The Student Room Group

How to plan out revision for 17 papers?

Im planning to do A Level Maths, Economics, Law & AS Further Maths.
This totals 17 papers spanning 16 May - 27 June
A Level Maths = 6 papers
A Level Law = 4 papers
A Level Econ = 4 Papers
AS Further Maths = 3 Papers

They will all be completed in the summer season of 2016

How should I go about planning to study for it?
Break it down into a few AS subjects per day? 5 Papers each per day?
:s-smilie:
Would value your help!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Start revising now
Start past paper questions on topics you have done in class ASAP
Start full tests in January :smile:
6 papers for standard maths? Not 3? Not just C1, C2 and S1/M1?
Original post by MintyMilk
6 papers for standard maths? Not 3? Not just C1, C2 and S1/M1?

That's AS. + C3 & C4
I think that I had 14 from the 22nd of May to 24th of June, though they were mostly Maths modules, so I'll tell you how I approached it.

I did all of the knowledge and textbook questions well before the exam so there wouldn't be any last minute cramming.

I'm not one for rigid timetables, so I just made a simple one in terms of months what modules I should have finished and when by. This was easy to pick for me as I aimed to finish 2 A2 Maths modules, 3 AS FM modules and 1 Physics/Chemistry module each, so what I was going for was at least half of the modules for each A-level. As you have 17 it's not an even number, but I'd suggest aiming to finish learning 1 or 2 of the FM modules and all of the modules for your other AS subjects. Then do the odd past paper here and there and aim to finish what you have left by April/March. Also look for any significant gaps in your timetable to leave past papers till.
Original post by Onlyheretoask
Im planning to do A Level Maths, Economics, Law & AS Further Maths.
This totals 17 papers spanning 16 May - 27 June
A Level Maths = 6 papers
A Level Law = 4 papers
A Level Econ = 4 Papers
AS Further Maths = 3 Papers

They will all be completed in the summer season of 2016

How should I go about planning to study for it?
Break it down into a few AS subjects per day? 5 Papers each per day?
:s-smilie:
Would value your help!

Are you going to be doing all of these with your college? It's gonna be hard work doing those all in one year, i'm doing economics in one year too
Original post by SeanFM
I think that I had 14 from the 22nd of May to 24th of June, though they were mostly Maths modules, so I'll tell you how I approached it.

I did all of the knowledge and textbook questions well before the exam so there wouldn't be any last minute cramming.

I'm not one for rigid timetables, so I just made a simple one in terms of months what modules I should have finished and when by. This was easy to pick for me as I aimed to finish 2 A2 Maths modules, 3 AS FM modules and 1 Physics/Chemistry module each, so what I was going for was at least half of the modules for each A-level. As you have 17 it's not an even number, but I'd suggest aiming to finish learning 1 or 2 of the FM modules and all of the modules for your other AS subjects. Then do the odd past paper here and there and aim to finish what you have left by April/March. Also look for any significant gaps in your timetable to leave past papers till.

Did you do the maths modules at home by yourself? I'm doing A2 maths this year and i'm thinking about trying to finish maybe c3 and c4 early by myself so that in school, i can focus on my other subjects more
Original post by SheLikeTheMango
Did you do the maths modules at home by yourself? I'm doing A2 maths this year and i'm thinking about trying to finish maybe c3 and c4 early by myself so that in school, i can focus on my other subjects more

Yes, I studied ahead if class for A2 Maths and did the FM modules at home.
Original post by SeanFM
Yes, I studied ahead if class for A2 Maths and did the FM modules at home.

Did you use examsolutions and the edexcel textbooks?

And if i remember, you did fm in one year didnt you?
Original post by SheLikeTheMango
Did you use examsolutions and the edexcel textbooks?

And if i remember, you did fm in one year didnt you?

I found that I didn't need examsolutions as most of the explanations in the textbooks were straightforward, but that's not to say that I wouldn't recommend them if you get stuck. I pretty much stuck to the textbook.

And yes, I did the A-level in one year.
Original post by SeanFM

Thanks so much man! Really appreciate it!

Quick Reply

Latest