The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3220
Original post by NEWT0N
They're called invigilators.

EDIT: Oh and good morning, how's everyone feeling?

Morning! Shattered! But gonna blast PHYA4 today after yesterday's shambles of a Core 4 paper blew the A* in maths away :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody get how they concluded 38s for this question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MSB47
mark scheme says force is upward and im guessing an upward force on the wire results in a downward force on the magnet hence increasing reading on scale due to newtons third law...

And i doubt were in same class no one I know uses tsr

Oh, yeah, sorry. I thought you're saying an upward force on the magnet.

And yeah, i don't think we are in the same class. For some reasons i thought we were :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by NEWT0N
They're called invigilators.

EDIT: Oh and good morning, how's everyone feeling?

Good morning.
Feeling a bit different than yesterday, i don't know why. Maybe because I've got my chemistry exam today lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3224
Original post by NEWT0N
My condolences :frown: I'm sure you'll do fine though, people tend to underestimate their abilities.

And wait what do you mean today, isn't it tommorrow?

Hmm. I hope for low boundaries :/

Yes sorry, I meant blasting revision. The exam is tomorrow haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NEWT0N
Same feeling weird I didn't sleep well for some reason, probably had some physics nightmares. Ah good old chemistry, I dropped that one. Is it even safe to do physics+chemistry? lol

True, this usually happens. I had this problem with my first exams bit fortunately I'm quite relaxed.
Well i would say chemistry is a dangerous one. For this reason I'm not worried about it because i know i will mess up in chemistry lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Think I'm just gonna revise all the possible topics that will defo come up tomorrow (eg ones that haven't come up last year of the year before) and then that will be me done! I'm so stressed for this exam just because the marks between each grade are like 5 marks :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3227
Original post by gcsestuff
Think I'm just gonna revise all the possible topics that will defo come up tomorrow (eg ones that haven't come up last year of the year before) and then that will be me done! I'm so stressed for this exam just because the marks between each grade are like 5 marks :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree. It's a tough paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any help?
So likely 6 markers to come up tomorrow? Sorry if I've already asked lmao

I think I prefer the multiple choice, I average around 19/20 so that would be good. Really hoping I get an A in Ph4 and it would mean I could miss out on a B for PHy5 and still get my grade I need hehe
I've decided that what ever you think the 6 marker will be, it won't be!

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-PHYA41-QP-JUN14.PDF

Q5 - the answer is D, does anyone else think its so counter intuitive? I thought it was C haha,
Original post by Kennethm
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-PHYA41-QP-JUN14.PDF

Q5 - the answer is D, does anyone else think its so counter intuitive? I thought it was C haha,

Yeah I said D too but I was confused to why it wasn't C.

It's a frictional force. The mass has a linear velocity which is trying to escape the orbit, so the frictional force makes sure the the mass doesn't fly off? Idk

The one that's directed away from the centre is called the centrifugal force, but apparently we don't need to know that
Does anyone know how to mark these papers, there is 50 marks for part B and 25 questions for part A, but the conversion tables are out of 100 raw marks.
So my question is, are the part A questions worth 2 marks each or is the raw mark a percentage?

Edit: Figured it out, I was looking at PHYB instead of PHYA
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by gcsestuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

What topics are they?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xela238
What topics are they?

Posted from TSR Mobile

All of them

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1433927351.567904.jpg

For question 8 I keep getting d, it's c

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I might do the same. Although we won't know why they differ :L praying someone can take the paper home with them. Otherwise we'll have to just debate random MC questions in any order and the answers people got for them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least it'll give us a rough estimate - there should be some questions that everyone gets the same for. I'll mark which ones I guess as well (if I have to guess any, and if I have time).
Reply 3239
Original post by xela238
6 Marker Predictions?

Capacitor dis/charging

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending