The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JayGreen
I have done most of the c3 papers and to my knowledge factor formulae has never come up (I might be wrong though so dont hold me to that)

What is the factor formula????
Original post by BBeyond
****ing tell me about it, i'm lit hopeless at it there must be some easy way of doing it i can't visualise ****, especially when im trying to do the arcsin/tan/cos graphs i havent got a clue

its ****ing horrendous - if i cant just sway values in coordinates and 'see' the new shape I'm *******ed. For me its when the original graph goes through y=x; in which case i have no hope
Original post by BBeyond
how the **** do i reflect in the line y=x this is the hardest thing in c3 for me atm lol

say there's a point (1,0) on the y-axis:
y=x.jpg
draw the line y=x then at every point do a sort of right angle, i hope i made it clear
Reply 1843
lol thaaaaaanks!!!!!
Original post by ThePrestigeUK
When its Rcos(x-alpha)

Do we work out alpha the same as Rcos(x+alpha)

I swear in the morning I thought we flip for minus, but now just done an example lost 6 accuracy marks FFS

pls someone help me out

You have to use the formula for cos (x-a) rather than for cos(x+a)
Original post by Viggi
guys just wondering (and panicking!) how much integration do we need to know for this (C3) because Exam solutions doesn't have a section on integration... :s-smilie:

I haven't seen an integration paper in C3! They won't be testing us on this, don't worry.
Reply 1846
Original post by Freddy-Francis
June 2014 R paper is disgusting :redface:

Just did that paper, even looking at the mark scheme I couldn't work out what I'd done wrong with some of the questions
Original post by Maham88
x/QUOTE]

hey you know for jan 2010 9iib i get the range is greater than 3 but why is it not greater than and equal?
No regulations say you can't bring a mirror in :wink:
Does anyone know how to do 9c on last year's C3 paper? I got the maximum value but I have no idea how you work out the minimum.. I don't get how you're supposed to work it out.
Original post by Gilo98
its ****ing horrendous - if i cant just sway values in coordinates and 'see' the new shape I'm *******ed. For me its when the original graph goes through y=x; in which case i have no hope

dont even im normally already long ****ed before that point, may have to resort to the plotting technique tbh but thats so long
Original post by Gilo98
thought you'd say that :wink: Me too, praying for a bastard of a paper. June 2013 wasn't really that hard for me and 100ums was so low...

oh june 2013 was really good paper.75/75 was not that difficult to achieve no matter how low the 100UMS boundarie was.If only tommorow the paper is more difficult than June 2013. That would be great!
Original post by avninsa
Can anyone explain how bii and c are done? Mark scheme isnt helping muchIMG_20150611_211400.jpg

is bi) is max value the value of R?
this is when cos(theta + alpha) =1
so R(1) = max
R =max
ii) check the cos graph. look at where it is 1 on the graph

So from the graph. It is max at points 0, 2pie

so make it equal to the equation and solve for both values.

I think. Someone correct me
Original post by DesignPredator
No regulations say you can't bring a mirror in :wink:

Or bring tracing paper :colone:
Reply 1854
June 13 R paper help on Q3c anyone ?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434054380.582274.jpg

From 0 - 360 degrees there is only one point where cos is -1 so I though the answer would be -5root2 using the R harmonic trig but it isn't can someone help me as I don't even get how they got the answer to that

Posted from TSR Mobile
omg I think I discovered a new identity!
tantheta=1/tan90-theta
lol
Original post by kajo
Just did that paper, even looking at the mark scheme I couldn't work out what I'd done wrong with some of the questions

lol. same. Just destroyed my happiness :s-smilie:

I was like wtf.

Guys any recommended papers?
Original post by Viggi
guys just wondering (and panicking!) how much integration do we need to know for this (C3) because Exam solutions doesn't have a section on integration... :s-smilie:

Just remember to check your answer with the calculator and everything will be fine.C3 doesn't require something new in integration.
Original post by BBeyond
dont even im normally already long ****ed before that point, may have to resort to the plotting technique tbh but thats so long

:rofl: hopefully the table function on my calc and some praying tonight will get me through it!! Cant believe some people can just 'see' it - even with a ****ing mirror doing SATS i could never do reflections - the only ones I'm fine with are reflections in the axis when the graph doesn't go through them :mmm:

Original post by Vesniep
oh june 2013 was really good paper.75/75 was not that difficult to achieve no matter how low the 100UMS boundarie was.If only tommorow the paper is more difficult than June 2013. That would be great!

ikr, got 70/75 because of the tan Q and not seeing the similar triangles approach to the functions Q (the hardest Q on paper imo). Praying for smoothening similar
Original post by paradoxicalme
You have to use the formula for cos (x-a) rather than for cos(x+a)

hey you know for jan 2010 9iib i get the range is greater than 3 but why is it not greater than and equal?

Latest

Trending

Trending