The Student Room Group

Jumped red traffic light..please help

Today I jumped a red traffic light….i was crossing the light near school it was green changed to amber suddenly changed to red got panicked and just drive through red light.And the car behind flashed their lights.I got really panicked and didn’t stopped.Iamreally scared now did I caused any accident and went back after 10 mins to see anything happened.Everything seems fine .Iam really scared now is police is coming for me…My BP increased can’t eat feeling guilty and what to do…should I call a the police and report myself just passed my driving test last week…what to do now ?
You don't need to do anything right now other than reflect on why it happened. Lights don't change any more suddenly than others, they all operate the same way, be wary of any that have been on green as you approach, especially near a school.

If the lights have a camera then you'll get a letter in the post within 2-3weeks. The police won't visit you regardless.
Reply 2
Thank you iam really sorry I will be more careful when approaching the traffic lights.But still I don’t know why the car behind flashed me…went back after 10 mins to check whether I caused an accident..no one was there.
Original post by Vsh
Thank you iam really sorry I will be more careful when approaching the traffic lights.But still I don’t know why the car behind flashed me…went back after 10 mins to check whether I caused an accident..no one was there.

Probably just trying to draw your attention to what you were doing or call you out for being a div on this occasion.

If you'd have caused an accident you'd have known.
Reply 4
Thank you very much for talking to me …Iam feeling less stress now…Thank you 😊
Original post by Vsh
Today I jumped a red traffic light….i was crossing the light near school it was green changed to amber suddenly changed to red got panicked and just drive through red light.And the car behind flashed their lights.I got really panicked and didn’t stopped.Iamreally scared now did I caused any accident and went back after 10 mins to see anything happened.Everything seems fine .Iam really scared now is police is coming for me…My BP increased can’t eat feeling guilty and what to do…should I call a the police and report myself just passed my driving test last week…what to do now ?

You won’t get in trouble with the police, but be careful next time
Reply 6
Original post by RandomLawGuy
You won’t get in trouble with the police, but be careful next time

Thank you…I was worried and got panicked and the car behind me flashed the lights…but I couldn’t stop the car because I got panicked ….drive to home and sat in car for 10 mins…then I thought may be I caused an accident that’s why the car flashed …so went back but no one was there ..It was eating me & stressing out…Hope everything is ok

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending