The Student Room Group

The Daily Mail is back to incredible form

Scroll to see replies

I think the important part of the article is right beneath the headline:
Several other British-born terrorists have also been radicalised in the town

So there is clearly a problem with the place. Maybe check out the mosques? Or are there "trojan" schools there?
So basically, it's a smaller version of Birmingham.
What a frightening place to live.
Original post by datpiff
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3125530/The-breeding-ground-jihadis-ice-cream-lady-wears-burka-great-textile-town-Dewsbury-undergone-terrible-transformation.html?ito=social-facebook

Oooooo... watch it. She might just give you one of those crappy Fab lollies that get crap when you get to the bottom.
This article is that racist i can't even take it seriously lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

you're calling them racist yet you're racist enough to generalise all arabs as muslims? jesus christ...
Reply 24
Lol @ the comments. The top one is priceless.
Original post by zippity.doodah
you're calling them racist yet you're racist enough to generalise all arabs as muslims? jesus christ...

tell me about it
I guarantee that all of the people calling this article racist would kick up a massive fuss if they were told they had to move to Dewsbury.
Original post by #Ridwan
I guarantee that all of the people calling this article racist would kick up a massive fuss if they were told they had to move to Dewsbury.

Aye how could anyone bear living in Yorkshire .
(edited 8 years ago)
It's funny how people are calling others racist for speaking badly of this town, yet it's a town with a history of breeding young terrorists and is home to the European headquarters of a form of Islam condemning British values.. Not a whole lot going for it imo. I mean there's diversity and pro-immigration, then there's a former white majority town that's now essentially a ghetto with just over 1% of the town being white.

Waiting for the racist/ignorant/xenophobe comments now.
Ice cream vans are haraam. Off with her head.
'where even the ice cream lady wears a burka'

People saying the article isn't racist, look at this line. Really, look at it. The word 'even' implies it's a terrible thing that someone might dare to wear a burka.

This article is racist in a very subtle, but very nasty way and that isn't on.

Lots of places have high crimes rate- doesn't mean all the people living there are scum; it's more than often a product of a deprived socio-economic background.

More to the point- the 'only 40 people out of 4000 are white' or whatever- so bloody what?

Then quotes like this: 'We peered at them and they peered back'- 'them' pretty much sums up our attitude towards immigrants in this country. It is us vs them as opposed to us. It's not a good thing to be colour blind as it complete ignores the crap people of colour experience, but people would do well to remember that first and foremost we are all people and that religion does not a terrorist make.
Reply 31
Has anyone else noticed the top comments in the daily mail are often indistinguishable from the UK politics section?
Original post by battycatlady

Then quotes like this: 'We peered at them and they peered back'- 'them' pretty much sums up our attitude towards immigrants in this country. It is us vs them as opposed to us. It's not a good thing to be colour blind as it complete ignores the crap people of colour experience, but people would do well to remember that first and foremost we are all people and that religion does not a terrorist make.

Do you really want to use this quote of all quotes to support your argument about racism/xenophobia when the few lines before and after are:

"Jean remembers when the first Asian family moved into Savile Town, on a road named South Street where she was brought up ... ‘We had never seen anything like them and they probably felt just the same about us. There was no prejudice, just curiosity."
That Talha guy is cute.
Original post by datpiff
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3125530/The-breeding-ground-jihadis-ice-cream-lady-wears-burka-great-textile-town-Dewsbury-undergone-terrible-transformation.html?ito=social-facebook

Oooooo... watch it. She might just give you one of those crappy Fab lollies that get crap when you get to the bottom.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The article is entirely spot on. Just another leftist unhappy that others have a point of view which differs from your own.
Dewsbury is notorious and even had a book wrote about it 4 years ago. Here is the link if you want a copy:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Islamic-Republic-Dewsbury-Danny-Lockwood-ebook/dp/B006NKI1L6

By the way it is entirely racist that there is an English town in which the indigenous English have been completely replaced by a middle eastern people against their will. You are the racist.
Its a poor article because it doesn't seek to understand and explain.

There will be other pockets of the country with as many if not more Muslims yet with no or few links to extremism. The obvious question is why Dewsbury and the article doesn't attempt to answer that. Perhaps it is the absence of tutti fruti flavoured cornets but if so, the article doesn't explain this. The journalist has simply gone and stared at something he doesn't understand and engaged in political voyeurism:"aren't they all strange".
Dewsbury terraced house mosque.jpg

This is extraordinary. I only regret that the Mail broke with policy in not pricing it though irrelevant to the story "Speaking outside his £300,000 terraced-cottages mosque conversion, the local imam revealed his impressively toned abs...".
Reply 37
Original post by Stephen857
The article is entirely spot on. Just another leftist unhappy that others have a point of view which differs from your own.
Dewsbury is notorious and even had a book wrote about it 4 years ago. Here is the link if you want a copy:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Islamic-Republic-Dewsbury-Danny-Lockwood-ebook/dp/B006NKI1L6

By the way it is entirely racist that there is an English town in which the indigenous English have been completely replaced by a middle eastern people against their will. You are the racist.

Actually if you know West Yorkshire you'll know the Asian population has existed in those areas for years. Immigration in West Yorks isn't a new phenomenon. It is unlike East, North and South Yorks because these areas are much more white (heavily linked to the kinds of industry that existed in the area). Cities like Bradford experienced immigration during the peak of the textiles industry. Before that in the nineteenth century German merchants settled in the area (Bradford actually has an area called Little Germany), followed by Italians and Eastern Europeans (including Poles, Ukrainians and Latvians). Its in mining and Steel areas in South Yorkshire where immigration is a more recent phenomenon with Eastern European / EU immigration making up the majority.

Also in my experience its only inner city / central areas in which there are big Asian populations. A lot of places in West Yorkshire are still predominantly white. central Dewsbury, inner city Bradford and inner City Leeds aren't representative of all of West Yorks.

Lol at the I am the racist accusation. Ooooo... i feel so ashamed lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by nulli tertius
Its a poor article because it doesn't seek to understand and explain.

There will be other pockets of the country with as many if not more Muslims yet with no or few links to extremism. The obvious question is why Dewsbury and the article doesn't attempt to answer that. Perhaps it is the absence of tutti fruti flavoured cornets but if so, the article doesn't explain this. The journalist has simply gone and stared at something he doesn't understand and engaged in political voyeurism:"aren't they all strange".

It is too similar to Rotherham to me, lots of people commenting on something they don't understand (i suspect lots of people didnt even read the Jay Report in full). Dewsbury also looks a lot like Rotherham (both declining towns next to big cities with Asian populations living close to town centre). They have both been very unfairly represented.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by datpiff

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's not racist, stoopid
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending