The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

One more exam then it's a summer of D greyman and Tokyo Ghoul?
Has anyone seen Tokyo ghoul? I heard it's really dark :erm::eek:

As a reader of the Tokyo Ghoul manga I think the manga is amazing and so is its sequel so I definitely recommend you check that out.
Tbh the anime is also good, its just not as gory as the manga and can get quite confusing sometimes but I really enjoyed it and do think that if you have time should check it out.
Anyone seen any Gintama here?
Original post by Zee_Zee148
Anyone seen any Gintama here?

I'm in the middle of watching it right now, on episode 88 currently. Easily one of my favourite anime.
Original post by EdwardElric
I'm in the middle of watching it right now, on episode 88 currently. Easily one of my favourite anime.

me too i'm on ep 95, its so funny right! The Benizakura Arc was so amazing cinsidering it was only 3 eps!
Original post by Zee_Zee148
me too i'm on ep 95, its so funny right! The Benizakura Arc was so amazing cinsidering it was only 3 eps!

I loved that arc, it's surprising that Gintama can pull off serious scenes very well considering how over-the-top a lot of the situations can be. That's why I love Gintama, you have a nice mix of standalone episodes with funny situations, and more serious arcs.
Yeah it has so much light-hearted humour that the arc came as a real surprise. I'm really looking forward to more serious arcs from time to time to find out about Gintoki's past. Also aren't the Shinsengumi hilarious! I think my favourite thing is how aware the characters are that they are an anime and how their always looking for ways to get new viewers!
Reply 9226
yay anime
Original post by El Nombre
. I like the Emilia the Hero character, sort of reminds me of Kurisi from Steins; Gate for some reason.

Sort of? lol they are both textbook tsunderes.
Do you guys know normal cost of making manga?
Original post by Pinkhead
Sort of? lol they are both textbook tsunderes.

I had to look that term up (the etymology of that word is wonderful),

I have no idea why I never saw/figured out that character archetype before. I feel stupid, like how Serial Experiments Lain makes me feel. :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
The new Utawarerumono game is already getting an anime, slated for the Autumn season. I'll definitely be checking that out. :biggrin:

On the subject of anime seasons, I'm hoping to set aside a day and put together the usual preview thread in the coming week. :yes:
Summer season looks pretty depressing this year, Durarara is the only one that really has my interest :frown:
Watched Attack on Titan (AWESOME), Death Note (AWESOME), Code Geass (not as awesome but still good) and Future Diary (good enough).

Any recommendations? For after the exam season of course.
Original post by EdwardElric
Summer season looks pretty depressing this year, Durarara is the only one that really has my interest :frown:

It's looking amazing to me! :zomg: I've not looked into every series in detail, but in addition to the sequels for Durarara!!, Gatchaman Crowds and Symphogear (possibly Non Non Biyori as well), I'm interested in Rokka no Yuusha, Gakkou Gurashi!, and am hoping the minds behind the characters for Chaos Dragon will make that worth a watch.

...maybe Makura no Danshi, too. :p:

Original post by NikolaT
Watched Attack on Titan (AWESOME), Death Note (AWESOME), Code Geass (not as awesome but still good) and Future Diary (good enough).

Any recommendations? For after the exam season of course.

I'd suggest any of the following:

Sidonia no Kishi

Claymore

Baccano!

Fate/Zero

Steins;Gate

Hope there's something there that's of interest to you. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
It's looking amazing to me! :zomg: I've not looked into every series in detail, but in addition to the sequels for Durarara!!, Gatchaman Crowds and Symphogear (maybe Non Non Biyori too), I'm interested in Rokka no Yuusha, Gakkou Gurashi!, and am hoping the minds behind the characters for Chaos Dragon will make that worth a watch as well.

Sidonia no Kishi

Claymore

Baccano!

Fate/Zero

Steins;Gate

Rokka no Yuusha does look pretty interesting. You not a fan of Working then?:tongue:

Sidonia no Kishi

Claymore

Baccano!

Fate/Zero

Steins;Gate

Cheers!
Original post by Red Fox
Rokka no Yuusha does look pretty interesting. You not a fan of Working then?:tongue:

I didn't watch the first series, decided back when it was airing that my time would be better spent on series like Senkou no Night Raid and Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan... I don't always get it right. :yucky: It is on my list of popular series to try and watch this year, but marathoning two series in a month to pick up the third as it airs isn't a priority. :nah:
I didn't watch the first series, decided back when it was airing that my time would be better spent on series like Senkou no Night Raid and Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan... I don't always get it right. :yucky: It is on my list of popular series to try and watch this year, but marathoning two series in a month to pick up the third as it airs isn't a priority. :nah:

I'm going to have tons of time this summer so I'll probably pick up loads next season. I might marathon Gatchaman Crowds and Non Non Biyori so I can watch them. Ufotable doing God Eater looks fairly interesting.
Original post by Red Fox
I'm going to have tons of time this summer so I'll probably pick up loads next season. I might marathon Gatchaman Crowds and Non Non Biyori so I can watch them. Ufotable doing God Eater looks fairly interesting.

I don't know anything about the game God Eater is based on, but I agree that any action series from Ufotable is worth a look. I just hope the pacing is better than in their current one. :p:
It's looking amazing to me! :zomg: I've not looked into every series in detail, but in addition to the sequels for Durarara!!, Gatchaman Crowds and Symphogear (possibly Non Non Biyori as well), I'm interested in Rokka no Yuusha, Gakkou Gurashi!, and am hoping the minds behind the characters for Chaos Dragon will make that worth a watch.

Gakkou looks promising, not sure about Rokka no Yuusha but it's impossible to judge at this point.
Charlotte looks like it has potential, God Eater as well (that ufotable goodness). Gangsta looks interesting, as does Overlord (Madhouse ftw). I haven't seen much Dragon Ball at all but I might just randomnly pick up DBS for fun (although I'd like to start Kai sometime soon).

I'm only watching 2 shows this season but hopefully I'll have time for more in the summer when I've finished some of the longer shows I'm watching like Gintama and HxH (the latter I'm enjoying more now).

Latest