Scroll to see replies

Maths - A
Stats - A
Foundations of freestanding maths - A
iGCSE english - A
Further Maths - A^
English language - B
English Lit -A*
Core Science - C (will turn to an A, teacher made a mistake with my coursework >_>)
Additional science - A
Electronics - B
Spanish - A
Geography - B
Computer science - A*

1A^, 2A*, 6A, 3B and 1 C atm :smile:, very happy!

.... but the C should turn to an A so I'll be thrilled with 10 A*-A grades :smile:
Original post by Lewishier
Lemme correct myself:

Yeah but can you go around life not flashing around how you still have a job even though you failed GCSEs?

Sure, you may have a good job and you probably worked hard at programming to be good at it. But I doubt someone who failed their GCSEs but spending a lot of time learning about anatomy will get a job as a doctor any time soon. Good on you for succeeding but don't make it look like failing GCSEs can still be a success.

I basically sacrificed my GCSE's for software and it paid off. I basically saved myself 4 years of uni and two years of A levels. I am six years ahead of everyone else technically.

Time is the most precious resource and money buys time.
Original post by alexcboar
But you are only 16 you don't understand the importance of software. Bill Gates is the richest man on earth because of software. Imagine if windows got deleted from every hospital now? Lots of people would die...

I'm pretty sure more would die without the doctors/surgeons though :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
4A*s, 3As and 3Bs but idk if thats enough for UEA??? Ive been looking there since year 9
Original post by WannabeDoctor98
I'm pretty sure more would die without the doctors/surgeons though :':wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You sure about that bro?

If all the surgeons went then patients that require major surgery would die yes. But other people would still have a chance as we still have nurses for blood transfusions etc..

If all the Windows Computers went,
Doctor1. WHAT IS THIS MANS BLOOD TYPE?
Nurse. I DONT KNOW I CANT OPEN THE DATA BASE.
Doctor2. Fuc* it lets guess? Uhh B?
Nurse. Doing that now...
Heart Rate monitor: BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

And thats just for one type of data.
Original post by Lewishier
Lemme correct myself:

Yeah but can you go around life not flashing around how you still have a job even though you failed GCSEs?

Sure, you may have a good job and you probably worked hard at programming to be good at it. But I doubt someone who failed their GCSEs but spending a lot of time learning about anatomy will get a job as a doctor any time soon. Good on you for succeeding but don't make it look like failing GCSEs can still be a success.

Would you trade in all your GCSE's now to be fluent in every programming language?
You sure about that bro?

If all the surgeons went then patients that require major surgery would die yes. But other people would still have a chance as we still have nurses for blood transfusions etc..

If all the Windows Computers went,
Doctor1. WHAT IS THIS MANS BLOOD TYPE?
Nurse. I DONT KNOW I CANT OPEN THE DATA BASE.
Doctor2. Fuc* it lets guess? Uhh B?
Nurse. Doing that now...
Heart Rate monitor: BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

And thats just for one type of data.

You do realise people lived good quality lives before software engineers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WannabeDoctor98
You do realise people lived good quality lives before software engineers?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes but now everything is connected software runs the earth, if all that wiped out it would be utter chaos. For a fact banks would stop operating so yeah... Planes flying would just stop so yeah...

Also cars that are moving like 70mph on the ECU chips it would go from 70 to 0 instantly set off every airbag in every modern vehicle while moving, think about if that happened on the motorway and the steering wheel would lock up because there would be no power steering fluid being pumped in and the brakes would stop working but only on modern modern cars.
(edited 8 years ago)
Maths A*
English Language A*
English Literature B (getting remarked)
Physics A*
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Music A*
History A*
Latin A*
Spanish A (getting remarked 1 mark away from A * aaaaah)
First of all why would I need to? I make 100000+ a year and every year it increases. And what I work on is most likely more complex than anything at university.

Secondly if I sent oxford all the stuff I have worked on I bet I would be at the front of the queue if I applied.

I can't remember who mentioned being a surgeon but next year I am going to work for a private organization in the US and we are going to create a machine that can perform organ transplants (starting off with liver transplants but I will be working in a team of 100 people that include hardware engineers software engineers and surgeons etc...). The salary is 342000 dollars on a 2 year contract. So look out for that coming in the next 5-10 years.

If you are so rich, powerful and don't care about education why are you on the student room? just saying...

Stop being so sour and let the people on this thread enjoy their results no matter what grade they got.
(edited 8 years ago)
Would you trade in all your GCSE's now to be fluent in every programming language?

nope :h:
Original post by CoolCavy
nope :h:

Shame because every company would want to hire you for like a gajillion dollars.
Shame because every company would want to hire you for like a gajillion dollars.

we r in Britain not america :wink:
I got 13 A*s and 1 A :biggrin: Congratulations everyone!
Reply 54
Okay 'smart ass'. I am smarter than you, and I always will be. If you become a surgeon the software that you use and applications that you will use to save peoples lives, yeah those?? Guess what type of people make them? People like me make them. I have worked on Military Systems, I have worked on Windows, I have worked for Nvidia. Do you know how many millions of peoples system run my code? No matter how many lives you save I will make more of a difference. I put more effort into my programming skills than anyone has put into their GCSE's. Without software engineers surgeons would save lot less people, we would be more at risk by threats such as ISIS. Software engineers are the reason you are on this forum right now, they are the reason we run advanced systems that orbit the earth. So before you think you are intelligent trying to call me dumb just remember people like me are the reason that 99% of modern technology fuc*ing works.

Also when you are 30 and have to support a family and pay off a mortgage and finance your car then say money doesn't matter.

Just because you scored a few A*'s you think you are so clever. My software knowledge is greater than a PHD so say what you want you have not even started your life yet, kid.

Your smarter then me? don't you mean your more knowledgeable then me in coding with C++ and python? but to say your smarter then me with no substance is an uneducated statement, where is your evidence? you programmed a couple of programs; I too in my GCSE computing programmed a calculator, recipe maker and hangman and got A/A* using visual basic. Now talking about being smarter then me, what evidence do you have? do you mean the truckload of D's C's and E's in your GCSE results, you have no academic education beyond that. I don't care if the whole of China runs your code, your statement about being more intelligent and guess what its also people like you that program the drones that kill thousands of civilians in 'collateral' damage all around the world and programmed the war machines that gave birth to ISIS in the first place, be an Academic and be productive in life, machines can't so surgical operations, go and make a real distance and help someone directly; you haven't worked hard other then dedicating to programming and failing your GCSE's other then that you got no evidence of your so called academic 'intelligence' that your bragging about if it is even true. Please don't create a false profile of yourself, people like you didn't create 99% of the worlds technology, it was academics that studied hard to invent the computer and manufactured the chair your sitting on and the house your living in not fail everything in life and get extremely lucky like you - point is don't try to drag others into the counter productive life because it isn't a life achievement to be stupid and gain loads of money; money isn't the world were all going to fall into the same sized grave someday so quit trying to brag.
Original post by student_1999
I got 13 A*s and 1 A :biggrin: Congratulations everyone!

Awesome! congrats to u 2! :biggrin:
If you are so rich, powerful and don't care about education why are you on the student room? just saying...

Because when I was younger and all I wanted to do was code, my mum would say to me "GET OFF THAT ****ING COMPUTER AND REVISE YOUR SCHOOL WORK" But I didn't understand the point of school none of the subjects felt like they were giving me decent skills I could use later on in life. Then I stumbled upon a forum and someone said how they were a self made Software Engineer and it gave me hope. And I can guarantee there is probably some 16 year old sitting on there computer on this forum they have minimized their IDE and they are looking at everyone brag about they A*'s and top grades when they probably didn't do very well. And they are probably just looking for hope and I hope they have found it.
Because when I was younger and all I wanted to do was code, my mum would say to me "GET OFF THAT ****ING COMPUTER AND REVISE YOUR SCHOOL WORK" But I didn't understand the point of school none of the subjects felt like they were giving me decent skills I could use later on in life. Then I stumbled upon a forum and someone said how they were a self made Software Engineer and it gave me hope. And I can guarantee there is probably some 16 year old sitting on there computer on this forum they have minimized their IDE and they are looking at everyone brag about they A*'s and top grades when they probably didn't do very well. And they are probably just looking for hope and I hope they have found it.

Nobody is bragging about what they got and nobody is obliged to share what they got if they don't want to, if you want to gve people 'hope' create your own thread about it rather than trying to bellitle everyone else who did well in their GCSEs.
Nobody is bragging about what they got and nobody is obliged to share what they got if they don't want to, if you want to gve people 'hope' create your own thread about it rather than trying to bellitle everyone else who did well in their GCSEs.

I never tried to belittle anyone I was just saying that GCSE's are not the only way to success. I just did not expect an army of 16 year old knobs to be fags.

I just want to say this now, if you got high grades and everyone is calling you smart like your parents and family. I want you to know you are not smart your life has not even started yet. If you think A levels are hard next year, pah. Easy your life has not started yet, if you think Uni is hard, pah Easy you life has not started yet. You are smart when you are successful and get yourself a good job, your parents want what is best for you and they are probably happy for you with your results but they know that you are not even close yet. Your parents will be happy for you when you are older and have a decent job and can afford your own house and buy a BMW or Mercedes of something like that, you are nowhere close yet.
I never tried to belittle anyone I was just saying that GCSE's are not the only way to success. I just did not expect an army of 16 year old knobs to be fags.

I just want to say this now, if you got high grades and everyone is calling you smart like your parents and family. I want you to know you are not smart your life has not even started yet. If you think A levels are hard next year, pah. Easy your life has not started yet, if you think Uni is hard, pah Easy you life has not started yet. You are smart when you are successful and get yourself a good job, your parents want what is best for you and they are probably happy for you with your results but they know that you are not even close yet. Your parents will be happy for you when you are older and have a decent job and can afford your own house and buy a BMW or Mercedes of something like that, you are nowhere close yet.

Well im sure everyone on this thread will deeply appreciate that patronizing comment. I am bored of this converation with such a materialistic, egocentric person :h:

Quick Reply

Latest