The Student Room Group

GCSE results for dentistry

My grades in GCSEs were 9,8,8,8,8,8,8,7,7,5 with the 8s being in maths and science. My 5 was in French and my other 7s were in English language and RS. Do my results prevent me from applying to some dentistry courses? If not, will they place me at a disadvantage compared to other students?
Reply 1
Original post by drffrygvx
My grades in GCSEs were 9,8,8,8,8,8,8,7,7,5 with the 8s being in maths and science. My 5 was in French and my other 7s were in English language and RS. Do my results prevent me from applying to some dentistry courses? If not, will they place me at a disadvantage compared to other students?

these are some pretty good results. But generally universities only care about Maths, English, and the sciences. most unis just want a 6 in maths and english for dentistry but others might want 7 in the sciences. But from what i've seen universities care more about your A-level grades than GCSE's as A-levels are a better indicator of how much effort you put in; Plus they will look at your personal statement and any entrance exam you have to give such as the BMAT or UCAT.

Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest