The Student Room Group

Massive crowd of migrants attacking police car in Germany

I view this in a skeptical light, I can hear them shouting that catchphrase we know them for. Is there any context surrounding this that people can add. Any discrepancies, the quality and angle really bug me the most. But the car fits the German police cars, seems legit.

Must suck to live in this place.

EDIT;
bruscia Dortmund fans caused the trouble,

"Around 200 people were arrested as ugly scenes marred the 141st Revier derby between Borussia Dortmund and Schalke 04.

Despite repeated appeals by both clubs for their fans to behave during the week, violent skirmishes were reported in the build-up to a game which Schalke won 2-1 in Dortmund."

[video="youtube;S9B_DN3Ye4g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9B_DN3Ye4g[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RodgertheRabbit
I view this in a skeptical light, I can hear them shouting that catchphrase we know them for. Is there any context surrounding this that people can add. Any discrepancies, the quality and angle really bug me the most. But the car fits the German police cars, seems legit.

Must suck to live in this place.

[video="youtube;S9B_DN3Ye4g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9B_DN3Ye4g[/video]

Oh the irony.

If you do some research you'll soon realise

1) this video is 3 years old

2) these people are German neo-nazis
Original post by redferry
Oh the irony.

Thanks for the update, can you give me some info so I can include in the original post. A link or something to the context. It makes sense what you say though, why would the police be making announcements in German to protesting migrants.

Weren't some shouting alluha akbar in the video? Like I said, I am skeptical and I posted it up for clarification.
Allahu Akbar is most certainly not being shouted in the video. I listened and couldn't hear that whatsoever. Here also is the video from 2013 on youtube, way before the 'refugee crisis'.

[video="youtube;uVB9u9ZuBik"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVB9u9ZuBik[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)
Thanks for the update, can you give me some info so I can include in the original post. A link or something to the context. It makes sense what you say though, why would the police be making announcements in German to protesting migrants.

Weren't some shouting alluha akbar in the video? Like I said, I am skeptical and I posted it up for clarification.

The far right often shout things like that as a piss take - its kind of a way to be offensive about Muslims.

CBA to look it up again but if you Google neonazis attack police car Germany, or something along those lines, the same video comes up. There is also a version purporting it to be bruscia Dortmund fans.
Europeans love a good riot, it is central to our cultural traditions.

Never let critical thinking get in the way of your prejudices.
bruscia Dortmund fans.

Nothing comes up on google search for neo Nazis, but this got the hit for me. Thanks. Football hooligans. Is it weird that I am relieved lol.
Nothing comes up on google search for neo Nazis, but this got the hit for me. Thanks. Football hooligans. Is it weird that I am relieved lol.

They may be a neo Nazi element who are also bruschia Dortmund fans to be fair
This happened when I was a student, there was a massive houseparty and the police were called, loads of people were standing outside baiting the pigs "come on then", none of the pigs were hard enough to do anything about it then someone threw a bollard at a policecar and one hardman got his dog to start biting the students. It was all over youtube for police brutality.
They may be a neo Nazi element who are also bruschia Dortmund fans to be fair

Collectively known as the 'Ultras' apparently, I don't know whether its because I'm over tired or trying to avoid maths revision but I find this little niche of society fascinating at the moment. Also, how on earth did you recognize a video from 3 years ago about such an abstract event in Germany.

"As if by command, the men put on black balaclavas and start marching. They are young, some are wearing shorts and they are carrying plastic clubs.

Borussia Dortmund is playing against Schalke 04. It's the half-time break. A police detail is positioned behind the south stands to protect the Schalke fans. The officers see the men, fanatical Borussia fans known as "ultras," coming toward them. Then the attackers lunge at the police and start hitting them with their clubs. Bottles fly, and innocent fans waiting at concession stands flee in panic.
More ultras join in from the south stands, and before long the officers are facing a mob of some 200 thugs. The police fall back, striking at the out-of-control fans with their batons.

As the air becomes filled with the pepper spray being used by the police, one of the ultras shouts: "Just breathe through your mouth, not your nose." A beer keg comes flying through the air.

Within a few minutes, the commotion is over. The match resumes. The police withdraw, and all that's left is a large puddle of blood."
Collectively known as the 'Ultras' apparently, I don't know whether its because I'm over tired or trying to avoid maths revision but I find this little niche of society fascinating at the moment. Also, how on earth did you recognize a video from 3 years ago about such an abstract event in Germany.

"As if by command, the men put on black balaclavas and start marching. They are young, some are wearing shorts and they are carrying plastic clubs.

Borussia Dortmund is playing against Schalke 04. It's the half-time break. A police detail is positioned behind the south stands to protect the Schalke fans. The officers see the men, fanatical Borussia fans known as "ultras," coming toward them. Then the attackers lunge at the police and start hitting them with their clubs. Bottles fly, and innocent fans waiting at concession stands flee in panic.
More ultras join in from the south stands, and before long the officers are facing a mob of some 200 thugs. The police fall back, striking at the out-of-control fans with their batons.

As the air becomes filled with the pepper spray being used by the police, one of the ultras shouts: "Just breathe through your mouth, not your nose." A beer keg comes flying through the air.

Within a few minutes, the commotion is over. The match resumes. The police withdraw, and all that's left is a large puddle of blood."

People had already pointed it out in the comments and I just googled that video.

So yeah, noe-nazi football hooligans, not migrants. Use your head before you post stuff like this it just stirs up racist sentiment.
Original post by Life_peer
They've let vermin in, now they'll have to deal with them. :dontknow:

Unfortunately the 'vermin' in the video where born there.....

But hey football hooligans what can you expect :P
Oh the irony.

@MatureStudent36
2013 video nice.

We need these migrants to flood into the UK otherwise our economy is gone.
Aw this is embarrassing for OP.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

Interesting point. Thank you for pointing that out. Obviously somebody who has an ulterior motive.
minority of muslims
People had already pointed it out in the comments and I just googled that video.

So yeah, noe-nazi football hooligans, not migrants. Use your head before you post stuff like this it just stirs up racist sentiment.

Not before you they hadn't pointed it out, and whats wrong with having a racist sentiment? Completely normal, everybody is racist on some level. Anyone who claims not to be is either lying or not self aware enough to realize they can indeed be racist.
Original post by MatureStudent36
Interesting point. Thank you for pointing that out. Obviously somebody who has an ulterior motive.

no problemo

It was probably a neo-nazi using footage of a neo-nazi thugs to whip up anti migrant/refugee sentiment :teehee:

Original post by Bill_Gates
2013 video nice.

We need these migrants to flood into the UK otherwise our economy is gone.

I'd trade you for a migrant.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
no problemo

It was probably a neo-nazi using footage of a neo-nazi thugs to whip up anti migrant/refugee sentiment :teehee:

I'd trade you for a migrant.

that's not very nice now is it Daniel?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending