The Student Room Group

Austrian universtities

hi I am currently trying to apply for medicine in austria and just wondering what the grade requirements are over there and also whether a uni that doesn't require me learning German while studying medicine as in a UnI that's English based only. thank you
Not ever heard of anyone mention Austrian universities that have English-medium medical courses - are you sure they exist?

Even if such a degree were available in English, it is likely nonetheless that you would need to learn German as this is the language that most of your patients would speak.

Out of interest what is it that is making you want to go to Austria in particular?
Reply 2
Original post by junior.doctor
Not ever heard of anyone mention Austrian universities that have English-medium medical courses - are you sure they exist?

Even if such a degree were available in English, it is likely nonetheless that you would need to learn German as this is the language that most of your patients would speak.

Out of interest what is it that is making you want to go to Austria in particular?

I wantes to study there beacuse just recentlyi got my As grades and they were not particularly good so i searched unis there because they require an entrance exam in bio chem and physics to get in. You dont have to have Alevels hence i thought that as an option so i just wanted to do medicine there but not work there so they do teach in english but they require u learn german with it through out the 6 years of medicine hence i wanted help if there is a uni thats doesnt require that.
Original post by MAK483
I wantes to study there beacuse just recentlyi got my As grades and they were not particularly good so i searched unis there because they require an entrance exam in bio chem and physics to get in. You dont have to have Alevels hence i thought that as an option so i just wanted to do medicine there but not work there so they do teach in english but they require u learn german with it through out the 6 years of medicine hence i wanted help if there is a uni thats doesnt require that.

Not-what-you'd-hoped-for AS grades doesn't automatically close the door to medicine in the UK. Work hard this year, resit some things if necessary, come out with the right A-level grades, take a gap year and then apply for UK medicine at the beginning of your gap year with your A-level grades in hand.

I would very much doubt that there is a course in Austria that does not require you to learn German - as I said before, all your patients will speak German, so your clinical years would be very difficult if you were not able to speak to them, take histories, explain things to them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending