The Student Room Group

plz can someone mark my speech

Travelling- ultimately one of the most stressful, yet unforgettable experiences. The controversy of loving it or having a distinct hate for it. Whether you agree or not, I’m here to present you with some tips- hopefully changing the mind of the haters.

Wanting to take a break from your 9- 5 job? Hoping to escape your troubles? Well, travel might be tailored to your taste. The euphoric feeling of finally surpassing your issues, relieving from a vast amount of pressure or even trauma. Travel is an escape for every soul, a doorway to lift your burdens. Sounds good? Well, it gets better! Whether you're an individual, living lavishly(I can see that’s not the vast majority of us) or not consider exploring the beauty of nature. There are many destinations, as dreamy as heaven, to break hearts. (In a good way of course)

Scared of: flying, sailing on a ship, even travel sick? I have a solution.

Travelling is usually interpreted, as leaving home hundreds of miles away, however, this should not be the case! On the contrary, it could be just a few miles cruise, to a near destination and back, in the time frame of a few days, a few hours or even minutes. personally, I enjoy travelling to a local destination, named ‘Weather Rocks’. (Yes, I know it sounds paradoxical) Despite the fact it sounds tedious, it feels surreal, laying in the aromatic grass, running my fingers through every strand- drifting into the beauty of the picture-perfect sky.

Packing. The bittersweet moment, where you dread forgetting something (Girls will know this best) but are nervously overjoyed. Remember, forgetting is in our nature so stay calm. From my experience, I would advise you to pack at least one week prior to your departure. Worried you’ll lose your way or become discombobulated? A guide book will assist you. On the contrary, you can ask around; if the civilians speak another language, don’t blow up into a frantic frenzy. Commonly, people will understand you to an extent. In addition to this, a phone would be a real lifesaver, due to the fact you can use Google Translate.

Travel is inexpensive. although you’ll learn there are always uncalled-for expenses. Having money to back you up, not only grants you assurance but prepares you for unexpected expenses. Nervous? Still paranoid about: losing your way, terrified to travel alone, afraid of not having the right gear? Just do it! Take a leap of faith and believe in yourself. If I could do it so can you.

I appreciate your presence, with your attentive listening. I hope you’ve all took my words into consideration. Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by siocrystal
Travelling- ultimately one of the most stressful, yet unforgettable experiences. The controversy of loving it or having a distinct hate for it. Whether you agree or not, I’m here to present you with some tips- hopefully changing the mind of the haters.

Wanting to take a break from your 9- 5 job? Hoping to escape your troubles? Well, travel might be tailored to your taste. The euphoric feeling of finally surpassing your issues, relieving from a vast amount of pressure or even trauma. Travel is an escape for every soul, a doorway to lift your burdens. Sounds good? Well, it gets better! Whether you're an individual, living lavishly(I can see that’s not the vast majority of us) or not consider exploring the beauty of nature. There are many destinations, as dreamy as heaven, to break hearts. (In a good way of course)

Scared of: flying, sailing on a ship, even travel sick? I have a solution.

Travelling is usually interpreted, as leaving home hundreds of miles away, however, this should not be the case! On the contrary, it could be just a few miles cruise, to a near destination and back, in the time frame of a few days, a few hours or even minutes. personally, I enjoy travelling to a local destination, named ‘Weather Rocks’. (Yes, I know it sounds paradoxical) Despite the fact it sounds tedious, it feels surreal, laying in the aromatic grass, running my fingers through every strand- drifting into the beauty of the picture-perfect sky.

Packing. The bittersweet moment, where you dread forgetting something (Girls will know this best) but are nervously overjoyed. Remember, forgetting is in our nature so stay calm. From my experience, I would advise you to pack at least one week prior to your departure. Worried you’ll lose your way or become discombobulated? A guide book will assist you. On the contrary, you can ask around; if the civilians speak another language, don’t blow up into a frantic frenzy. Commonly, people will understand you to an extent. In addition to this, a phone would be a real lifesaver, due to the fact you can use Google Translate.

Travel is inexpensive. although you’ll learn there are always uncalled-for expenses. Having money to back you up, not only grants you assurance but prepares you for unexpected expenses. Nervous? Still paranoid about: losing your way, terrified to travel alone, afraid of not having the right gear? Just do it! Take a leap of faith and believe in yourself. If I could do it so can you.

I appreciate your presence, with your attentive listening. I hope you’ve all took my words into consideration. Thank you.

This is an excellent speech.

The NAE is more to do with how you present yourself in front of the camera. make sure you have a bottle of water nearby in case your mouth starts to dry out (or u forget a phrase).

speed up and slow down the pace.

engage with your audience

don't stutter

you will get a distinction

for my speech I did a comedy and got a distinction 👍

hope this helps
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Tahannn
This is an excellent speech.

The NAE is more to do with how you present yourself in front of the camera. make sure you have a bottle of water nearby in case your mouth starts to dry out (or u forget a phrase).

speed up and slow down the pace.

engage with your audience

don't stutter

you will get a distinction

for my speech I did a comedy and got a distinction 👍

hope this helps

thank you so much. I feel much more confident now :suith:

Quick Reply

Latest