The Student Room Group

WJEC A2 English exam help

Hi guys,

I have my English exam on Thursday and I'm really struggling for quotes in my Shakespeare, which is Measure for Measure, and my side text, which is The Duchess of Malfi.
I am fine with poetry, as I have got quotes which I can bend to mean pretty much anything. Does anyone have any ideas on what quotes for Shakespeare I can use in the same way?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Honestly, you don't need to remember loads of quotes. You aren't expected to because it's a closed text exam. Just remember some general phrases and some key quotes.
Original post by Mrpianoman
Hi guys,

I have my English exam on Thursday and I'm really struggling for quotes in my Shakespeare, which is Measure for Measure, and my side text, which is The Duchess of Malfi.
I am fine with poetry, as I have got quotes which I can bend to mean pretty much anything. Does anyone have any ideas on what quotes for Shakespeare I can use in the same way?

Thanks!

I feel your pain! I'm doing the same exam but my texts are The Tempest and Dr Faustus. I'm focusing on the core text and only learning 5 ish (maybe more) for the partner text which are really general, as I will just find ways other than close analysis to get marks for my partner text.

What poetry are you using, if you don't mind my asking?

And good luck on Thursday!!
Reply 3
I'm doing Measure for Measure and Duchess of Malfi too. My school gave us some key themes to look at such as justice, appearance and reality, injustice, religion and stuff like that. If you look at the Duke's quotes such as his soliloquy at the end of Act 3 and Act, Scene 1, Isabella and Angelo's two conversations in Act2 Scene2 and Act 2 Scene 4 and Escalus and Angelo talking about the law in Act2, Scene 1 that should give you some key quotes. Ideally you need to be able to make AO2 comments about the quotes as well and what the quotes mean.
Reply 4
Original post by thewishfulwriter
I feel your pain! I'm doing the same exam but my texts are The Tempest and Dr Faustus. I'm focusing on the core text and only learning 5 ish (maybe more) for the partner text which are really general, as I will just find ways other than close analysis to get marks for my partner text.

What poetry are you using, if you don't mind my asking?

And good luck on Thursday!!

We're doing William Blake's Songs of Innocence and Experience. What about you? And good luck to you too! :smile:
Original post by Mrpianoman
We're doing William Blake's Songs of Innocence and Experience. What about you? And good luck to you too! :smile:

I'm doing the same! And thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending