is important..

Basically It's good to have some kind of background context knowledge cuz it comes in handy in some Qs
Original post by shooting_stars
Some stuff like the English and American scientists finding out ozone in the ozone layer had depleted is important..

Basically It's good to have some kind of background context knowledge cuz it comes in handy in some Qs

Are you using it for polymer revolution and elements from the sea??
Original post by Elhamm
Are you using it for polymer revolution and elements from the sea??

I would.. but I don't really have the Storylines.. But I'm using my revision guide which has small extracts of the important bits from the Storylines so I'm using that instead..
In the F331 exam for the double beta decay question I wrote for the answer '^0-1ß + ^0-1ß' will I lose the marks?
Reply 519
Original post by celiajacobs
In the F331 exam for the double beta decay question I wrote for the answer '^0-1ß + ^0-1ß' will I lose the marks?

I'm not sure, i did this too,

I think 1 mark will be lost. But is not wrong.

Ps. Don't worry bout F331 now. Its done. F332 is where its at now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending