The Student Room Group

AQA GEOG4B 19th JUNE 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Trisha10001
I meant to say maternal health and sustainability are decreasing, whilst others are improving and have potential to reach the target but probably not by 2015 as targeted.

Could you talk about how Gender has been the nearest to improving? Where as most have not improved towards the target, rather some have worsened since when the MDGs were set.
have you guys left anything not from the booklet ? if so what :biggrin:
Original post by Trisha10001
I meant to say maternal health and sustainability are decreasing, whilst others are improving and have potential to reach the target but probably not by 2015 as targeted.

yea the website says only extreme poverty target have been reached
Reply 783
Any ideas on 15 markers?
And what about 2030 do we need to know?
- How does the work of the Riders for health fit with the recommendations made in Kenyas report under the heading "strengthening service delivery systems" any suggestions?
We're gunna get a clean copy in the exam mate -

They're not gunna let you just walk in with your own AIB, and even if they did they're not gunna check through every page before the start of the exam....

Only explanation... We're getting a clean one in the exam
Original post by cpilbeam
Isn't it the other way round?

It's choropleth as the key contains set boundaries - isopleth show gradual change
Original post by gedfed
Any ideas on 15 markers?
And what about 2030 do we need to know?

We don't, but it is useful if they ask you how you would improve the healthcare system in the future.
Original post by Ultracrepidarian
i found a website that says kenya has failed to reach 6/8 of MDGS, the actual website for MDGS for kenya is very biased, so can anyone confirm this

I think for definite they achieved MDGs 2 and 3. They primarily achievedMDG 2 due to their introduction of FPE (free primary education), they're even going ahead by the approvment of a Bill by the Cabinet to provide free secondary education as well. Then with MDG 3 the Consitution of Kenya 2010 means men and women get a fair representation at national and county assemblies.
Also 8 is on the way with the doubling of Internet users between 2010-11 so obviously Kenya is becoming more developed in terms of global partnership. Most of the others improved but didn't reach targets, but MDG 7 has been extremely challenging considering 70% of the population have such a reliance on fuel wood which will ultimately lead to deforestation!
Does anyone have the mark scheme to the zigzag student questions booklet?
Original post by Olwwwkkkkm
We're gunna get a clean copy in the exam mate -

They're not gunna let you just walk in with your own AIB, and even if they did they're not gunna check through every page before the start of the exam....

Only explanation... We're getting a clean one in the exam

Your school only has one copy, AQA only sends out one copy per candidate. If your school has given this one out and you have written on it you need to talk to your school.

Dont say "We're getting a clean one in the exam" when you don't even know what you are talking about.
Reply 791
Original post by subject1
We don't, but it is useful if they ask you how you would improve the healthcare system in the future.

which would be how?
Original post by har1996
I think for definite they achieved MDGs 2 and 3. They primarily achievedMDG 2 due to their introduction of FPE (free primary education), they're even going ahead by the approvment of a Bill by the Cabinet to provide free secondary education as well. Then with MDG 3 the Consitution of Kenya 2010 means men and women get a fair representation at national and county assemblies.
Also 8 is on the way with the doubling of Internet users between 2010-11 so obviously Kenya is becoming more developed in terms of global partnership. Most of the others improved but didn't reach targets, but MDG 7 has been extremely challenging considering 70% of the population have such a reliance on fuel wood which will ultimately lead to deforestation!

thanks and also mdg5 how maternal health is still very high
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by coronatheatre
- How does the work of the Riders for health fit with the recommendations made in Kenyas report under the heading "strengthening service delivery systems" any suggestions?

- Riders are not a "bureaucratic luxury" - they increases efficiency of the healthcare system by reducing journey times, labour costs and operational costs.
- Long-term priorities - listed on the website, aims to improve accessibility to healthcare in rural areas.
- Comprised of all of the healthcare functions, producing an integrated approach. Human resources - Riders train their own staff and give them the appropriate skills such as defensive training.
Infrastructure - using appropriate motorcycle vehicles which are more affordable and appropriate for rural areas.
Management capacity - I don't know what it means but I think the above will be enough :smile:
Original post by subject1
Your school only has one copy, AQA only sends out one copy per candidate. If your school has given this one out and you have written on it you need to talk to your school.

Dont say "We're getting a clean one in the exam" when you don't even know what you are talking about.

Our school gives clean ones in the exam and proper ones for us to write on so each school is different, please don't be rude everywhere is different. It's not useful we are in here because we want advice not nasty comments
Original post by lewispaulfrank
Our school gives clean ones in the exam and proper ones for us to write on so each school is different, please don't be rude everywhere is different. It's not useful we are in here because we want advice not nasty comments

Watch out mate, you're talking to the chief of ****ing geography here
Original post by lewispaulfrank

AQA only gives out ONE per candidate per school. Your school has either given you unofficial ones before (i.e without the "a" on the side or stapled on the side) or you are not supposed to write on them.
Come on then lads, what's the unanimous consent..?

Clean copy in the exam tomorrow or nah?

I'm sorry, but the examiners aren't gunna let you deluded people walk in with your AIB and be like yep, I'm clean dawg 😂😂
thanks a lot!! what about this? Critically evaluate the current logistical system for healthcare provision in Kenya (10)
what would the pointers be for 10 marks? thanks xx
Original post by gedfed
which would be how?

Well that is your opinion, read through the AIB and see :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending