The Student Room Group

Cheating In GCSE Spanish Speaking

Sooo my Spanish teacher was found out for telling our class the questions she'd ask during our speaking exam.
AQA have now called me and a few other people in to answer a questionnaire about what she did and she's sent our whole class an email asking us to lie for her.
Whilst I'd be more than happy to do so, since she's such a sweet lady, I was wondering if I was found to be lying on the questionnaire whether my other AQA exams could be compromised.
Any guidance would be much appreciated 🙏
Reply 1
Original post by Hhjshsh
Sooo my Spanish teacher was found out for telling our class the questions she'd ask during our speaking exam.
AQA have now called me and a few other people in to answer a questionnaire about what she did and she's sent our whole class an email asking us to lie for her.
Whilst I'd be more than happy to do so, since she's such a sweet lady, I was wondering if I was found to be lying on the questionnaire whether my other AQA exams could be compromised.

Forward that e-mail to someone senior - this is serious! You must not lie as it will impact you far more. Your teacher has been incredibly unprofessional but your results won;t suffer because of that.
Reply 2
I mean it is right to back her up but you might be punished for lying. You should probably tell the truth.
Original post by Hhjshsh
Reply 3
Honesty is always the best policy. You don't have to tell her that you were honest in the form, but she is abusing her position as a teacher to pressure you into lying for her. Perhaps you could express your concerns about her asking you to cover for her to the exam board, either in the form or independently, as they could offer you more guidance. It will always turn out worse if you lie than if you are honest

I wish you all the best

Quick Reply

Latest