The Student Room Group

I lost my gcse results how screwed am I

So I finished secondary school in 2019 and I did really terrible. I remember shoving my grades letter in a draw somewhere and not taking a picture or anything. I've moved since then and I don't have the results slip. I also didn't receive the certificates in the post like a lot of people did but I didn't really think about it at the time.

I've now just finished college and I did really decent and I want to apply to uni now but I don't have my GCSE grades, I remember them off the top of my head but not my exam boards or anything like that. I know its really irresponsible and stupid of me but I have no idea what to do. Does anyone have any advice?

Edit: I phoned my old school today and they had my results :smile:
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by idkwhatto
So I finished secondary school in 2019 and I did really terrible. I remember shoving my grades letter in a draw somewhere and not taking a picture or anything. I've moved since then and I don't have the results slip. I also didn't receive the certificates in the post like a lot of people did but I didn't really think about it at the time.

I've now just finished college and I did really decent and I want to apply to uni now but I don't have my GCSE grades, I remember them off the top of my head but not my exam boards or anything like that. I know its really irresponsible and stupid of me but I have no idea what to do. Does anyone have any advice?

I would get into contact with your old school to see if they still have your GCSE certificates
Reply 2
And even if they dont have the certificates, they will have a record that they can print out for you.
Reply 3
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I would get into contact with your old school to see if they still have your GCSE certificates

Okay thank you I will try that. I wasn't sure if they would have my data still since its been nearly 5 years now.
Reply 4
You should contact your secondary school and ask for a transcript of your results as they might still have them!🤞

Also bear in mind that you can directly contact certain exam boards, here's Pearson's as an example.
you can request a certifcate from the exam boards (its expensive though, maybe a few dozen pound)?
Original post by idkwhatto
Okay thank you I will try that. I wasn't sure if they would have my data still since its been nearly 5 years now.

I think they have to keep your certificates for a certain amount of time before they shred them.
I think they have to keep your certificates for a certain amount of time before they shred them.

1 year i believe
Reply 8

We have certifcates that are many years old - we never shred them.
Original post by Muttley79
We have certifcates that are many years old - we never shred them.

I think my school does after about five years but I could be wrong

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending