The Student Room Group

Edexcel Music A2 Technology 4th June 2015

Couldn't find a thread for this anywhere so I made one, just wondering how everyone is feeling for this exam tomorrow and what questions you think might come up?
Reply 1
bump, anyone got this exam tomorrow? i can't be the only one!
Reply 2
Yeah, what do you think is going to come up?
Reply 3
Not to sure really, I'm not bad at the actual mixing stuff on logic but its just the essay question i recon I'm screwed on. Too much stuff to learn for last minute cramming as well!
Reply 4
hopefully compression or MIDI will come up (on the essay question), I'm basically just cramming for these two...
I'm thinking that as well because it hasn't come up in the whole spec, I'm doing less revision on the stuff in the past.
I'm also worried because I haven't brushed up on basic music theory, like I can read the Staff, and tell the key signature, but i can't read sharp/flat keys, and the technique markings:frown:

Original post by JBMusic
hopefully compression or MIDI will come up (on the essay question), I'm basically just cramming for these two...
And what about the synthesis of sound?
Reply 7
Original post by johnsangalang
I'm thinking that as well because it hasn't come up in the whole spec, I'm doing less revision on the stuff in the past.
I'm also worried because I haven't brushed up on basic music theory, like I can read the Staff, and tell the key signature, but i can't read sharp/flat keys, and the technique markings:frown:

Ahhh I'm a classical music student so I'm okay with theory, Its just a general lack of knowledge about technology stuff for the essay question. It's likely that more complicated theory will only be one mark or two, and its often weird that you know more than you think you do!!

synthesis came up last year in the essay question, but they might throw in a couple questions on additive and subtractive synthesis so I just brushed up on that !
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by JBMusic
Ahhh I'm a classical music student so I'm okay with theory, Its just a general lack of knowledge about technology stuff for the essay question. It's likely that more complicated theory will only be one mark or two, and its often weird that you know more than you think you do!!

synthesis came up last year in the essay question, but they might throw in a couple questions on additive and subtractive synthesis so I just brushed up on that !

Ah yes this did come up last year I'm just doing that paper, and the practical last year was actually quite good.

I'm worrying what it could be, because I'm unsure if they'll go back to the past, or just throw in something new:/ I've been brainstorming the possible questions, but I guess it's just a matter of knowledge rather than luck now haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
so glad I found this! my teacher reckons that its probably gonna be stuff that's not come before, I'm hoping for studio environment or midi (y) do you guys have any idea what else could come which hasnt before?
Original post by enaj.phets24
so glad I found this! my teacher reckons that its probably gonna be stuff that's not come before, I'm hoping for studio environment or midi (y) do you guys have any idea what else could come which hasnt before?

Studio environment? Care to elaborate?

And I was thinking Compression, the ins and outs.
Or it could be a massive section on how to affect a signal (which I'd love)
like sound treatment, equipment in the studio basically anything to do with studio recording haha and has compression come before I can't remember :P
Reply 12
I was predicted a B got one mark into a D for coursework. Got a D overall but school shocked as I worked so hard and they didn't what had gone wrong. Anyone else got an unexpected low mark???

Quick Reply

Latest