The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century Chemistry C7

hey guys! just 2 more exams to go!!
so c7... looks like i'll be teaching myself a whole unit in 2 days cos the only thing i know is haber process and the refluxing distillation crap

so any 6 marker predictions? how's everyone feeling for this exam?

Scroll to see replies

A 6-marker will almost certainly involve some part of sustainability; the questions asked at the end of each chemical synthesis page in the CGP revision guide.
Reply 2
Don't worry I taught the whole of B7 yesterday and teaching the whole of C7 these two days too lol! I like the molecule stuff (alkenes,alcohols,carboxylic acids etc) that always comes up
equations and structures are hard to remember
Reply 4
i hope titration calculations come up!!
Reply 5
Original post by parker13
Don't worry I taught the whole of B7 yesterday and teaching the whole of C7 these two days too lol! I like the molecule stuff (alkenes,alcohols,carboxylic acids etc) that always comes up

Did you use the textbook or revision guide?
Reply 6
Urghhhhh... I have to teach myself C7 as well.... The B7 exam today was good though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
what do you guys use for revision? i just use the cgp guide and bbc bitesize
Reply 8
Original post by zigocarn
Did you use the textbook or revision guide?

I used the CGP guide and the workbook, the workbook is so useful it asks questions to build on your knowledge and a lot of the exact dame questions came up in the exam.. Also it sometimes asks harder questions so the exam feels easier
i'm learning the syllabus now. started yesterday and done unit 1 and just started unit 2
Reply 10
I have a bunch of questions which Ill upload, and they are very likely to come up, c7 is quite easy thankfully 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jitesh
I have a bunch of questions which Ill upload, and they are very likely to come up, c7 is quite easy thankfully 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes please!!!
Reply 12
Add me on kik and revise for c7 with me anyone? - ellmxx
Original post by kxylah
i hope titration calculations come up!!

lol are there even any titration calculations?
i just cant remember the type of methods such as distillation to make an ester
Reply 15
Original post by zigocarn
lol are there even any titration calculations?

yeah, c7.5, specification statements 22 and 23
Reply 16
Any predictions for possible 6 markers or 4 markers?
Anyone have the C7 2014 paper and mark scheme?
Reply 18
Here is the 2014 paper and the mark scheme
Reply 19
Also a list of C7 topics to look over that my school gave me. 2 day cramming session here I come.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending