The Student Room Group

People with expensive phones

Do you have a contract on about 40 a month. Also do you regret spending so much on a phone? Also who here still uses payg rather than a contract phone. thanks

Scroll to see replies

I have a £65/month contract for an iPhone 6 Plus, and I have no regrets at all.
bought my iphone 6 for 900 usd from dubai airport while in transit. Love it
Original post by karl pilkington
Do you have a contract on about 40 a month. Also do you regret spending so much on a phone? Also who here still uses payg rather than a contract phone. thanks

Pay as you go is so much better value. Pay monthly rip you off with interest, and the tariffs for what you get are much more expensive compared to much better PAYG tarrifs, e.g. with Three and giffgaff.

£539 for a 6 at the Apple Store + £15/month PAYG Three with unlimited data is much better value, imo.
I got my iPhone 5 on contract in December 2012 for about £35 (which rose to £38+ during my contract). I do think that was far too much but I was sick of having cheap phones that never lasted so I decided to treat myself. I still have my 5 two and a half years later but with a PAYG sim so I'm spending very little on it now.
Might upgrade when the new iPhone comes out but that mainly depends on prices and whether or not I'm still working.
Original post by Most Competitive
I have a £65/month contract for an iPhone 6 Plus, and I have no regrets at all.

wow you must be earning pretty good also how come you went for such an expensive contract couldn't you get the same phone with a cheaper contract
Original post by karl pilkington
wow you must be earning pretty good also how come you went for such an expensive contract couldn't you get the same phone with a cheaper contract

It's the 64GB version. I'm not earning yet, but I will be once I start my grad scheme :biggrin:
I had an iphone but it broke and died. I'm still paying £40ish a month though. Need to get a replacement soon.
I'm on pay as you go and I bought my phone almost 2 years ago for £100...

It does everything I need it to do and I love it
Original post by enaayrah
I'm on pay as you go and I bought my phone almost 2 years ago for £100...

It does everything I need it to do and I love it

But is it an iphone :biggrin:
I have a Samsung Galaxy A5, and I'm on PAYG, currently with Giffgaff. I pay £20 per month for 2,000 minutes, unlimited texts, and unlimited data. I think it's an excellent deal, which will be sweetened with 4G from the 2nd September onwards.
Original post by ShotsFired-9941

I don't follow the crowd :indiff:

(It's not)
Original post by ShotsFired-9941

Why on earth would you want it to be!?
Original post by enaayrah
I don't follow the crowd :indiff:

(It's not)

Cheers

Original post by Mad Vlad
Why on earth would you want it to be!?

She was a combo breaker and she didn't know it
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
bought my iphone 6 for 900 usd from dubai airport while in transit. Love it

Spoiler

Mines on PAYG, I've got an LG G3. Can't imagine going back to ****ty budget phones after this.
Original post by Imperion

Spoiler

love you babe :colondollar:
Reply 17
Payg phone with a contract sim. That's the way to go.
Original post by Most Competitive
It's the 64GB version. I'm not earning yet, but I will be once I start my grad scheme :biggrin:

What company and industry, out of curiosity? PM me if you like.
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
love you babe :colondollar:

Hope you're not offended :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest