The Student Room Group

OCR MEI C3 Maths June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 421
On the very last question, I inverted it correctly but then drew the line starting at x=-1 going towards the x axis instead of away from it.

So 3/3 marks for inverting
1/1 mark for correct domain
1/2 marks for slightly wrong graph
?/1 marks for range

Does this sound fair?

Would I get the follow through mark for correct range of the wrong graph?

Original post by SH0405
Other way round; rectangle - integral.

Integral = area under the graph so I did 2 intergrals. Took that away from the rectangle.

Don't even tell me this is wrong? O_O!
Original post by SH0405
That isn't right; x = ½. Other than that, great help...

Oh yeah thanks - I'll change that.

My mark scheme again for those who missed it is on page 13.
Original post by Hthomas5
If anyone has any questions about this exam, text or call me on 07855867338 (I am a maths tutor so should be able to help!)

Perhaps you could referee the debate. Was this easier or tougher than past papers? This forum appears to be split.
Follow up question would be how grade boundaries will be moved.
Thanks Mr. Tutor sir.
Original post by Hody421
What did you get for the question where you had to calculate the area between y=1 and the curve?

Wasn't it 3 x 1? Since it intersects at 4 and 1

So 3 - Integral of the Curve

Yeah
My estimated grade boundaries

100UMS: 70
90UMS (A* equivalent): 64
A: 57
B: 51
C: 46
D: 41
E: 34
U: 0
Original post by iAmanze
Really sorry to hear that.

Happened to me with my Grandad when I was taking AS. Very mind-messing stuff.

Amazing coursework grade by the way.

Taking a random example of 2014 June.

A - 58 (paper)
A - 15 (coursework)

So 73/90 = an A.

With you 55 + 18 =73. So that would be an A last year.

Thank you very much - just an A like :smile: I am hoping my application for special consideration gets accepted because I truely need it
Original post by iAmanze
Integral = area under the graph so I did 2 intergrals. Took that away from the rectangle.

Don't even tell me this is wrong? O_O!

Two integrals overcomplicates it, but will be condoned assuming you used the correct limits.
Original post by Danny2893
Right angle triangle with 45 degree, means other angle had to be 45 degree which gives you an isosceles triangle. Both lengths coming from the right angle are equal which funnily enough happened to be r and h. That is GCSE knowledge

yep sorry my bad :P
Original post by SH0405
Two integrals overcomplicates it, but will be condoned assuming you used the correct limits.

what ques was that ? I just found the are of integral with limits 4 and 1 not sure if its the same ques as you tho
*sigh*

I think I'll get 80-84 UMS for this paper. Section B was really nice - but I made silly errors in Section A

Slept like 3 hours last night which didn't help.
What's full UMS likely to be? I think I got 88/90 overall including the cw
Original post by SH0405

Let me get this straight.

Integrals measure the area under a graph right?

This being said, under the graph (if I recall the question accurately) where were two parts, like 2 triangles.

So, I did 3 x 1 for the rectangle. Took away the two triangles from it to get my answer.

I wouldn't even know how to do this differently.

But yes, I was accurate with my limits so should be able to get it like you said.

Going over exams after they are finished is a bad idea for me lol. From coming out thinking I have an A*, to thinking I have a high A now, somehow if I was wrong on that, I may have a low A...

With M1 being a low A/ high B it all rests on the shoulders of C4 to see if I get overall an A* an A or even a damn B! O_O! Hate you C4!
(edited 8 years ago)
How much is 100% for C4?

Last year it was 75/100 for 90..
Hey guys hope everyone is doing well, if not don't worry look up and ahead to the upcoming exams!

I done this paper today. But need some reassurance, if anyone could offer any, i love you!

Right so:
1) I forgot to calculate area of rectangle and minus it from area of graph so my answer was left as 3ln3
2) Last question I didn't get the inverse function right but had a few attempts at it actually, i had the correct range and had an a reasonable attempt at the graph.
3) For one of the intergals where you had like 4ln3 - 15/16 or something like that instead of -15/16 i got -17/16 prob added it wrong.
- All in All i think i lost 7 marks for the above mistakes hopefully at maximum. Which gives me hopefully 64/72 for C3

Now the question is:

C3 = 64/72
Coursework = 17/18

Altogether 81/90 - Would this be 90% in terms of UMS?
Original post by FireFreak
Hey guys hope everyone is doing well, if not don't worry look up and ahead to the upcoming exams!

I done this paper today. But need some reassurance, if anyone could offer any, i love you!

Right so:
1) I forgot to calculate area of rectangle and minus it from area of graph so my answer was left as 3ln3
2) Last question I didn't get the inverse function right but had a few attempts at it actually, i had the correct range and had an a reasonable attempt at the graph.
3) For one of the intergals where you had like 4ln3 - 15/16 or something like that instead of -15/16 i got -17/16 prob added it wrong.
- All in All i think i lost 7 marks for the above mistakes hopefully at maximum. Which gives me hopefully 64/72 for C3

Now the question is:

C3 = 64/72
Coursework = 17/18

for the area of rectangle was the answer 4-3lnl3 ?

I would say this year 79-81 is much more realstic for 90 UMS
Original post by FireFreak

Right so:

Now the question is:

C3 = 64/72
Coursework = 17/18

I was panicking because I remember getting the -15/16, but I can't remember which question it was for, do you know which one it was??

And yeah 81 should be on the A* borderline
Reply 438
anyone else get 3/8(2x+1)^4/3 on 2? (Including +c ofc)
Original post by Duskstar
Oh yeah thanks - I'll change that.

My mark scheme again for those who missed it is on page 13.

For the g(x) one the integral was the same as before, but negative so -(the one before). Don't think you said this on your mark scheme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending